HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 07-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Legality of silicone hose???

I just put a 1/2" fuel line on my street/strip car. I was going to use aluminum, but when I went to buy fittings and hardware for it, I ended up at a chassis builder's facility called G.R.T. Race Cars, a company that apparently has a pretty good reputation, nationally, for building tube chassis, dirt track cars. They build complete cars for sale, so they fabricate everything, from the gound up.

The guys I talked to who worked there were "sold" on the high-tech silicone hose (fuel line) they use on all their race cars. It has 2,800-pounds-per-square-inch burst spec, and they said it is somewhat heat resistant (300 degrees, I believe he said), and they basically told me that it it will survive on a dirt track under the conditions of circle-track racing, it shoulr last forever on the street or drag strip.

I bought it when they told me that the push-on fittings they use require no clamp, and that they simply will tear the hose in two before one will pull off the barb.

It was a lot easier than putting all the bends in aluminum tubing... 'cause I had a LOT of plumbing to do. I am using two complete fuel systems; the original tank, and an 8-gal. fuel cell in the trunk, and two different pumps. Now, I am adding a bypass regulator to the system for more plumbing, yet.

My question is this: The 2007 NHRA Rule Book says that NHRA "Approved" silicone hose is legal. I need to know how to find out if this stuff I bought and installed is on the list. I don't think they put the list in the rulebook... or, did I miss it?

Any ideas on how to find out which hose is "approved"?

Thanks for any information or, comments...

Bill, in Conway, AR
Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Bill Harris

Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Legality of silicone hose???

Pg 202 of the 2007 rule book under "Lines".
Bill Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 PM   #3
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Legality of silicone hose???

Thanks, Bill. Found it!!!