HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #391
modelman1960

Liked 55 Times in 22 Posts
Thumbs up Re: '67 Camaro E/SA redo

Rich, through the magical skills of my I.T. guy at work here they are in color.
Walt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gold Rush 2.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	25918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gold Rush.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	25919  
modelman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #392
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: '67 Camaro E/SA redo

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman1960 View Post
Rich, through the magical skills of my I.T. guy at work here they are in color.
Walt
Great old pictures Walt...probably had tow hubs on it in the second one.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #393
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Music City Raceway 10/4/2014 -

Drilled 'em first round...

Got drilled second round lol...

I am so ready to get the Stocker engine back together...I am not a true believer in this 327.

Generic Waffle House parking lot pic's...

Old 10-05-2014, 12:33 AM   #394
tommy d

Liked 310 Times in 116 Posts

Rich, what happened to all four sides and the roof of your trailer? Did someone steal them while you were at the gas station? Didn't think they allowed just "trailer frames" to tow stockers anymore. Oh, and they got your diesel pusher motor home too. How you gonna run 1.25 under with a low buck tow rig?
Old 10-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #395
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy d View Post
Rich, what happened to all four sides and the roof of your trailer? Did someone steal them while you were at the gas station? Didn't think they allowed just "trailer frames" to tow stockers anymore. Oh, and they got your diesel pusher motor home too. How you gonna run 1.25 under with a low buck tow rig?
Let's just say I have figured out what a "real" Stocker is made of...it isnt the money. I intend to do everything strictly by the rules and it will not approach those performance levels...of this I am certain. When it ceases being fun being outrun more than a half second in heads up races I'll just go bracket racing...I really enjoy a starting line battle more than anything anyway. Speaking my mind on this subject will probably not go over well here, but it is what it is. The new motor build will receive all the attention I can muster and it will be completely legit.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #396
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 142 Posts

Your experiences with this Camaro are really interesting. This thread gets lots of views, thanks for sharing so many pictures with us. Looking forward to the engine build/freshen portion of the expedition.
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #397
tommy d

Liked 310 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
Let's just say I have figured out what a "real" Stocker is made of...it isnt the money. I intend to do everything strictly by the rules and it will not approach those performance levels...of this I am certain. When it ceases being fun being outrun more than a half second in heads up races I'll just go bracket racing...I really enjoy a starting line battle more than anything anyway. Speaking my mind on this subject will probably not go over well here, but it is what it is. The new motor build will receive all the attention I can muster and it will be completely legit.
Rich, just showing you some love for doing your deal on your terms. I love everything about this car and this thread. I miss the days of pick-up trucks and Bock- Drag Star trailers.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #398
modelman1960

Liked 55 Times in 22 Posts
Thumbs up Re: '67 Camaro E/SA redo

Rich, Love the truck/ trailer combo. Back in my day, you were living high on the hog so to speak if you had a trailer. I'd say 90% of the stock and S/S racers in C.N.Y. flat towed and tow hubs were the latest craze. My dad and I had to disconnect the drive shaft to tow it to and from the strip.
And being a 2 pc. unit required us to wire it up to the floor board instead of removing it. Not too bad unless you hit a bumpy road.
Keep up the good effort Sir.
Walt
modelman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #399
brent flynn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
Right there with you, Rich... i have figured that out, too, but had already done that, before i even started my project...hehe... I will make a couple changes to my car( cam/valvetrain and maybe 350 trans) and see what it'll do , by next years' end, but i dont see ever having a 3k set of heads, or 1400$ ring package. I have done what i set out to do, which was to build what i call a 'legal stocker'... a fairly low budget deal, home built, and no real trick parts. Not even a dyno pull...hehe... My intent was to outrun the best E/stockers , from the mid late '80s, with similar parts. I have pretty much done that... Other than the cam, roller rockers and ignition, my car is equivalent to a 25-30yr old stocker...oh, and the fuel cell... If indexes woulda never been messed with , I'd be .51 under! Also, i miss my open trailer,but like not having to unload at 2a.m. in the morning...hehe
Old 10-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #400
HandOverFist
VIP Member

That's pretty much it Brent. I'll build it just as tight/right that I can...the rest of the car is already pretty much spot on. We have a routine where if we return home late I just back up to the shop door, unstrap the car and let it roll off the trailer into the bay...gets quicker every time.