HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-04-2019, 10:15 AM   #11
Mack Reeves

Liked 45 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: 2019 Cobra Jet program in jeopardy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
The word is Mike Delahanty is no longer with Ford Performance. So my question is who will be the contact for the Cobra Jet teams. How do we buy parts, and who do we order them from. Will they be replacing Mike or just not have a rep anymore. Does this mean all the teams are on their own.

I have yet to see one factory 2019 Cobra Jet produced. From my perspective things don't look good for the Cobra Jet program. If they are cutting back on personnel, does that send us a message to where the Cobra Jet program is heading.

What was once the best factory program to come out of the the big three is now just a shell of itself. Brian Wolfe and Jesse Kershaw brought the Cobra Jet back in 2008, and it forced Dodge and Chevy to do likewise. I can only imagine how they must feel looking at how the Cobra Jet program has declined. Yes I know the Showdown combo is very fast now, but there are very few new combo's for the rest of us Ford racer, unlike in the years between 2010-2014 where you had so many choices.

I know many teams were unhappy with they way the Cobra Jet programs was run in the past few years, but without a rep what do they do now. How about some feed back on what you guys think Ford Performance should do to keep the Cobra Jet program going for the future.

Ken, I do not know the situation at Ford.. But I do know the feeling about not having someone to keep you informed on what is going on.. I can't speak for all the Mopar teams but I feel the same way since Dale Aldo retired from Chrysler..
Old 04-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #12
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Ditto Mack. Ditto, ditto. Mopar Performance , which does not exist any more, has no future. Dale was our last hope. You guys at Ford should praise the green earth for as much as you got. Between the manufacturers and NHRA, that class don't have a chance. Beer time.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:32 PM   #13
Dallas Kelly

Liked 85 Times in 21 Posts

History would seem to suggest that 10 years, plus or minus, is the length of Ford's attention span when it comes to drag racing support on a macro scale. It "could" return in, say, 35 or 40 years.

Last edited by Dallas Kelly; 04-04-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Dallas Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #14
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,071 Times in 765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Ditto Mack. Ditto, ditto. Mopar Performance , which does not exist any more, has no future. Dale was our last hope. You guys at Ford should praise the green earth for as much as you got. Between the manufacturers and NHRA, that class don't have a chance. Beer time.
Hence, NHRA is done.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-04-2019, 06:33 PM   #15
BillyCarroll

Liked 117 Times in 15 Posts

There are very few sponsors that have any real influence with the NHRA, let alone ones that spend time on the pit side that really matters. It seems (and still does) like there is some momentum gaining with the big three as far as seeing some real value in sportsman drag racing again and how it relates to winning on Sunday and selling on Monday. I’m not sure what Ford’s plan is after Mike or Mopar’s after Dale, but those positions cannot be done from the suite on Sunday.
BillyCarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #16
Ralph A Powell

Liked 201 Times in 122 Posts

Dragracing has always been the Red Head Stepchild in Detroit! I have a copy of the 1969 Ford race budget. NASCAR was 19 million, TranAm was 4.8 million and Dragracing was just over 1 million. Oldsmoble was in Dragracing from 1982 to 1995 before being forced out by the Corp was sent to IRL till Olds was killed off. It had one of the best programs for Stock and Super Stock. It gave a lot of support to the Sportsman Elminators. Ask a lot of the old Oldsmobile racers.
Ralph A Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:27 PM   #17
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

Hello !! Ford plans on not selling cars in North America !! With the Mustang and some wheeze box as their only car !! do you think it takes a bunch of support from racing to sell Mustangs to the Ford faithful ?? Factory stock will not sell a single car to the public !! even the most naieve fans will see that the level of performance of these cars is beyond the reach of the brand loyal buyer !!
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-04-2019, 09:39 PM   #18
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,071 Times in 765 Posts

Without support from the big three, FSS has no chance of succeeding Pro Stock as we once knew it. It's a shame because it's time is now and the N.H.R.A. has done what it does best with these opportunities to grow the sport of drag racing. They made a mess of it all.

Last edited by Frank Castros; 04-04-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-05-2019, 07:27 AM   #19
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,770 Times in 1,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubski View Post
Hello !! Ford plans on not selling cars in North America !! With the Mustang and some wheeze box as their only car !! do you think it takes a bunch of support from racing to sell Mustangs to the Ford faithful ?? Factory stock will not sell a single car to the public !! even the most naieve fans will see that the level of performance of these cars is beyond the reach of the brand loyal buyer !!
But it will help sell trucks to the Drag Racers and Car Guys who still have to tow their stuff to where they want to go! NHRA Drag Racing might be at the end of it's rope but there's still an awful lot of "rabid" Car Guys out there playing with their toys and they've got to move them around.

OMG!!!! Did I just post on a FFFord thread?!? I must be mistaken.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #20
George Fitzpatrick

Liked 98 Times in 23 Posts

Bigger Mustang

https://carbuzz.com/news/next-genera...challenger-big