HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #11
sammy christian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: NYIRP back under Metcalfe management

pretty tough talk from "silver fox", use your real name jackass. if you don't recognize me by name, you must not have been racing in western NY very long.

i have never been a points member at that dump,(or gravel pit as most people know it), i don't waste my time there much since the downturn it took a few years ago.

car counts there have been dropping for years, as people realized everything was being geared toward street cars and money in bob's pocket. this was long before the economy began affecting racing.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but facts show that people are tired of the same old crap. all of us that have been around long enough, and have been to tracks around the country, can see the difference. it's funny how the people that hate lancaster are usually also the same ones that think things were fine at nyirp. lancaster has had several different owners and is still thriving. the difference is that real racers can make due with 1 or 2 time trials and race without making a mess out of an entire day.
if racing at nyirp is all you know, it's time to get out more.

as far as getting personal about vito and sylvia, that shows alot about you, maybe you and all the other people that can't deal with change are the real problem. HAVE YOU EVER WON A RACE OR EVEN A ROUND AT ANOTHER TRACK? DOUBT IT.
sammy christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
SilverFox

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NYIRP back under Metcalfe management

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy christian View Post
pretty tough talk from "silver fox", use your real name jackass. if you don't recognize me by name, you must not have been racing in western NY very long.

i have never been a points member at that dump,(or gravel pit as most people know it), i don't waste my time there much since the downturn it took a few years ago.

car counts there have been dropping for years, as people realized everything was being geared toward street cars and money in bob's pocket. this was long before the economy began affecting racing.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but facts show that people are tired of the same old crap. all of us that have been around long enough, and have been to tracks around the country, can see the difference. it's funny how the people that hate lancaster are usually also the same ones that think things were fine at nyirp. lancaster has had several different owners and is still thriving. the difference is that real racers can make due with 1 or 2 time trials and race without making a mess out of an entire day.
if racing at nyirp is all you know, it's time to get out more.

as far as getting personal about vito and sylvia, that shows alot about you, maybe you and all the other people that can't deal with change are the real problem. HAVE YOU EVER WON A RACE OR EVEN A ROUND AT ANOTHER TRACK? DOUBT IT.

Truth usually is tough talk.

I said I did not recognize it ( your name) as a weekly points racer. Learn how to read.

And since you admittedly only went ONCE late in the season you are in no position to comment on how good or bad a job the change in ownership brought to the facility. Bob and Donna have run the place over 20 years, Vito could not hack it one, Or should I say his wife because if you had been going there you would know she ran everything and he was hard to even find. Yea I have a problem with change, as you would if it were change for the worse. Bob might not be the best but he is a hell of alot better than what NYIRP got in 08.

Lancaster was not thriving, they were on the verge of closure and extinction. And to be totally honest if it were not for those STREET cars on a Wed. night filling those pockets they would hardly be "thriving" at all.

If it takes street cars to keep a facility open then so be it. You are just another super pro driver that thinks that your entrance fee is more important than the next guy.

That is the nice thing about a properly run bracket racing program, there is room for everyone at every level. Not just a dwindling field of fast cars with nobody to fill the future because the owner only gives the time of day to a select few.

Do everyone a favor and go to your tracks around the country. I cannot speak for Bob but to me I am sure your once a year entry would be a good trade off for a few street cars that do not whine and complain about everything. The stones are a problem but no more of a problem than stock car parts on the oval at Lancaster.There is always a paid paved pit space. Same as any other track.

As for winning races, I know of people that have raced a long long time and never won a race, some hardly ever getting out of a first round. That does not make their money any less green than the next guy and it certainly does not make thier opinion any less important.

If you do not like it there, stop trashing it and don't go. It is not like you went and supported Vito or Bob anyway.

Again, WELCOME BACK BOB AND DONNA!!
SilverFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #13
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Silver Fox you really cant blame Vito or Sylvia for all the failure to NYIRP.I cant be certain but the sagging economy and the weather KILLED almost all chances of making any type of real profit! I do not care who owns the track, as Ive never had any problems with the Metcalfs or the Antonicelis. But I do certainly commend Vito for trying his hardest at turning something into something bigger and better. I say this because I know of Vito and his accolades. He has a true passion for this sport, and is a succesful business man. I would feel sorry for you if you tried to make a go at your passion and had it fail. Also I did race at NYIRP this year, just as much as LMP.Good luck to whoever owns a track as you will need it with racers who are quick to bitch about whats in it for them! Silver fox for me to respect you on a racing website I would ask you to reveal yourself? Mike Hayek 1648
Old 12-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #14
SilverFox

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Re: NYIRP back under Metcalfe management

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoh815 View Post
Silver Fox you really cant blame Vito or Sylvia for all the failure to NYIRP.I cant be certain but the sagging economy and the weather KILLED almost all chances of making any type of real profit! I do not care who owns the track, as Ive never had any problems with the Metcalfs or the Antonicelis. But I do certainly commend Vito for trying his hardest at turning something into something bigger and better. I say this because I know of Vito and his accolades. He has a true passion for this sport, and is a succesful business man. I would feel sorry for you if you tried to make a go at your passion and had it fail. Also I did race at NYIRP this year, just as much as LMP.Good luck to whoever owns a track as you will need it with racers who are quick to bitch about whats in it for them! Silver fox for me to respect you on a racing website I would ask you to reveal yourself? Mike Hayek 1648
Why I am Big Daddy Don Gartlits

There now I fit in with all the ones that think they are anyway.

Can you blame Vito's failure on Bob being there helping him out? Seems that was the point.

Who cares? Either way it will be back the way it used to be which is a good thing. Attend if you want or shut up and stay home. People around here do not know how good they have it with several tracks to choose from in a short driving distance. For now anyway.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #15
SilverFox

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: NYIRP back under Metcalfe management

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynova View Post
i'm glad to see bob & donna back at nyirp as the new owners, i would rather go there than to that s@#& hole lancaster that they call a race track. Not really sure how you (sam) thinks that bob will run the track in to the ground as you say. He's done a tremendous job keeping it going through tough times. I've been a nyirp faithful for many years and will remain doing so!
x2
Old 12-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #16
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Silver Fox Seems you missed my point! X3. I dont see anything wrong with your opinons as they are like *******s everyone has one. Re read my post, did I mention anything deragatory about you? I believe my point is valid nothing personal to anyone. I would just like to see that an owner wants whats best for the racer as he would himself ! I am a paying customer who expects that. Also, Don G a r l i t s I am not! but At least I told you who "I" am. Did you think the new elect President won because the people didnt want change? Valid point?? Good luck in "09" ( If you even race)Hopefully I will see you in the other lane.No hard feelings local racer! It is what it is.

Last edited by tpoh815; 12-28-2008 at 05:37 PM.
tpoh815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #17
SilverFox

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: NYIRP back under Metcalfe management

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoh815 View Post
Silver Fox Seems you missed my point! X3. I dont see anything wrong with your opinons as they are like *******s everyone has one. Re read my post, did I mention anything deragatory about you? I believe my point is valid nothing personal to anyone. I would just like to see that an owner wants whats best for the racer as he would himself ! I am a paying customer who expects that. Also, Don G a r l i t s I am not! but At least I told you who "I" am. Did you think the new elect President won because the people didnt want change? Valid point?? Good luck in "09" ( If you even race)Hopefully I will see you in the other lane.No hard feelings local racer! It is what it is.
No I did not miss your point and there are no hard feelings towards anyone.

Your point about a paying racer is exactly the point I was trying to make. Bob and Donna treated people pretty much like family and get trashed by some, but last years owners treated most of the weekly people like garbage and get a pass. I just do not get it.

It is nothing personal against them, alot of us just left and went to Skyview instead. You go where your money is appreciated.

I will introduce myself to you when I see you at the track in the spring.I am not comfortable with posting a name on the web.

As for Obama he got elected because people are pretty stupid and misinformed combined with a bad Bush presidency and a weak Republican ticket. I really do not see the parellel, I do not know any majority that wanted to elect a new owner for NYIRP.

www.howobamagotelected.com

Enough on politics, including the tracks and their owners.

Good luck!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #18
rgarvey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohip View Post
rgarvey Anyone but him, this is like re arranging the patio seats on the Titanic! Just give me one good reason to be a customer! Go ahead youve got all winter.
ok so let me get this straight would you rather the track was closed? instead of having a choice where to go race?
rgarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #19
70nova

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: NYIRP back under Metcalfe management

There is good and bad at all tracks you just have to make the best of it.
i race for the fun of it but when you win you would like a couple of bucks .
if you race just for the cash there are some big dollar bracket races to go to.
but i understand that when your entrance fee goes up you woul like a bigger purse.
but you have to have fun or no sense of going.
just my opinion
70nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #20
JJ3159

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all I have raced points at nyirp and at lancaster and do some traveling, vitos intentions were to make nyirp a better place for all of us ,you can not make everyone happy he had alot of obsticles and we forget FOR HIM IT WAS A BUISNESS ! .now as for Bob and Donna i wish them all the best they always treated me good.As for silver fox you should try some other tracks most do run street and trophy,you be suprised how good other places are ran.