HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #31
borninamopar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
Jeff, interesting you mentioned the 68 Hemi Dart. Wasn't that car placed in Super Stock immediately? Which is the point everyone has been making from the beginning.
I'll answer for Mr. Jeff, since ya'll got him stirred up...He's probably drinking a LaBatt and laughing at all this..The 68 Hemi Dart was built specifically to compete in the SS class. Not stock, but SS. Mr Jeff probably knows the history of stock and SS racing racing better than most racers on this forum..That family has been around before dirt. They had one of the first 68 Hemi Darts, along with Mr. Sid. I believe alot of ya'll are just jealous of what that family has accomplished. I'm proud to say they are some of my racer heros. They are legends in this sport,compared to most of ya'll.
borninamopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #32
Richard Grant

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

I vote leave stock alone.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #33
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

And why not let the Hemi Darts back in stock? The specs are there. With a stock cross ram, 9 in tires, and a 500 flat tappet cam, why not? The 65 single carb is already here.
But forget that, what does the guy with a lower stock class care about the new cars. it's a bracket race. I must be getting old, or out out memory or something. Also look at Nitro's book on the cars that have run this year so far. 403. 10% were in A/SA Lots of high stock competitors, not many down low, at least that is what is showing up. Almost all the new cars are natural A cars, at least the Mopars are. The 5.7, 6.1, 6.4 are natural A as 2009 or 2010 models are there, the 512 is AA. What does it matter if you are not in these upper classes. What are you missing? What am I missing? Class ain't paying. Maybe they got tired of the singles. Maybe not. Participation down; maybe by design. Higher classes showing up judging by Nitro's numbers. Maybe there is a message there. Maybe you got to show up to race. Maybe I should take a couple of days and go fishing before the river floods the whole area. Maybe I will go tomorrow. I will give you guys a day off.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #34
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

I hate to interupt but ours is not ugly and it weighs 3600

Jeff I just could not resist

You know I want seperate classes - or we would run A/SA at 3800

Hope Kevin turns it loose this weekend in Atlanta

:-) peace
Old 05-10-2011, 03:01 AM   #35
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Here's some food for thought for those concerned about the safety of stock cars on 9inch tires.

There is currently a new outlaw power adder class that is receiving tons of popularity called Outlaw 8.5. These cars run on 26x8.5 slicks and run well over a 140mph in the 1/8th with over 1500hp. To my surprise, I've yet to here of any catastrophic wrecks or incidents due to the small tire. Most stock cars down make anywhere near 1500HP and if these style cars with power adders can get safely down the track, one could reason that stock cars could and should be able do the same in a more safe manner since stockers are allowed a better slick than a 26x8.5. Yes I know I have no stake in the argument, but tire technology is light years from where it used to be and are much more safe than people realize.

10.5inch slicks have been well over 200mph

12inch slicks have been well over 240mph

there's plenty of room left before any stock car reaches the 9inch slicks safety threshold in my opinion.
cutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #36
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutta View Post
Here's some food for thought for those concerned about the safety of stock cars on 9inch tires.

There is currently a new outlaw power adder class that is receiving tons of popularity called Outlaw 8.5. These cars run on 26x8.5 slicks and run well over a 140mph in the 1/8th with over 1500hp. To my surprise, I've yet to here of any catastrophic wrecks or incidents due to the small tire. Most stock cars down make anywhere near 1500HP and if these style cars with power adders can get safely down the track, one could reason that stock cars could and should be able do the same in a more safe manner since stockers are allowed a better slick than a 26x8.5. Yes I know I have no stake in the argument, but tire technology is light years from where it used to be and are much more safe than people realize.

there's plenty of room left before any stock car reaches the 9inch slicks safety threshold in my opinion.
so now we need to give these cars MSD 7531 boxes? Because that's what gets those cars down the track on that tires, with that much power. My best friend has a 275 drag radial mustang, so I di know what I am talking about here.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #37
Richard Grant

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

Don't give Ford and Mopar any ideas. I am not sure they aren't already equiped with something similiar. But then it's "stock". I guess all the rest of the stock racers can just go bracket race and leave "stock" to the high dollar factory cars.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #38
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutta View Post

There is a reason they run the 1/8th mile other than the amount of tracks available and the fans they generate at those smaller facilities. Gear them for the 1/4 mile and watch how easy it is to get down track.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #39
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,043 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by borninamopar View Post
I'll answer for Mr. Jeff, since ya'll got him stirred up...He's probably drinking a LaBatt and laughing at all this..The 68 Hemi Dart was built specifically to compete in the SS class. Not stock, but SS. Mr Jeff probably knows the history of stock and SS racing racing better than most racers on this forum..That family has been around before dirt. They had one of the first 68 Hemi Darts, along with Mr. Sid. I believe alot of ya'll are just jealous of what that family has accomplished. I'm proud to say they are some of my racer heros. They are legends in this sport,compared to most of ya'll.

Jeff can and will answer for himself. And it would apparently be an excellent thing for him to do, since you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I don't think anyone here is jealous of the Teuton family. I happen to like Jeff, and respect him. That does not mean I don't disagree with him on several things.

Maybe you should let the adults talk now, since you have no idea what is being discussed, and you have no dog in the fight.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #40
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

The difference now is Ford and Mopar are on board. A vocal group wants the cars out of their class, and NHRA has said the racers need to support this if they want it to happen. Judging from the posts over the last year or so, I would say that is a good position. The system is sending them toward the proposed new classes as opposed to running very heavy cars. NHRA is not going to outlaw a car because it ran out of classes (the Ford that is there already recent decision). The 4 V8 Mopars have recieved 170 Hp in the last year. I don't know on the Fords, but they got a pretty good share also. I believe it was about two weeks ago during Houston National, Indy Points, and Boise Points there were 12 or 14 DP's racing. All were C or higher, and after that weekend they will be all B or higher, except for my lone Challenger with the 5.9. Rumor has a Bowtie with 1000 hp is out there and talking to NHRA. That is my take on the new classes. And in the days of old when the Muscle Cars were new remember all the heads up classes for the Mopars, Fords, Chevys. This weekend I think there is a Mopar show in Dallas with a Gen III Hemi Shootout. NMCA has a shootout on the horizon for the Mustangs, and as more new cars are sold, there will be more such events. I personally would like to see a heads up class seperate from Stock that would run Fri/Sat during events. All new cars A/FX, Super Duper Stock, or something.