HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-03-2020, 11:36 PM   #1
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,606 Times in 1,288 Posts
Default Can NHRA survive without John Force ?

Word on the street is that John Force racing has laid off all employees and has pulled the plug on the 2020 season....If this is true it could really affect NHRA s attempt to restart the season ....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:09 AM   #2
JWhalen58

Liked 98 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Can NHRA survive without John Force ?

Short answer is no. I have said for years that when the big 3 are out of fuel racing that would be the end of the class as we know it, and for all intents and purposes NHRA. The suits in Ca cannot see past the pro show at their events, that is until they start counting the money on a Monday and realize they are way short, and it will be because of no sportsman entry's. I don't watch any televised shows, dumped my sat tv several years ago. But if I do see something on or pick up a Natl Dragster there seems to always be an article on some member of the Force camp and rightly so they are the most well known. When Bill Bader backed out early on this year I made a comment that something is going on because the Bader's are the best promoters and are wired in. Only the opinion of a lowly sportsman racer.
JWhalen58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:57 AM   #3
DRAKE VISCOME

Liked 90 Times in 34 Posts

: I did have some direct telephone conversation with a old pal @ John Force's shop yesterday...he clearly stated that NO formal announcement had been made or as far as he "knew" was pending...about pulling the plug (of course it is 2020...for sure ANYTHING seems possible !)...yikes...maybe before we all get too far along with SPECULATION...rest ez my brothers/sisters !!! lol...it'll ALL work out...just the way it's supposed to...ALWAYS does...imagine that
DRAKE VISCOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

None of the Force cars show they are entered for the next two pro races at Indy, as well as Steve Torrence cars, and Salinas entries. I think NHRA will survive, I don't know if Force will, a lot of overhead cost
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #5
Marc White

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

From what I’ve heard Salinas plans on running two races this year. Pretty strong rumor that the Capco boys will sit it out as well. Not looking good at all.
Marc White is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #6
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

The Capco bunch is tied to the oil business and we know how that’s going. All the PRO sponsors must be under a lot of pressure to trim budgets wherever possible and obviously they’re not getting much exposure right now, or guarantees they will for the rest of the year. However tough Bill Bader’s decision was it may prove a harbinger for other businesses associated with the sport.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:57 PM   #7
kansas stocker

Liked 231 Times in 44 Posts

Looks like NHRA is doing their best to fill the fields for Fox. Couple of old drivers coming back for a 2 race series and several others that I've never heard of, but that doesn't mean much since I don't follow TF. I notice that a couple of chassis, or is that chassii, are 21 years old. Back to the original question, I think the answer is no in its present form. Take Don S out as well and TF and FC are dead. Way too much money invested for the return. If they are going to keep the pro part alive lots of changes will have to be made. Stock and SS will remain alive if they want it to. Couple of tech men and it can be run at tracks all across the country.
Just my $.02/
Pete
kansas stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #8
House of Darts

Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts

This might be what's necessary to reset all of drag racing.
House of Darts is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #9
PozQB14

Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

All rumors so far but if Force and the Torrence family did sit out, it opens the door for new sponsorship opportunities to come about. How many companies chose not to sponsor a team knowing the Force and Torrence families gets the majority of the air time and it would be a struggle to get any TV time from Fox.
PozQB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #10
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts

NHRA has made the biggest mistake any business can make
Depending on a few BIG customers and neglect all the small ones
Folks we have seen the train wreck before .........IHRA
How did that work out..... asking for a friend