HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
FlyingMonkey2565

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool What about Super Street at SGMP?

Does the SSSSA race at South Georgia June 27 & 28 include a race for Super Street?
We'll be passing SGMP on the way up to the Northeast and would love to stop by for this race.

(no, my wife's SS/DS car is not finished, so don't bring that up or she'll start screaming again)

Ed Wiley
Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Sean Haning

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sean Haning
Default Re: What about Super Street at SGMP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey2565 View Post
Does the SSSSA race at South Georgia June 27 & 28 include a race for Super Street?
We'll be passing SGMP on the way up to the Northeast and would love to stop by for this race.

(no, my wife's SS/DS car is not finished, so don't bring that up or she'll start screaming again)

Ed Wiley
I know we'd love to have you guys, but at Lakeland there were a lot of wants, but very few wents. Talk to Joe Pinkston and see what he has planned if anything.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
FlyingMonkey2565

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: What about Super Street at SGMP?

Yep I know. I was one of those Wants, that couldn't attend due to the sudden appearance of a river where my driveway used to be.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
Sean Haning

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sean Haning

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey2565 View Post
Yep I know. I was one of those Wants, that couldn't attend due to the sudden appearance of a river where my driveway used to be.
Ah that sucks. Check the schedule at SGMP, I believe they are having other racing there that weekend.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Rick Blake

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here are the class's of the SGMP schedule:

"Classes; Super Pro, Pro, Street, Pro Cycle, and Jr Dragsters (Int.,Adv. & Novice), Stock,Super Stock & Super Gas!"

I didn't realize the SE SuperGas ASC. had a race scheduled....hmmmm...guess I'll be there...!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ed;

As I'm sure you already realize our "friend" Dan Moore is wanting to step up and take charge of the Southern Super Series Racing Association (SSSRA). As we progress forward, Karen will continue her duties as Secretary/Treasurer. As I indicated in the e-mail we sent out, I can not effectively make a good President or V.P. of the orginization at this time, nor do I have the desire to be in either position, but Dan is willing to do the work needed to get this effort going. I am glad he has stepped up and will give him 100% of my support in any way he needs it.

I talked with Dan on the phone a few hours ago and he indicated that a race at SGMP will probably not happen for us S/ST racers at this time. He is aiming for our next race weekend to be at Silver Dollar in July. I'm sure between him and Karen, they will keep us updated as the dates get closer.

I hope you and Shelly have a safe trip north and enjoy great success like last year. If you happen to run into Bob Newberry up there, tell him I'm soaking up his share of the sunshine down here.

Hey Dan Moore, you're #1.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
dhmoore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hello gentlemen, Wiley you too, yes i have commandeered the association its mine all mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no not really it is everyones i'm just the first nut in line i guess
OK the race at SGMP, we will not race there (BUT GO SUPPORT THE TRACK) they have a full race weekend, and im just getting things in order for us. i have talked to some of you and feel i have your support, and i thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First we will have a guaranteed purse, of $500.00 to win, 250.00 runner up, & semi's $75.00.but we need 20 cars for that to work . Second I have acquired $$$ for a points fund at the end of the year. it will start at silver doller, we will have 5 races of witch 4 will count. i have talked with Jim Wood of the ssssra and hes helping us out so much i might get a stockthing?? we will race with them so it will be fun... for more info you can call or email me any time....or contact Jim at there email add...SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT is all we ask for. Our first race will be at Silver Dollar. I've talked with Ed and we have come up with something you might like, an increase in the purse, for that Super Street race. For more details please contact me at DJMooreSg2004@aol or 321 302-4689. Please pass the word on to other racers, please
be interested and send your contact information to me so we can put it into our data base.

YOU ARE ALL UNHAPPY WITH (you know who) SO LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED

DAN MOORE first in line..
dhmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: What about Super Street at SGMP?

I just got off of the phone with Dan and I think you guys are off to a great start. As we have said before, we at the SSSSA are here for you.If we can do anything to help you, you have just to ask. We welcome you Super Streeters at our races with open arms! Dan is correct when he says that your SUPPORT is the key to making it work! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote