Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-19-2021, 08:40 PM   #31
Stan Hawes

Liked 73 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
Meaning IF NHRA were to modernize their format. If NHRA were serious about moving in an EV direction to capture more/different fanbase, would any of the current sportsman classes fit in at all?

NHRA Does not care about sportsman racing. They kiss the rich rears with the factory race cars. i raced stock because it was an inovators class. Remember sedan delivery,s with car motors, 270 hp 283's with truck transmissions, 4 speed hydro's. Any one can now race stock for $125,000. with no knowledge. A budget racer can in stock and do well, Just look at Dell & Derick Elam,s Pinto Wagon W/SA. Ilike to see them race & win against the factory stock 150 mph cars. Remember the nitro fans want to see blow ups, crashes,& bimbos. When the sportsman race they hit the nitro Mall, beer stands & whach them rebuild the engines after each pass. Only the smart ones know the sportsman pits is the best car show .

Stan Hawes retired
Stan Hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 01:06 PM   #32
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 395 Times in 182 Posts

That Pro Stock burndown in Topeka was a a big talk and brought drama more of that is needed it was the talk of lot of podcasts
Old 12-28-2021, 09:49 PM   #33
1matcoman

Liked 281 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover44 View Post
That Pro Stock burndown in Topeka was a a big talk and brought drama more of that is needed it was the talk of lot of podcasts
However, two "well known / well traveled / experienced" Stock or Super Stock guys try that and they would BOTH most likely be disqualified!!!
1matcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:01 AM   #34
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover44 View Post
Burndowns are a childish game and should not be allowed. I typically wait for the competitor in the other lane to start their burn out before I do. I do my burn out quick and go straight to the line. Again I usually wait for the other driver to light the pre stage light. Then I pre stage and stage. I hate when I get up against someone that cant figure out how to burn out and stage in a reasonable amount of time
Old 12-29-2021, 12:14 PM   #35
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1matcoman View Post
However, two "well known / well traveled / experienced" Stock or Super Stock guys try that and they would BOTH most likely be disqualified!!!
Buster would back the two perps off the line and let them sit in the sun until the end of the eliminator round .
I guess the current starter doesn't do that?
Old 12-29-2021, 02:33 PM   #36
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Buster would back the two perps off the line and let them sit in the sun until the end of the eliminator round .
I guess the current starter doesn't do that?
Mark, in todays kinder, gentler society, such an action would likely hurt the parties involved delicate feelings.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:47 PM   #37
Carl Juliano

Liked 62 Times in 22 Posts

Im not a fan of the original Street Outlaws, and the JJ Armdrop crap, it seems very "staged and scripted" I like the NPK series because it is in a controlled environment, at the track, staging with the Tree and the instant green start. I fast forward to the runs themselves, Im not a fan of all the BS and drama in between. My biggest peev is that they bitch and moan when someone "guesses" at the green. I'd be guessing at the tree too, if I knew I wasnt as fast as my opponent, they are such babies with that crap.
As much as I enjoy it, it has basically become a no prep Pro Mod race, with full pit crews and outrageous budgets. Something most of us can't relate to.......lol
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked