Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-26-2021, 03:00 AM   #81
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 261 Posts
Default Re: New AHFS

Thanks,
And I should have been more specific about my intent to jack with Billy.
From now on I will read all the content of a thread before I chime in and will limit my humor. Good luck and I hope you keep enjoying racing.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:41 AM   #82
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,456 Times in 1,957 Posts

"or how he chooses to race"

How will the racers that never make a full run be judged and adjusted? Some of those racers have bullet fast cars and some have slower cars. Jody, last year's champ, does he ever make a full run? I believe he spot drops. So is he "sand bagging" and need his combination adjusted or is it just the way he races?
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:28 PM   #83
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
My suggestion to all is to reach out to the NHRA with your thoughts. There are other changes being discussed.

As a side note, the change in the mineshaft rule was proposed by our representatives....
So is this true our reps asked for this mineshaft change? Why wasn't the (customer"s) racers vote on this matter not considered at all. What other changes are being thought about?
Old 12-26-2021, 03:33 PM   #84
SS/GSI

Liked 517 Times in 84 Posts

I would hope that our Reps didn't suggest this. But as we know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Are there more complaints about combo's that are underrated? Not sure if a poll would help. Not long ago there was a poll about not having the AHFS in place for Indy. The poll was overwhelmingly to have Indy without the AHFS in place. Both with current racers and members. Did our Reps look at it? My friend that races Stock suggested to Dave Mohn at the Cecil County Divisional that we at least have Indy every other year without the AHFS. Dave did say if he received enough email about it, he would consider supporting it. My same friend had recently called California about another issue but suggested the same thing about Indy. He said the person was in favor of no AHFS at Indy and that he was into the performance end of Stock. Not sure if it was Lonnie he was talking to.[/QUOTE]

This entire rule/rule change is a personal agenda from those within a small group of competitors, NHRA's SRAC Committee(not ours) and a selected few at NHRA itself. As you said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease! We did have a poll earlier this year in regards to AHFS at Indy and nobody listened to us...especially "our" SRAC Reps. When do SRAC Reps come up for re-election...or is this a lifetime position? I have been having issues getting an answer on this from NHRA, LMAO...I guess they like what they are hearing from them. Do you think its a coincidence that these rule changes keep targeting a select few and leaving out the masses? The AHFS just put out 23 HP changes between stock and SS at the end of this year...ya I guess its really broken!

IF NHRA and the SRAC/Special Interest Group of Competitors wants to just give certain combos HP, then just MAN THE F@#K UP and do it! You got your brothers in the tech department to add in "at NHRA's discretion"!!! So just post 20, 30 or 40 more HP on which ever combo you don't like! You wonder why our world is going to ****....its because we cater to the minority groups....you want equality in racing, there are 3 super classes to participate in.

Obviously at -.95under mineshaft is gone in STK. How the f@#k do you expect half the field to squeeze into 5 hun before "running it out" Q2! Like I said before, if you want more HP given out, raise the amount of review periods and bring back more class runoffs! Its mind boggling how "some people" think that competitors will just destroy their combinations just for the hell of it. HOW DID INDY WORK OUT FOR YA'S THIS YEAR!

I hope that Mr. Grim will do the right thing; however the proof is in your actions, not interviews in the ND or PRI. And if Lonnie says he will listen to the competitors concerns...we should be extremely worried about who has his ear....cuz so far the wrong people have had NHRA's attention.

As for the use of 660' and 1000' increments in the AHFS system, I call out whomever at NHRA to please inform the competitors, WHO will be calculating the back half splits?!?! No offense, but the people at NHRA with knowledge do not get listened to and those who know nothing and are overcompensated, get center stage for decision making; therefore I am extremely concerned as to "WHO" this special person is!...IMHO

Rant over....please whine away!
Old 12-26-2021, 03:38 PM   #85
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts
Default Barry Parker pm

Barry Parker pm sent
Old 12-26-2021, 04:04 PM   #86
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
You wonder why our world is going to ****....its because we cater to the minority groups

I hope that Mr. Grim will do the right thing;

I am extremely concerned as to "WHO" this special person is!...IMHO

Rant over....please whine away!
Ya know, I'd like to know just who the "minority group" is. I would assume that it's the 3-4 tenth under guys but they rarely ever complain. The vast majority of SS/S Racers might be able to run 7-8-9 under but not a second or more. That kinda leaves the 1+ under guys as the minority, am I right?

I hope that everyone is right about Mr. Grimm. I've never met the man or spoken to him. BUT, over the years, there have been other "well intentioned" people who have come and gone because they were either never listened to or constantly over ridden.

If you find out who this "special person" is, would you let me know?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote