HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 10-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #11
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lvd td issues

Never ran the series this year due to a late start and honestly not 100% agreement with the rules either. Mainly the dial in rule which is a joke - don't worry what I or anyone else runs - as long as my dial is faster than the slowest car qualified everyone should keep their mouths shut or make their cars go faster. And from what I remember I was all for the series and as frank said it changed weekly - last year we were going to have a quick 8 for this year. I can care less about the number of cars just make it fast. If not then I will buy a stock 502 crate motor and put that in my car - then begin to complain that I want the rules changed so I now can compete going 8.70.
As said in many other forums and posts - this is supposed to be TOP DRAGSTER not super pro.

As far as Howard paying out money who gives a rats ***. Did ANYONE expect the series to be profitable from the start ?? Is anything in life a instant profit or is there always a peried of break even and even loss ? And if the flood that happened is of any reference it should not be - reason why we have insurance.
There is a reason why tracks down south have 5-10,000 people in the stands at every race - because they have the fast cars. Keep the fast cars away and you will never get the people. Pay the money - and not 1,500 to win a super pro race and the crowd will come to see the cars.

The quick 32 will be a super pro race next year with the only saving grace being the pro comp series coming. That is unless the quick 32 has a very nice payout and we get the top sportsman cars to come and maybe it will be a quick 32.

As far as hemi - why create a new sign on and say your opinion hiding behind your screen name ??

Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #12
td1332

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After talkin to Wayne last night the did the real stand up thing to do. We all do need to remember there is going to be problems and Wayne and Scott cant get flusterated and they do these races cause they love the sport and the class TD. And as far as the Q32 being a super pro race I believe you are wrong we were getting anywhere between 12-14 dragsters only all quicker than 7.49 so now you are going to open it up to door cars and raise the min et I dont think you will see anything slower than 8.25 on any given weekend which is better than taking a 7.2 car and chasing down a 12.5 car
td1332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #13
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some Facts and Some Observations that have failed to be mentioned

Approximately one year ago wayne came up with the idea to put together a top dragster series at Lebanon Valley He put together a Pilot race thanks to the help of Andy from Best Sanitation and Rick from A-1 Autobody. It was a hit. Prior to that the only time your read about LVD on the internet was someone bashing the place. he took the steps to do something positive for the track.

Over the winter through the hard work of Wayne and Scott
Best Sanitation
A-1 Autobody
Innovative Performance
Ken Moses Racing Transmissions
H&H Masonary
and Kinsella Carpentry
all stepped up and put there money up to make this deal work. They did not have to do that but they did it for us to have a place to race. No One has put a single thank you to any of them up here!

The track has stepped up and given us conditions capable of getting six second cars down the track routinely that is a big accomplishment.

At the beginning of the season the fields were a little short. Howard Commander reached into his own pocket to fill the payouts. He did not have to do this. I can tell you that any other track with the exception maybe of Atco would have prorated the payout. Howard refused. You can say you dont care what he payed out but I do because bottom line it went to us (the racers)

When the flood came track employees were up to there waste in sewage water moving trailers so that racer's equipment wouldnt get damaged. The same racers that use the place as a free storage facility for their equipment later tried to blame the track for damages. That has nothing to do with insurance that is commitment to helping racers out.
Then Ken Moses stepped up and went above and beyond by offering to fix racers transmissions for free. He didnt have to do that but he did it for the racers. Thats what this sport is about

Was this a perfect series? By no means. Then again what is perfect. Everyone compares this to epping. which has become in two years a really great series. They also had their share of issues getting off the ground. The difference is the racers in that series had the tact and class to handle things on a face to face basis not posting to the rest of the world.

Vince I agree 100% that the quick 32 next year is going to be a better deal. I think it will bring in more cars and I dont care what the bump is. But I agree it should be relatively quick
As to what the spectators think I really dont care. I dont race to put on a show. I am a bracket racer and I race because thats what I enjoy. It so happens that right now I have a fast enough bracket car to race top dragster so I will do that. If I wanted to put on a show for spectators I would have built a wheel stander. I want to race and go as fast as I can do so consitantly

If some have you have forgotten what this sport is about then you dont have to show up but dont ruin it for those of us who want to be there

Last thing I post cautiously is that Howard does not need this series or the drag strip to survive. Its the truth and we all know it He keeps this stuff going for us. Be careful what you post and maybe once in a while take the time to thank him for keeping drag racing going up there.

Sorry for the long post but as long as we're posting facts lets get it all out there.

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #14
jayork1331

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Lvd td issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by masracing View Post

Approximately one year ago wayne came up with the idea to put together a top dragster series at Lebanon Valley He put together a Pilot race thanks to the help of Andy from Best Sanitation and Rick from A-1 Autobody. It was a hit. Prior to that the only time your read about LVD on the internet was someone bashing the place. he took the steps to do something positive for the track.

Best Sanitation
A-1 Autobody
Innovative Performance
H&H Masonary
and Kinsella Carpentry
all stepped up and put there money up to make this deal work. They did not have to do that but they did it for us to have a place to race. No One has put a single thank you to any of them up here!

The track has stepped up and given us conditions capable of getting six second cars down the track routinely that is a big accomplishment.

At the beginning of the season the fields were a little short. Howard Commander reached into his own pocket to fill the payouts. He did not have to do this. I can tell you that any other track with the exception maybe of Atco would have prorated the payout. Howard refused. You can say you dont care what he payed out but I do because bottom line it went to us (the racers)

When the flood came track employees were up to there waste in sewage water moving trailers so that racer's equipment wouldnt get damaged. The same racers that use the place as a free storage facility for their equipment later tried to blame the track for damages. That has nothing to do with insurance that is commitment to helping racers out.
Then Ken Moses stepped up and went above and beyond by offering to fix racers transmissions for free. He didnt have to do that but he did it for the racers. Thats what this sport is about

Was this a perfect series? By no means. Then again what is perfect. Everyone compares this to epping. which has become in two years a really great series. They also had their share of issues getting off the ground. The difference is the racers in that series had the tact and class to handle things on a face to face basis not posting to the rest of the world.

Vince I agree 100% that the quick 32 next year is going to be a better deal. I think it will bring in more cars and I dont care what the bump is. But I agree it should be relatively quick
As to what the spectators think I really dont care. I dont race to put on a show. I am a bracket racer and I race because thats what I enjoy. It so happens that right now I have a fast enough bracket car to race top dragster so I will do that. If I wanted to put on a show for spectators I would have built a wheel stander. I want to race and go as fast as I can do so consitantly

If some have you have forgotten what this sport is about then you dont have to show up but dont ruin it for those of us who want to be there

Last thing I post cautiously is that Howard does not need this series or the drag strip to survive. Its the truth and we all know it He keeps this stuff going for us. Be careful what you post and maybe once in a while take the time to thank him for keeping drag racing going up there.

Sorry for the long post but as long as we're posting facts lets get it all out there.

B.J. Masiello

I dont have a dog in this fight but I am a spectator and I just wanna say I hope all of you continue to race at the valley because I enjoy watching you all run....Vince Musolino, Wayne Hoffman, Ken Moses, Frank and Laura Zefirro, Scott Hall, B.J. Masiello,Bill Krug, Brian Hansbury everyone that competed in the series and those that are considering....I am just a fan but I appreciate all that you guys do and hope the the quick 32 deal for next year is a big success. Also thanks to Howard for providing a place for spectators and racers to come to and the whole staff at LVD..

Thanks

Jeoffrey York
jayork1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:49 AM   #15
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masracing View Post

Best Sanitation
A-1 Autobody
Innovative Performance
H&H Masonary
and Kinsella Carpentry

B.J. Masiello

Why is it a big accomplishment for a 6 second car to get down a racetrack - not one track should be looked at as stepping up for that. Not only should a six second car be able to go down any track - a 5 second car should be able to go down if conditions are correct. To me this is a situation where the track is at a no win - if the track is great, well it should be - if it's crap then it sucks and most wont go there anymore.
Of course Howard should have reached in his pocket - he tried to make the series a success and I will give him credit for at least trying. But does he deserve any extra credit - absolutely not !! It is a business for him and really cost him a few bucks for the attempt.
As far as the flood it is the track employees who should have been there - they work there. As far as any equipment damage to persons property - that is 100% NOT howards problem. The insurance mention was because money was mentioned of what Howard went through and how much he did this year (unless I read it wrong). Again it is his business and improvements to the track are normal and expected.
Kenny did a great thing by offering his services - and if I recall I was the one who mentioned someone should have stepped up and had a fundraiser to help the people who got hurt in the flood - so I agree helping other races is a great part of this sport.
Nobody has forgotten what this sport is about - everyones criticism and compliments are designed to try and make improvements for all racers. To say the spectators is a non issue and we dont race to put on a show then that is thinking like a bracket racer who has no problem with the 10 bucks a car payout for the winner. Again refering to the guys down south - why is it they get in for FREE and race for 5,000. For some reason I doubt it is the good heart of the track owner reaching into his own pocket. The spectators pay the purse and the entry fees. So once again if you are trying to get a fast series (with fast cars) you need spectators.
As far as showing up I already had a few private messages about fast cars not running it no matter what happens. I was not able to support the series due to a very late start this year and if Wayne is involved next year I will support any series he runs. But I will state my opinions in what I think should be, and like the few people who have issues and will not run again, if I disagree with things I also will not run.
And to have the attitude that Howard does not need any of you is exactly the payout are what the are for normal racing up there. From what I am told the payout is 10 bucks a car to the winner - I DO NOT KNOW THIS 100% SO ANYONE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG !!! So let's look at this - if the car count in super is 85 cars the payout for a WIN is 850 - sorry but that's a bit low if you ask me. Last time I checked that is 7 rounds - nobody has an issue with that ?? How about a 7th round loss for $400 ? Sixth round semi for 275 or so? Again a correction is welcomed if this is not true !!!

Like yourself sorry for the long post - just adding to the facts. Nobody is right or wrong in their opinions - they are exactly what they are and are designed to add insight.

Last edited by Michael Galofaro; 10-14-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #16
RayStantonJr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi frank, i agree with you about laura losing her engine and not being able to compete because of the 7.49 rule. I think she would have given the "boys" a good run. I was there the last weekend of top dragster, track was "marginal" at best i would not let heather run her t/d.ended up "after " 2 time trials someone came to their senses and they went into 1st round running 1/8th mile. My radio or the lvd speakers must have missed my ears because i did not hear 8.25 would have qualified for top dragster i would have entered heathers little dragster hell it went 7.95 lol. I feel for you and laura. Looks like racing is done at lvd for the year ,its snowing here in poughkeepsie thrus. 10/15. Hope to see you next year. Ray stanton
RayStantonJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #17
et791

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOOKS LIKE THE PERSON THAT CREATED THE CLASS RUINED IT BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED NOW THERE A QUICK 32 CLASS NOW THE 690,S CARS WILL RACE 8,30 CARS LOL SHOULD HAVE DONE IT BY NHRA RULES THANKS WH
et791 is offline   Reply With Quote