HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 11-07-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
shawnp

Default Thinking of going T/D for next year...

We are leaning toward some top dragster racing for next year. We have bracket raced for years but never ran any type of divisional racing. I know that we will need a diaper and will have to not use the SLE. Will we have to remove the inline air stop we use for the enhancer function? Any other advice to give me now to prepare this winter? Thanks.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
Carl Juliano

Liked 59 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Thinking of going T/D for next year...

The rules state that a stop may be present on the motor, but must be disconnected fom all controls. Just go on your Div website and look under tech info, you will find TS and TD rules. If I remember right the max dial in for TD is 7.70 (1/4mi)
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
shawnp

Carl,

Thank you for the information. I don't plan to run any national events as of now. The diaper is on order and the ET is not an issue. I guess I don't understand the point of not allowing a SLE in top dragster??
Old 12-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
Alan Kenny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It seems that no one knows why the ban on SLE's. We should all email the division tech directors and ask them to change the rule to allow SLE or explain why we can't use them.
I would like to run some TD races this year, but I would want to use an SLE so I don't end on the converter for too long - I just don't want to abuse my equipment.

Al Kenny
Alan Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #5
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Thinking of going T/D for next year...

Im with al im gonna cal bill holt and let him know that the sle is not a cheating device but a parts saver, and would make trans clean ups less of an issue..
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They are probably considering it an advantage because you can control the opening rate of the throttle after you leave the line. You could set your starting line rpm with it "relaxed" and set the rate it applies the power going downtrack with the air bleed. It would definatley help a fast car get more consistant 60' on poor track. Its not what its intended for, but you know people would do it to gain an "edge"
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #7
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Bill hit it dead on. As you all know you can "adjust" how fast or slow your throttle opens, hence not having to worry about traction. I know at the NHRA D1 races they verify the wires are disconnected at the solenoid when you are at the starting line. Or you can do as I did and remove it all together. No hassles then.
I used the SLE for years but it really is not a problem with out it.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:47 AM   #8
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Hey Dick or is it Peter, same thing I guess --
If your too stupid to be able to deck it when your side of the tree starts to come down you shouldn't be racing.

What did you do before they had SLE's, have your girl friend tell you when to go.
Hike up your skirt and learn how to drive. p u s s y

Last edited by pentastarrail; 01-05-2008 at 11:51 AM.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
Mark Schmidt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I too am thinking of running some TD next year and don't mind the $$$ firesuit, it's coming sooner or later anyway, and the diapers are a good thing...beats mufflers. My question is, how fast do you think I need to run to get in a Div 3 field?