HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 08-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #31
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury
Default Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

hey guys ray is correct be there and support the track i am gonna try and make it if i can get out of work early enough wendys car is gutted right now no engine trans or rear end there is alot of hours in it so far i am planning on having it there for sunday the water was up to the bottome of the dash for quite a bit but after some sorrow and tears we are pluggin along to be back with our track family .....thanks sooo much to the krug famliy and krug farms and also dale scaccia and phil molski plus my daughter who was there scrubbing and cleaning along with all of us .....i am hoping there us enough hours to get her done for sunday ,,, 1/8 mile would be the best bet i think also
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #32
lvd2340

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to lvd2340 Send a message via Yahoo to lvd2340

here's some more pics of the the flood that either i or others have taken

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/a...0Flood%20Day2/
http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/DRACER1988/
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...ood%20Day%202/
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...d%20Aftermath/

i'll be up the tonight to see how it looks, i hope it's not gonna be a dustbowl with all the mud and dirt that was left behind from the flood. the track looked actually looked really good when i was there saturday except for some damage at the edge of the track where the barriers fell over. however the they were placing dirt track tires cut in half under the excavator probably i would think to protect the track from the tracks digging into the track BUT the tires dug imprints into to track, so i can only imagine how that will feel to a something with no suspension or worse yet a motorcycle. i can only hope he does something to fix that.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #33
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Billy, let us know how it looks tonight, I was planning on coming up tomorrow night to see how work was progressing (especially at the entrance of the staging lanes where its all tore up)...I want to come for the night of fire, but if the pits are still muddy or that isnt fixed I might re-consider....

I expect the track to be reasonable and the return road not bad based on what I saw Monday...

I'm certainly not top dragster speed, but 8.70@151 is fast enough in a short wheel base car that I dont want any surprises...

Maybe Howard will consider 1/8 mile ????
Old 08-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #34
SEBELL1862

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SEBELL1862

The track was open for street night last night. The cars were making it down the track fine- of course they were street cars with street tires so take it for what it is worth.
I can honestly say that it was dusty. As the night went on- it appeared to get better but we know we have a lot more clean up to do. The pit area is coming along and drying out. The area by the fuel depot that was damaged is being filled in and worked on. Jersey barriers are back in place down track and everything on the track is dry.
This will all be a work in progress and all we can ask is that people understand that and support us. Reminder it has been less than a week since everything was under several feet of water.
I understand about the safety concerns of all the racers. I too have my concerns about the safety of everyone because you are all like my family. I don't do my job at the track because I get paid a lot of money because I don't, trust me. I do it because I love the sport and love the people and if I can offer something to keep drag racing in the area I want to do it. My daughter also races as well as my husband when he gets the itch. Both with dragsters.
Having said that- here is my opinion and the favor I ask of all of you-
Do not be too harsh and judgemental about the conditions right now. The track needs to be reconditioned so to speak- it's green just like it is in the beginning of the season. The starting line last night was at best marginal. It needs to be scraped and redone just like at the beginning of the season until it gets some rubber on it. Down track doesn't appear to be too bad- the repairs have been made and everything is in one piece.
Friday night is a show. In my opinion it should be a celebration- not of how fast we can race but the fact we CAN race. The fact that we were able to get even street cars down the track last night with time slips is amazing.
We have survived and we will continue to get things under control and continue to get better. The crowd that will attend will more curiosity seekers because of all the flood coverage. The most we can do for our sport is to show these people what we are about- a family.
I personally would like to thank everyone for their support and kind words. My fingers are crossed and my prayers are with those who had equipment damaged, that the road to recovery will be quick. It's been a tough road.

Sue Bell
SEBELL1862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #35
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sue thanks for the update..

Its great to hear that the track in up and running, say what you want but Howard did/is doing the right thing..

And you are right...we will do all we can to support LVD, as its our home away from home....

Last edited by Dave Steltz; 08-06-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Dave Steltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #36
RayStantonJr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

THE FRI. SHOW WAS INCREDIBLE,STANDS PACKED STANDING ROOM ONLY.THE TRACK WAS LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED. HEATHER RAN 7.30@184MPH 1.082 60 FT. THATS WHAT WE RAN THE SAT. BEFORE THE FLOOD. THANKS NICK GRAHAM FOR COMPLETLY REWIRING/OVER HAULING THE DRAGSTER. JET CARS/TRUCKS OVER 220 MPH .NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THAT GOOD. HOWARD,ED AND THE LVD CREW DID A FANTASTIC JOB , GREAT SHOW ,GREAT RACING. GUESS THIS CAN BE PUT TO REST NOW.LVD CLOSE TO NORMAL.
RayStantonJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #37
Gary Parker

Liked 373 Times in 50 Posts

I was also there. Amazing. Hats off to all that did the impossible.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #38
lvd2340

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to lvd2340 Send a message via Yahoo to lvd2340

Traction was excellent on friday night for the Nite of Fire, my 60ft times varied only .006 all night. BUT for sundays points day was as bad as i've seen it all season, prob as bad as i've seen it in a long time. First time shot track was great but quickly went away after that. I lost .01 in 60ft my second run and and addition .025 by the third and it stayed that way my next two runs. Another racer who says that his car never ever spins had his car spin that day too. I don't know if more dust was being dragged up that day than before or if the excessive dust from the speedway the night before caused problems i don't know. The track was not balding up at all that day so i'm not sure what the problem was, the track was having problems balding the previous two weeks before the flood. Hopefully everything will be fine this coming weekend.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #39
RayStantonJr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

HEY BILLY,YOUR RIGHT THE TRACTION WENT AWAY 2ND ROUND OF ELIMINATIONS.HEATHER'S DRAGSTER WENT OUT 6 FT AND BLEW THE TIRES OFF.I THOUGHT SOMEONE DROPPED SOMETHING OUT IN FRONT OF US.I,M GLAD TO SEE IT WAS NOT JUST US AND IT WAS MORE THE TRACK,I,M ALITTLE DISAPOINTED IT WAS NOT BETTER.
RayStantonJr is offline   Reply With Quote