HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Qualifying Points in TS and TD

Bill,

I agree with you 100% about having just a good a shot as anyone as it is still a bracket race. Considering we only had 25 cars last year I believe we will not have many more than that this year. I will be joining you in hoping we dont because I am bringing the other car and like yourself will be in the 7.5-7.60 range.
Either way I hope you or anyone else does not take my thoughts and opinion the wrong way - because that is just what it is. Do I think that our class should have bump spots in the 6.70 range like Rockingham and the recent sportnationals ? Yeah I would love it !! But being a realist I know that is not happening.
I do like that div 1 stayed the same and at least awards points for qualifying. Or should I now be against it because I will in the very bottom of the field - lol.
Either way it is what it is and we all have to deal with it. But if going 6.30, 6.40 or 6.50 to qualify gets you nothing then I will park the car and just race IHRA and some other home series and occasionally just go out and have fun.
Either way racing is here and I hope everyone has a good safe year. Cya at Atco.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree that points should absolutely be awarded to top qualifiers. The purpose of the class is fast bracket racing so it makes sense to award people for going fast. I also agree that the 48 car field is a little accessive I think a 32 car field would make more sense. Thats a matter of opinion though

As I have said before I do feel along with rewarding top qualifiers I feel they should need to dial within a percentage of their qualifying time. I never agreed when NASCAR racers were allowed to having a qualifying engine and a seperate race engine. This is similar in some ways. I believe you should qualify with your race set up. If the fastest you can bracket race comfortably is a 6.x then a 6.x is what you should qualify with also. Its not "punishing" fast cars its just keeping them honest. I Feel that this class is about how fast can you go with a "bracket combination". I have seen enough consistant mid six second cars to know it can be done.

I plan to mainly run the Epping and the LVD top dragster series anyway and both of these have rules in place to prevent racers dialing much slower than their qualified time. I will say I dont plan to hit any #1 quailifying spots this year but what I run in qualifying will be close to what I dial regardless of the rules because that what I think class is meant to be about. Thats just me though.

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #13
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

BJ,
How's the additon of the sauce coming?

Frank
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #14
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarrail View Post
BJ,
How's the additon of the sauce coming?

Frank
Slowly

I have most of what I need now its just doing the work. machined the manifold for the nozzles and I have on side plumbed I just need to do the ohter side. I also picked up my wing from Dan Page so I have been working on mounting that and need to build a nitrous bottle rack as well. I am going to try to be ready for the first Epping racing. If not I should definitly make the first LVD race and I might just have to wing it. First weekends might be more of a test session.

How about you guys are you heading to atco?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #15
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Planning on it if the weather holds out.
Is your dad and Billy going?
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #16
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarrail View Post
Planning on it if the weather holds out.
Is your dad and Billy going?
Yeah Billy is going and my father is going with him. I might take a ride down for the day saturday if the weather is good. Need a little inspiration to get going on mine.

B.J. Masiello
Old 04-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #17
Chris Gulitti T/S

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As long as the division directors in D-1 and D-4 keep doing as they choose with Q-points, and all 7 divisions DO NOT HAVE THE SAME RULES IN T/S & T/D...it will only delay the opportunity for these classes to go to the National Event level!

The Big house on the West Coast needs to take the authority and tell ALL the DD's how its gonna friggin be...what ever the BOSS SAYS...GOES!

ALL 7 DIVISIONS UNDER THE SAME RULES...WHATEVER THE HELL RULES THEY COME UP WITH...THATS THE FRIGGIN RULES.

If you like Q-points, and they don't give them to you...TOO BAD. If you don't like the Q-points and they give them to you...TOO BAD.

JUST MAKE A DAMN DECISION FOR ALL 7 DIVISIONS AND STICK TO THEM...NO WAFFLE AGAIN...PASS THE FRIGGIN SYRUP PLEASE.

Then we can all STFU and RACE!

CG thinkin...my team is not loud...we are Italian.
Chris Gulitti T/S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #18
Howard B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I won't have the option of getting qualifing points trying to run Top Sportsman with a Small Block Vanishing Point Race Cars Cobalt. I'll be happy to get in without any power adders. Running T/S was an afterthought to building the car but I hope to be out in a month or less. I hope to see everyone soon. Howard
Howard B is offline   Reply With Quote