HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-17-2016, 02:52 PM   #4071
hemiman4262003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

was this one a real hemi dart

Last edited by hemiman4262003; 10-23-2017 at 07:44 AM.
hemiman4262003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #4072
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiman4262003 View Post
was this one a real hemi dart
No it is not

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #4073
rhinodaert

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Hi guys, been a while since I have been on here again thanks to another job change, hopefully this one will last. I will add a Hemi Dart pic...
Attached Images

rhinodaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:16 PM   #4074
davescuda

Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
There is not alot of info or pictures on this car that I am aware of. first time I've seen this picture. stick car

liteweight

I talked to Bryan Higgins (One of the owners of S&K Speed Hemi Dart) yesterday. What a great guy! The funny thing is, I was asked to call him about something totally different then these cars. In the conversation we were having lead him to say he owned an original Hemi Dart back in 68. He bought it from Grand Spaulding Dodge. Then that just start a bunch of stories. He still has the paper work to his original car and does not know where the Dart is today. He did say that they sell the Hemi Dart it in late 69. He is building a Hemi Dart now.
davescuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:55 PM   #4075
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davescuda View Post
I talked to Bryan Higgins (One of the owners of S&K Speed Hemi Dart) yesterday. What a great guy! The funny thing is, I was asked to call him about something totally different then these cars. In the conversation we were having lead him to say he owned an original Hemi Dart back in 68. He bought it from Grand Spaulding Dodge. Then that just start a bunch of stories. He still has the paper work to his original car and does not know where the Dart is today. He did say that they sell the Hemi Dart it in late 69. He is building a Hemi Dart now.
This is the car Brooklynn Heavy aka Rufus
Boyd campaigned both on and off the race track. It was a part of his race 'organization' painted black to be a non discript street racer made famous in a as rumoured $250,000.00 street race. This was in the early 70's BTW. The shop he was based out of was J B Automotive.
The wareabouts of this car are unknown today.

I spoke with Bryan Higgans a few years ago looking for info on my car. Yup great guy. Didnt remember my car tho.

liteweight
Old 09-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #4076
fullmetaljacket

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd hate to be the bearer of corrected news, but that S&K Dart was originally sold to the Mutt Brothers who were a different entity by the name of J&B Automotive a few blocks away from Heavies J&L racing affiliation and Heavy's racing Enterprises. I live just four blocks away from both the J&B joint and Enterprises haunt.

Though it is indeed the car that was in that infamous 1/4 mill-1/4 mile"race against "Big John's" Pro-Camaro. Heavy and Ronald shared a few cars together and IIRC, Heavy ended up with the Dart after all, but at a later date.
Rumor has it that the car was lost in a fire at a storage location. Though I have tried in the past to step into heavies old garage with a lot of bouncer dudes denying me entrance, I suspect that the car or at least its charcoal carcass could still be out there lusting for a discovery/recovery .
fullmetaljacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:59 PM   #4077
Liteweight
VIP Member

Thankyou for that Lee. Glad you set that right. I hate dispusing wrong info. Nothing like having a guy who sits front row center in NY.

Liteweight
Old 09-30-2016, 03:19 PM   #4078
Mr.Hemidart

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Re: Original hemi dart information

[Hello, I play with my thought, my orginalen LO Hemi Dart for sale. what is a fair and relay Roommate price? far as I know it is the only one in Europe, and it is with Europe seemed street approval. dart has been completely restored and rebuilt. the dart is registered and authenticated to galen v. Govier is here to 4th gear manual transmission. I own the dart since of 2004. ask for more or pictures please E-Mail regards vali
Mr.Hemidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:07 PM   #4079
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hemidart View Post
[Hello, I play with my thought, my orginalen LO Hemi Dart for sale. what is a fair and relay Roommate price? far as I know it is the only one in Europe, and it is with Europe seemed street approval. dart has been completely restored and rebuilt. the dart is registered and authenticated to galen v. Govier is here to 4th gear manual transmission. I own the dart since of 2004. ask for more or pictures please E-Mail regards vali
Hello Mr. HemiDart
Welcome here
Do you have pictures and some information or history of this car that you could share here.

Liteweight
Old 10-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #4080
Mr.Hemidart

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Re: Original hemi dart information

Hello, how can I upload photos? sorry and thank you
Mr.Hemidart is offline   Reply With Quote