HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2019, 06:57 PM   #21
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts
Default Re: Would You Quit?

I would continue to race with our Southern Stock Super Stock Assn. and then maybe do some index racing when I could. Maybe some other associations events in the south east. The cars would loose some value if that were to happen. Car counts have been up a bit since the economy has rebounded. So I think we are pretty safe unless the Democrats get full power. Then All racing could be in jeopardy. Hope that does not happen. Racing is a huge business.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #22
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,691 Times in 851 Posts

In the “what if” scenario Mike just painted the “Green Deal” era will indeed usher in all kind of changes that will hurt big sponsorship funding the fuel teams and then it starts to impact us. Can you say eCOPO? Jeff Lane read the tea leaves...the pendulum is going to swing, it’s just a matter of how far.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #23
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

I saw a video where a nice blue Chevrolet eCOPO made a very quiet 9 second pass.
Mike A114
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:51 PM   #24
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,226 Times in 595 Posts

The blue eCopo that you are referring to is the one that Jeff Lane is involved with. Pat McCue is the driver. The car went 9.83 @134 m.p.h. at the Winternationals.

I just yesterday found the dyno specs from this very car. 649 H.P. and 653 Ft. Lbs of torque, at the rear wheels. This was done at a local facility.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #25
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

If racing as we know it were to end, I would have to commit full time to trying to figure out what to do with the money I was saving.
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:12 PM   #26
Alan Nyhus
VIP Member

Liked 761 Times in 225 Posts

Mark, to answer your question:

* I would race my car at independent S/SS races near me , or possibly help to start one in my area

When I got back into this Stocker deal in 2013, it was because of what Midwest Class Racers offered. MCR also partners with NHRA Div 5 and we run our Combo events at NHRA National Opens. This has benefited both NHRA and the tracks by virtue of increased participation. -Al
Old 02-14-2019, 09:15 PM   #27
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 334 Times in 132 Posts

I would dismiss quitting as an option for me. Over the past dozen years, our Can Am Stock/SS Series has proven to me that friendship is my primary reason for planning my summer schedule around race weekends. I would hope that local groups such as ours would continue to operate and modify the format as necessary to maintain a healthy membership. Nostalgia events would, no doubt, grow in size with the influx of “orphan” Sportsman cars from the qualifying years; my car falls into that era.

Chances are that I would see what the rest of the guys had in mind and react accordingly - if they decided to take up golf, I might have better odds to win a few “rounds”.
Dave Turner #1153

Last edited by Dave Turner; 02-14-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #28
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 393 Times in 181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Darts View Post
NMCA has 6 events this year, I could see them move to 12 within a few years. Best deal for the sportsman racer.Call Michael Beard back with his S/SS shootouts. There are enough regional S/SS associations to create divisional organisations and everyone meets at Indy when the weather is better for a S/SS/Sportsman blowout. Someone wave the wand and make it so. If you are waiting for NHRA to do something new or beneficial for the sportsman racer, I hope are holding your breath and puckering up.
I would love NMCA and NMRA grow and get more races been reading a lot about those 2 both seem like great deals
Old 02-22-2019, 08:14 PM   #29
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

I’d run local S/SS and NMCA races for the time being and see if anything presented itself for the performance aspect of stock and SS. If the performance aspect went completely by the wayside, I’d probably go X275 racing or something similar. Would also consider building a F1000 car and going road racing.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:53 AM   #30
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 393 Times in 181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hill View Post
I’d run local S/SS and NMCA races for the time being and see if anything presented itself for the performance aspect of stock and SS. If the performance aspect went completely by the wayside, I’d probably go X275 racing or something similar. Would also consider building a F1000 car and going road racing.
Whats X275 ?