HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2007, 10:42 PM   #21
Mark Lewis

Liked 184 Times in 37 Posts
Default Re: Sloan Racing Engines

Hill, calm down, I know you can whup him . Just give those looks I used to see.
Mark
Mark Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #22
Hillarey Sloan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And just what look are you talking about????? Ha ha! I think I know the one....... I am going to be sweet.....like I said, no further responses to Johnny Boy, he can go fly a kite........

Last edited by Hillarey Sloan; 11-06-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Hillarey Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #23
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

I think it's Myron in disguise... you know how he is with women!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #24
Hillarey Sloan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Myron is such a woman beater!!!! Myron is safe here, his spelling is much better.
Hillarey Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #25
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 132 Times in 48 Posts

Now that's LOW!
Heck, even if I would hide behind a fake name, it would be classier than that!

Looking forward to giving more beatings next year!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #26
Bo Kenney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tim Sloan has built motors for me that are fast and have lasted. He is currently building a A/fia motor for me too run in NHRA Div 1. Tim is one of the finest men I have meet in Drag Racing. I would recommend him and his shop to anyone.

Bo Kenney

NHRA 1273
IHRA 1169
Stock , Super Stock and Top sportsman
Bo Kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:01 AM   #27
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john holmes View Post
I'am alive and well ED. It's not that T/SA or other slower class are not important( because all NHRA stocker are from V/S to A/SA are, that's what makes us a speical group of people) it's that almost anyone can make a slower class car go real fast with little effort and big money or hard work and little money (Bob shaw, Burt morgan). with faster combos there are almost no class singles and alot more effort is need to win with some combos. Ed not that I really care but how many times have you class singled for a win vs ran someone and won or ran heads up in the race? just asking.
I have 6 Wally's and 6 plaques for class and all but 1 was a class single.Car is a .80 under car in summer heat and has been 1.22 in Good air.Set record at 1.17 uder in 2006.Not my fault no other T cars in Div.1.Next year there may be a 305 car to contend with.Car was Very fast at S/SS combo race this past weekend at Englishtown.Guess I'll have to wok a little harder next year.
Oh BTW I also have a Div. Wally and had #15 on the window this year,next year #14 IHRA(You know that OTHER org.).And what have you done lately with your high dollar
F-G/SA car Mr. No Name?
This year was my first with IHRA and the quality of comp. was really impressive.Lost two finls to the best of the best.Hudlow and Bertozzi.Anyone running S/SS in either org. are a special
group.
Ed F.
1945 T/SA
I GO 1ST
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA

Last edited by Ed Fernandez; 11-07-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #28
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

[

Quote:
Originally Posted by john holmes View Post
Hillarey I have one better for you. Why don't you put a real motor in your car and run G/SA or F/SA then we could meet heads up any place any time 10000 cash winner takes all and I will even pay for the NHRA offical to do a post race teardown( NHRA offical only because IHRA TEARDOWN is a joke). If you are interrested just say the word and I will give you my real name and car number and what kind of car. No tricks now!!!!

Be careful what you wish for. There was a guy named Mitch Kight that kicked your *** for years if you ran G/SA or whatever class you ran. You and everyone else dodged him and he was going to show his *** at Gainesville this year but because of rain didnt get the chance. I think he was looking at 1.50 under or better as I have seen that car run that fast.

You tell me what class to be in, I think an NHRA race in the fall would be nice.

So after saying that I will call you out JOHN HOLMES. Who are you.

Tim you have a set of heads for F/SA i gave you months ago, I say its time to work on them.

herb jr

Last edited by herbjr; 11-07-2007 at 12:31 AM.
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #29
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Looking forward to giving more beatings next year!
"The beatings will continue until moral improves!"

Dunno, Herb... I think Piedmont Dragway would be a great host for some Class match races during a Thursday night Big Dog, don't you think? If you can keep Macy at J weight and Jamie on the bias plys, I might be able to run with them and give the fans a good show!

What's great about Tim Sloan isn't just his engines. He can also drive -- was #2 in the World in IHRA Modified Eliminator years ago, and came out of 'retirement' and won a Pro-Am in Terry Knott's car, I think in about his 2nd try. He's also at many of the events, and is a major help to everyone at the race track. His skill, advice, and friendship are priceless, and very much appreciated -- which is what this thread was supposed to be about.

Ed F. - As you know, Billy Nees built my EF/SA Turismo. I won Class on a single once, went 9 rounds in my first two races with it while only running under the index three times, and ran -.45 under once. Missed one race, and finished #11 in NHRA Div. 1. I'm grateful to Billy for getting me started in Stock eliminator, and he's another one that would do anything for you at the race track. He's another brilliant man - even if a little cranky and eccentric.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #30
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

Beard you might be on to something. I hope you guys had pictures made of your cars this weekend with people in the stands at a local track. That is what sponsors like.

Piedmont use to run Stock SS combos the Wednesday ngiht before the national events at Rockingham back in the 80's. Now that would be fun, a free race maybe who knows.

Herb Jr
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote