Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 11:39 AM   #21
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 678 Times in 291 Posts
Default Re: First four LODRS races postponed

I have tried to keep my dog out of this fight but COVID-19 has no comparison to the flu. It is much more contagious and more deadly. If you guys want to catch it and possibly die its is your business. If you give it to me or my loved ones it is everyone's business.

From the very top down the the USA has, with advanced warning, done a terrible job fighting this war. More infections and more deaths than any other country in the world. Many with higher populations and higher population densities.

Rather than some anonymous unfortunate soul in New York City, would you feel different about a COVID death if it was your mother, father, wife, son or daughter?

Okay I am off my soap box and will stay off.

You might be interested in Tulsa Raceways Park's policies after they reopen. They could be in place for the points race here. It is the first thing you see when you open their webpage.

https://www.tulsaracewaypark.com/

Bill Lamb
4340 SS/BS
Old 04-26-2020, 12:17 PM   #22
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

This kinda looks like the wave of the foreseeable future if ANY racing is to continue ANYWHERE until this Virus situation is over with. I can see many tracks implementing this procedure--FED 387
Old 04-26-2020, 12:38 PM   #23
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post
I have tried to keep my dog out of this fight but COVID-19 has no comparison to the flu. It is much morehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfTPnXSIi4&list=PLE23E23BB78345F1https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfTPnXSIi4&list=PLE23E23BB78345F1C and more deadly. If you guys want to catch it and possibly die its is your business. If you give it to me or my loved ones it is everyone's business.

From the very top down the the USA has, with advanced warning, done a terrible job fighting this war. More infections and more deaths than any other country in the world. Many with higher populations and higher population densities.

Rather than some anonymous unfortunate soul in New York City, would you feel different about a COVID death if it was your mother, father, wife, son or daughter?

Just curious Can you post information about this C 19 being more ca

You might be interested in Tulsa Raceways Park's policies after they reopen. They could be in place for the points race here. It is the first thing you see when you open their webpage.

Bill Lamb
4340 SS/BS
curious can You post some information about this C19 being more contagious than the flu that happens every year
Old 04-26-2020, 01:14 PM   #24
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
curious can You post some information about this C19 being more contagious than the flu that happens every year
I dunno about the C19 vs. the flu, but I have witnessed a disease that comes around every year that is highly contagious. It has affected many of my friends and close acquaintances with little regard. The impact can be financially detrimental, but there are times that it will give you some relief. I have seen it bring communities of people together helping one another at times you would not expect, but that is what makes this disease span decades without a strong desire to find a cure.

It is called sportsman drag racing.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #25
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
I have tried to keep my dog out of this fight but COVID-19 has no comparison to the flu. It is much more contagious and more deadly. If you guys want to catch it and possibly die its is your business. If you give it to me or my loved ones it is everyone's business.

Bill Lamb
4340 SS/BS
I will acknowledge that Covid-19 is most likely worse than the common flu but I take acception to the numbers reported here versus other countries. I feel most likely other countries under reported their cases especially China. Then here in the US we are over reporting cases I believe because that means more federal money. It's bad stuff any way you look at it and I hope this is over sooner than later.
Old 04-26-2020, 04:42 PM   #26
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:

Bill Lamb
4340 SS/BS
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...US_aCYFFrVzF6g

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) revealed surprising preliminary data suggesting that one-in-five residents have already had the virus. That figure implies a case count of 2.7 million, 10 times higher than current totals. The data suggest the virus is more widespread than previously thought, with a lower fatality rate of around 0.5%. A similar but less rigorous study in Los Angeles found similar results. The number of deaths in New York fell by about one-third this week versus last week.

Unless you are sick, bad lungs, heart disease, etc.. i do not think its any worse than the flu. Media is hyping this up, people may have had it already and not know. If you are not young and healthy then stay home but the world needs to get back at it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94143590_10216846892186564_3376082789894979584_n.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	54444  
Old 04-26-2020, 05:00 PM   #27
AC

340 Cuda have a listen

Last edited by AC; 04-26-2020 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:02 PM   #28
Roy Kinslow

Liked 128 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
340 Cuda have a listen

This is a good example of how a slick talking bull**** artist can twist numbers any way they want. He keeps talking about extrapolating data from the percentage of positive tests to the general population, this is wrong because a random cross section of people would have to be tested for this to be correct. You have to get prior authorization from having symptoms before they will even give you a test. Inflating the "EXTRAPOLATED" number of positive tests causes the( actual) number of deaths to be a much lower percentage. One thing is for sure , with Google and You Tube you can always find someone to tell you what you want to hear.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:04 PM   #29
AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Kinslow View Post
This is a good example of how a slick talking bull**** artist can twist numbers any way they want. He keeps talking about extrapolating data from the percentage of positive tests to the general population, this is wrong because a random cross section of people would have to be tested for this to be correct. You have to get prior authorization from having symptoms before they will even give you a test. Inflating the "EXTRAPOLATED" number of positive tests causes the( actual) number of deaths to be a much lower percentage. One thing is for sure , with Google and You Tube you can always find someone to tell you what you want to hear.
LOL ok Roy, smoke another!
Old 04-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #30
AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Kinslow View Post
from another doctor who studies viruses:

WHO IS DYING? Let's take a close look at who is dying of COVID-19, and by proxy, your chance of dying. WARNING, some tough talk here. Virus Post # 21 by Idiot Immunologist-Surgeon.

It is imperative to know who has died and who is at risk of dying if we are going to be honest about the lethality of COVID-19. Only after we understand these FACTS can we have an intelligent discussion about when, where, and what we re-open. I've needed to write this post for 2 weeks, but I know the response will be brutal, claiming I don't love old people and "all lives matter". Both of my parents are 84 and I love them dearly, so let's look at facts and leave the emotion aside for once.

My sources are the CDC and NIH (all new data) an a 1-hour conversation yesterday with a dear friend--a surgeon who is performing all the tracheostomies for ventilator patients in the ICU at Mt Sinai Hospital in NYC--the true epicenter hospital. No Fox news or CNN sources here.

The overwhelming majority of people dying of CV19 are UNHEALTHY people to begin with. Although there are a few tragic deaths of young nurses and doctors, these are the exceptions. Let's look at the 99% and not discuss the outliers. I'll break down deaths by three categories: underlying disease, nursing homes, and socioeconomic status.

UNDERLYING DISEASE. By now you know that "underlying disease" is the BIG risk factor. The biggest and most important are: poorly controlled diabetes, morbid obesity, heart disease, hypertension, and kidney disease. It should not be a surprise that these conditions are very often found in the same individual. When you add smoking, poor nutritional (and vitamin) status, these folks are at high risk from dying from ANY insult. Heck, they survive car crashes at 50% the rate of healthy people. My surgeon friend states "the vast majority of patients look alike, they have not taken care of themselves for over a decade and they don't have the reserves to fight any infection. They are the most unhealthy of our city."

Of 6,570 confirmed COVID-19 deaths fully investigated for underlying conditions to date, 99.5 percent, had at least one of the underlying illness listed above. Almost 90% have 3 or more.

NURSING HOMES: Nursing home deaths account for more than 50 percent of all CV19 deaths in six states: Colorado, Delaware, Massachusetts, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Utah. They represent over 20% of deaths from the virus nationwide and over 21% in NYC. 3600 nursing home residents in NYC metro area are among dead with 55 from one nursing home in Brooklyn. It's worse in Europe. The WHO released numbers yesterday estimating 50% of all CV19 deaths in Europe are from nursing homes.

I want to emphasize that these facilities serve a huge variety of patients, but residents in nursing homes have at least one chronic condition for which they need some ongoing medical care-that's the requirement to get in. Some are an otherwise healthy person who is recovering from a stroke. But the average nursing home resident has 5.8 chronic heath conditions (see section above). Poor nutrition is very common and plays a huge role in the ability to fight any infection. 40.5% nursing home residents in the US are over 85, with 6.8% over 95.

Alzheimer's Disease or other forms of dementia is present in 48.6% of all US nursing home residents. Alzheimer's accounted as the primary cause of death in 121,404 Americans in 2018, the 6th highest cause of death; a rate of 37.3 per 100,000 people (much higher than CV19). These patients almost universally have DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) orders meaning that they and their family do not want any heroic measures taken to prolong their life. In fact, DNR orders are estimated to be present in over 90% of nursing home residents in the US. Thus, when they get sick with CV-19, little is done and they often die within 24 hours. We love these vulnerable folks, but we recognize many have reached their end of life. This is very hard to discuss and write about, but we need to understand.

SOCIOECONOMIC. My friend states that the majority of patients they see in NYC not from nursing homes are from the low socioeconomic faction of the NYC boroughs. Often there are many people living together in tight quarters and they have spread the virus among their household. Overwhelmingly they are poor, and typically minority (widely known now), morbidly obese, diabetic, hypertensive and with some underlying kidney dysfunction (see above).

BOTTOM LINE: The people dying of COVID-19 are the same un-healthy people who die of any virus, infection, or car crash. It turns out the mortality rate for this virus is really not much different than the seasonal flu. Yup, I said it because it appears to be true. The sick and the elderly don't do well with infections. Read this paragraph again please.

If you do not already have an underlying chronic condition, your chances of dying are amazingly small, REGARDLESS OF AGE. For people under 18 years old, the rate of death is zero per 100,000 (CDC). Adults under 55 (probably 65) and children in normal health have essentially zero risk of any serious illness from COVID-19. These are the facts even when we include NYC. And no BS comments about flattening the curve--that has nothing to do with this conversation whatsoever--we are talking about death and who dies.

Moving forward we must isolate the VULNERABLE in our towns, and let the HEALTHY get out and get on with it. People in nursing homes do not go to the beach, or work out in the park. They don't go to the gym. Let's build our herd immunity. Let's stop destroying our country because we have the wrong policy of protecting everybody when we should only protect the vulnerable. The evidence is in--healthy people should not be locked up.
Closed Thread