HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 01:05 PM   #11
Terry Witzel

Liked 49 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: First four LODRS races postponed

Could very well be the Hangover Nationals in January before anyone races again.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #12
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Seeing as Georgia has started opening up more than other states I’m a little surprised they postponed Commerce. As a NHRA track and with a likely high car count they’re leaving a lot of $ on the table. Sounds a little off to me but with NASCAR backing away from a fan-less race in May perhaps no organization wants to be first to sponsor an event. Liability insurance perhaps is the sticking point, a litigation happy culture the culprit.
Probably just a little too soon yet. They have some logistics to work out before we get back to racing. Issues with tech. Fuel check. Time slips. One of the tracks said they had a way to send the time slips electronically with some sort of an app. Also how to deal with payment at the gate. They need to get the Q sheets and ladder sheets available online so we don’t have to congregate at the trailer to see that info.
Maybe NHRA needs to have a system where we start an account with a credit card when we arrive at the race it charges our account. No cash transactions at the gate. You just tell them your membership number and how many crew and it charges your acct.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:05 PM   #13
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

I feel with GA and TN opening up we will learn quite a bit in the next 2-4 weeks....results we can see for ourselves...
either it is going to go good or really bad..... if goes good then we should see things start loosening up..... if it goes bad... we may not see a racetrack this year...
I pray it goes good... first.... for health.. second.....for the mental health....third... for the financial..... fourth..so we can hopefully get back to some kind of normal....
sorry I'm a stick guy.... I'm really good @ counting to four

Last edited by Mike Taylor 3601; 04-25-2020 at 02:06 PM. Reason: addition
Old 04-25-2020, 03:04 PM   #14
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
Probably just a little too soon yet. They have some logistics to work out before we get back to racing. Issues with tech. Fuel check. Time slips. One of the tracks said they had a way to send the time slips electronically with some sort of an app. Also how to deal with payment at the gate. They need to get the Q sheets and ladder sheets available online so we don’t have to congregate at the trailer to see that info.
Maybe NHRA needs to have a system where we start an account with a credit card when we arrive at the race it charges our account. No cash transactions at the gate. You just tell them your membership number and how many crew and it charges your acct.
FYI THE fake scared on this Virus cannot jump from one person to anther >also it is only Alive a short period of time . The Germs have to be physically touched and in Most
cases die before they caused an issue
Old 04-25-2020, 03:38 PM   #15
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,707 Times in 853 Posts

Maybe I’m too simplistic but Chic-fil-A (and others but might as well use the best) had most of their logistical issues figured out within 24 hours. They do get within 6 feet but you’re at arm’s length at least. You give them your order and then swipe your credit card while they hold their device toward you to swipe. Shortly thereafter they’ll hand you a receipt or not as you prefer. Sure they could text you that info if they had your “chicken club” member on file. (Same can go for time slips). There’s always going to be an exchange of some sort because I want my chicken and they want my money. The proximity deal gets tested more come Monday when sit down restaurants open in Georgia at least. If reasonable precautions are taken there shouldn’t be a problem. If people don’t want to see friends greet each other in close proximity then they probably need to stay home. I’m personally taking a lot of precautions because my son is in a high risk group but at some point everyone needs to decide if they’re going to start taking some measured amount of risks or stay sheltered for another year when a vaccine is available. There are no guarantees beyond grace, taxes and death.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:57 PM   #16
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
FYI THE fake scared on this Virus cannot jump from one person to anther >also it is only Alive a short period of time . The Germs have to be physically touched and in Most
As of this morning, 50,000+ people in the U.S. have died from COVD-19 in a little more than 6 weeks. During the average flu season, 50,000+ people die in the U.S. in the 6 months that the flu season usually lasts. 6 months is 26 weeks; so the flu kills 50,000+ people in 26 weeks, while COVID-19 has killed 50,000 people in 6 weeks. Those numbers are from the CDC; do you still think this is fake?
Old 04-25-2020, 06:24 PM   #17
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
As of this morning, 50,000+ people in the U.S. have died from COVD-19 in a little more than 6 weeks. During the average flu season, 50,000+ people die in the U.S. in the 6 months that the flu season usually lasts. 6 months is 26 weeks; so the flu kills 50,000+ people in 26 weeks, while COVID-19 has killed 50,000 people in 6 weeks. Those numbers are from the CDC; do you still think this is fake?
As a matter of fact, I still think the stats are fake > Just curious how many people have died with cancer,? Hearth attacks? car wrecks,? I feel a lot of the Fake virus scare have been fake as there has been way to many times the other deaths have been put in the stats for the C flu
Old 04-25-2020, 07:34 PM   #18
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I still think the stats are fake > Just curious how many people have died with cancer,? Hearth attacks? car wrecks,? I feel a lot of the Fake virus scare have been fake as there has been way to many times the other deaths have been put in the stats for the C flu
There are already cases in my hometown in FL. People that we know had relatives that went into the hospital and a nursing home very sick with other illnesses and the families were not allowed to see them and just days later were told they had died of the virus. The families are very upset and have started investigating and can't get any information. One of the families found out their relative died from the local media.

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??

Last edited by BRETV; 04-25-2020 at 07:40 PM. Reason: correction
Old 04-25-2020, 09:45 PM   #19
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts

The weather here in Las Vegas is on the warming tread. Wed high will be 101 degrees. Nevada as a whole has been past the peak for the virus for about a week. If heat helps there you go.
I wonder about these numbers when every day we average. Every day we hit about the same numbers of new cases and deaths. Yeah right!
Does show some serious weaknesses in our nursing home care. Very sad.
We can't go golfing in Nevada. I take it because everyone ends up at the hole. It's 95 degrees out! They closed our drive-in because some kids were having too much fun running around. Holy cow!

My yard is well managed right now anyway,

Paul Haszlauer
Old 04-26-2020, 10:51 AM   #20
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Don. I think similar to you on this virus thing. You just have to remember that NHRA Headquarters is located in California land of the fruits and nuts. I wonder if the HQ has been open at all of if they are shut down. Did they just leave all of the national event equipment in Gainesville all set up like when we left there in early March. I doubt they are to worried about the racers they are probably concerned for the health of the NHRA personnel that would be there to run the program. I guess next on the schedule is the pro Gators and Atlanta sportsman race in Gainesville June 5th. We will see if that happens several weeks from now. The Florida governor will probably follow what the Georgia governor is doing. I expect some opening up this week down here.
Closed Thread