HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #21
Hacksaw

Liked 276 Times in 151 Posts
Default Re: Gators S/SS Entries

I thought they already have some kind of average system for racers that a major setback, mechanical or otherwise.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #22
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,458 Times in 1,958 Posts

Hats off to all the present and former Champs that did not enter. They can enter the very last day even if it is closed, But it is understandable if the Champs enter some time before the last day. I remember Dan Fletcher forgot to enter until after the cut off time and NHRA would not accept his entry. Moral of the story: enter early and enter often, unless you be the Champ!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #23
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,707 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
I thought they already have some kind of average system for racers that a major setback, mechanical or otherwise.
They can average the three previous years. I asked to average the 3 years preceding my recent 4 year “sabbatical” and NHRA said no. I don’t really have an big issue with starting over, it’s “house rules” and everybody knows that going in. Or at least they should.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #24
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
No, that's not what I'm saying, the local division racers should get first preference, then out of division racers get to enter. All on grade points system of your division.

Why should a racer who never entered an out of division race get preference over an in division racer?
I don't understand what is so difficult about the current system, or why entering a national event is viewed as some sort of birthright.

If you want to race a national, support the series to the point that you won't have a problem. If you get shut out, try harder next year or find something else to do.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #25
btrc

Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts

I asked if I could use the year before my 28 year "retirement". Never got an answer.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #26
Shaun Vincent

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts

Shouldn't a National Event include the best racers, not the racer who went to 8 races and lost in the 1st rd at them all? How about the top ten in each division gets 8 grad points. 11-20 gets 7, 21-30 gets 6 and so on. The field wouldn't fill up as fast and it would be based on accomplishments instead of location. Just a thought.
Shaun Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #27
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
I don't understand what is so difficult about the current system, or why entering a national event is viewed as some sort of birthright.

If you want to race a national, support the series to the point that you won't have a problem. If you get shut out, try harder next year or find something else to do.
It's easy for that response, but when your point races are hundreds of miles apart and you have to work, it's not like trying harder. I lived in D1, you can reach almost any race in just a few hours. Also, there are national opens that don't exist in many other divisions. There needs to another criteria so that the local division racer can race a national event in his "own" division.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:24 PM   #28
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post

"The present system of grade points and national championship points is broken" The way to race is who spends the most money in going to races and in winning the championship,.
NHRA is the only sports organization that lets "Professionals" compete against amateurs in the world > ,let the bullets fly lol

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 01-26-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #29
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

You can attend all the races you want but if you don't make rounds you will not be a player in the National points I don't care how much money you got.
If you claim 8 races with 1st round losses you won't even make the top 200 in Stock.
I had a motor failure last year and lost a bunch of races because of the time of year it happened, got 4 grade points and right now I am shut out of the Gators. Oh well **** happens but I will keep watching and probably get in if the provisionals wait till the last weekend. Same thing has happened alot of these races fill up early but people drop.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:51 PM   #30
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
I wrote an email to NHRA that the racers in the division should get preference over racers from other division's when the national event is in that racers division.
It's too easy to get points in D1 when you have national opens as well as points races.
I personally have to travel 200 Miles to my closest points race and it goes up in 100 mile increments to make each other race. Also, no national opens to get points at either.
I think that the entry should work with that division grade points 7 to 1 then welcome other division grade points 7 to 1. If you raced a points race in the division of the national event and it's not your home division, you get to enter as if you belong to the national event division.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
I agree with Casey on this. Maybe the first week or day the event opens the home division racers can enter. It just doesn't make sense for a racer from 2 k mikes away take the place of a home division racer. I had my 5 grade pioints so I got in but know a few that would like to have entered but only had 4 grade points.