HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 30 Times in 8 Posts
Default I'm confused about IHRA's Sportsman friendliness

How can IHRA say that they are the body that cares about the sportsman racers? The way I see it, they care allright... about two classes T/S, T/D. Can anyone answer me why IHRA decided to structure the payout different in just those two classes. It sure didn't pay off in Palm Beach when they payed out over $5,000 and only took in $1,700 for 7 cars in T/S. S#!t, all you had to do is show up with a hunk of crap and slap a T/S on the window and your up a couple hundred even if you lose first round. with less than 32 T/D cars, I don't think they hit much of a profit there either.

Its all in the wording, T/DS get $2,500 win, $1000 R/U, $600 semis, $400 Quaters, $200 eights.
Now what does S/SS or .90 get? $1,500 win, $800 R/U, and here is the kicker, 3rd round loss $100, 4th round loss $200. So, if 16 or less show up (why would they with this payout) then your semi final performance gets a whoping $100. You would need over 33 cars and get to the semis to get your buyin back. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, we don't do it for the money. Clearly thats why people just flood to IHRA National events.

We have suported IHRA extensively in the past 3 years, but I cant stand for this crap. Take a look boys and girls, you would be better off entering your S/SS or .90 car in the box, no box.

Last edited by Hagen Gary; 02-11-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: I'm confused about IHRA's Sportsman friendliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
all you had to do is show up with a hunk of crap and slap a T/S on the window and your up a couple hundred even if you lose first round.
No, you can't. Please read the rulebook. (and for the record, I said the same thing in the late '90s... "Why don't we just build a Comp-legal chassis and show up to collect our qualifying money?", as they had short fields at the time.) If that's what you want to do, go build a T/S car, a Comp car, or a TA/FC and rake in your hoards of Qualifying money.

TS and TD have been a staple of IHRA for many many years, and have only recently fell prone to short car counts, and they still do fine in many areas. Some of the qualified fields have been really good shows.

Why does SS get paid more than Stock? Why does Comp get paid more than SS or S? Why does T/AD and TA/FC get paid more than Comp, SS and S? Seriously, this is kind of scraping the barrel on trying to find something to complain about, in my opinion. Then again, if that's the only thing we have to complain about, what's the problem?

Quote:
So, if 16 or less show up (why would they with this payout) then your semi final performance gets a whoping $100.
Correct. You can call it "semifinals" all you want, but the driver in that situation still only won TWO rounds. 4th round loser with 16 cars would be R/U and get sticker money. What's 4th round loser get you anywhere else on the planet?

I swear, some people will only be happy with $100 entry fees to run for $10,000, get 6 time shots, and have no other classes on the grounds other than Stock and Super Stock.

Kinda tired of the whole "IHRA has low car counts" BS. Well if people would GET OFF THE COUCH and GO to the races (like Hagen has), there would BE big car counts. More cars = more payout and more sponsors. Everybody that keeps complaining about all of NHRA's enhancements are doing nothing but feeding that which they claim to hate. I call BS. I think those people LOVE complaining. Maybe if IHRA made you show up on Wednesday, charged you double, parked you a mile from the staging lanes, charged you for pit vehicles, charged you for trash, charged you for waste oil, mandated mufflers, mandated diapers, started at 7:30am then ran you at 11pm, didn't prep the track, allowed Hemi cars to run heads-up with small blocks, didn't put you on TV, and just generally treated you like crap, people would FLOCK to the gates. GIVE ME A BREAK. So REALLY? You're going to complain about what some OTHER class is getting paid? What on earth does T/S payouts have to do with IHRA's friendliness?
Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 503 Times in 126 Posts

Michael you must have an instant notification on your phone if someone posts something on class racer about IHRA. I was just about to post wait til Michael read this!!! LOL
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 503 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
How can IHRA say that they are the body that cares about the sportsman racers? The way I see it, they care allright... about two classes T/S, T/D. Can anyone answer me why IHRA decided to structure the payout different in just those two classes. It sure didn't pay off in Palm Beach when they payed out over $5,000 and only took in $1,700 for 7 cars in T/S. S#!t, all you had to do is show up with a hunk of crap and slap a T/S on the window and your up a couple hundred even if you lose first round. with less than 32 T/D cars, I don't think they hit much of a profit there either.

Its all in the wording, T/DS get $2,500 win, $1000 R/U, $600 semis, $400 Quaters, $200 eights.
Now what does S/SS or .90 get? $1,500 win, $800 R/U, and here is the kicker, 3rd round loss $100, 4th round loss $200. So, if 16 or less show up (why would they with this payout) then your semi final performance gets a whoping $100. You would need over 33 cars and get to the semis to get your buyin back. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, we don't do it for the money. Clearly thats why people just flood to IHRA National events.

We have suported IHRA extensively in the past 3 years, but I cant stand for this crap. Take a look boys and girls, you would be better off entering your S/SS or .90 car in the box, no box.
Hagen are you going to Houston next month?
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
vic guilmino

Liked 56 Times in 21 Posts
Red face Re: I'm confused about IHRA's Sportsman friendliness

fuel at $3.60 gal
entry fee $350
fuel to go to Fl. $1200
plus food, drinks, etc
to win WHAT
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

My business is internet-based, so it's always right there. Just happened to stumble on it at the 'right' time.

Sorry for venting. Just absolutely SICK of all the problem-generating WE do, on top of all of the ACTUAL problems that are forced on us. Kinda cranky too from working 14hr days trying to get caught up with work. Been so slammed that I'm not racing this weekend, and probably not next weekend.

Need to go race with Ortiz some more.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 30 Times in 8 Posts

Dude, you missed the point. I don't think IHRA really believes they will get more than 32 cars in either class. So they adjusted the payout to rounds won instead of semis, quaters and so on. This has everything to do with friendliness, I expect my friends to be fair to me. The differences in payout structure is not fair in MY opinion. Seems like they know exactly how many cars will show from years past and adjusted acordingly. I figured I earned the right to bitch about how I got enhanced by IHRA. I wish everyone in the area would come give it a try, and thats why this pisses me off.

Ed, I'll be at both BR and Houston, You?

Last edited by Hagen Gary; 02-11-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
vic guilmino

Liked 56 Times in 21 Posts
Talking Re: I'm confused about IHRA's Sportsman friendliness

hey michael
how about some live reports
what the hell is going on in bradenton
Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: I'm confused about IHRA's Sportsman friendliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic guilmino View Post
hey michael
how about some live reports
what the hell is going on in bradenton
If you had come down to win the BIG BUCKS from NHRA you would know what is going on in Bradenton......... You guys all bitch yet wont go anywhere unless the race is in your back yard. It didnt matter when gas and diesel was under a buck and a half.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach

Pay outs are really tough for the track putting on the race. If you don't post guarenteed money then no one will show. If you base if off of the number of competitors that show up in each category no one would show up. Basing it on the number of rounds helps the track but the problem I have is if there is a bye in any 'paying' round then the track makes out. For instance, if there are only 3 cars left they only pay one semi then the runner up and the winner .. they keep the other semi would be money ..