HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #21
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Coolest new Thing from PRI

2012 CJ has CJ specific slicks from Goodyear! It sounds like they are even branded as CJ slicks.
Despite all the yelling here, that in itself tells me the industry is excited about the offerings.
That one item tells me these new cars are a good thing to the sport. Maybe not to the racers, but definitely good to the sport.
Personally, I've resolved that this is what it is and will not change. I'm still looking forward to getting my AMX out of prison. The 5.7 DP in SS/J / JA will be in my SS/G-H-I class soon enough. I'd love to be the first one to put one on a trailer!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #22
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Coolest new Thing from PRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lee View Post
2012 CJ has CJ specific slicks from Goodyear! It sounds like they are even branded as CJ slicks.
Despite all the yelling here, that in itself tells me the industry is excited about the offerings.
That one item tells me these new cars are a good thing to the sport. Maybe not to the racers, but definitely good to the sport.
Personally, I've resolved that this is what it is and will not change. I'm still looking forward to getting my AMX out of prison. The 5.7 DP in SS/J / JA will be in my SS/G-H-I class soon enough. I'd love to be the first one to put one on a trailer!
Lots of Luck !!!!
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #23
Patrick Downing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
I don't think it is too harsh. Name another combo as badly under rated as this new stuff.
U.S. Nationals 2010
1 5508 DF/S Charles Blossom, Woodbury MN, '04 PT Cruis 13.774 15.60 -1.826

Not trying to start a fight but I would say that this thing is pretty far off......
Patrick Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #24
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Downing View Post
U.S. Nationals 2010
1 5508 DF/S Charles Blossom, Woodbury MN, '04 PT Cruis 13.774 15.60 -1.826

Not trying to start a fight but I would say that this thing is pretty far off......
Yep, there is some bogus combo someone turns up once in a while, but not a whole new flock of race only stuff that is all that far off.

Jeff, by the time the SS/J SS/JA 5.9L migrates up to SS/G SS/GA it will be factored closer to where it belongs and you could possibly out run it. Right?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #25
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Yep, there is some bogus combo someone turns up once in a while, but not a whole new flock of race only stuff that is all that far off.

Jeff, by the time the SS/J SS/JA 5.9L migrates up to SS/G SS/GA it will be factored closer to where it belongs and you could possibly out run it. Right?
That's always my goal! But first I have to get back on the track.
And guess I had that wrong, it's the 5.9L Magnum DP not the 5.7L Hemi that currently fits SS/J.
See, if I wait for another year, they'll be 500#'s heavier than my car
Old 12-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #26
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Right now that car gets to weigh 40lb less than me. If I could use those engine specs in my LT1 I would be fine with running them heads up.

Thing to do would build a car for a low enough class to not have to race them heads up, but a slower car wouldn't be much fun to drive. Low tens ain't much of a ride as it is.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 12-12-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #27
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Patrick, Charles Blossom is to Stock with the odd turbo cars as Bob Dennis is to Super Stock with the Olds packages. He can usually run to the front with those packages as he usually has the only one. And I don't think any of that is going to change in Stock or Super Stock. The PT Cruiser Turbo Convertable that Blossom ran was nicer than my wife's which has only 17k miles and never sleeps out. And I don't care what system you have Bob and Charles and a couple others will always be out there.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #28
SS Engine Guy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE=Ed Wright;227517]Right now that car gets to weigh 40lb less than me. If I could use those engine specs in my LT1 I would be fine with running them heads up.

[QUOTE]

And that statement pretty much sums it up!---- Probably the best post on this subject.

And just remember Ed, your car could be actually licenced and driven on the street with pump gas when new.

Last edited by SS Engine Guy; 12-12-2010 at 09:18 PM.
SS Engine Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #29
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 132 Times in 48 Posts
Post Re: Coolest new Thing from PRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lee View Post
[
I overheard a comment from one of the Mopar guys about Goodyear doing new slicks for the Challenger too. Probably the same ones.
Myron Piatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #30
Patrick Downing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Patrick, Charles Blossom is to Stock with the odd turbo cars as Bob Dennis is to Super Stock with the Olds packages. He can usually run to the front with those packages as he usually has the only one. And I don't think any of that is going to change in Stock or Super Stock. The PT Cruiser Turbo Convertable that Blossom ran was nicer than my wife's which has only 17k miles and never sleeps out. And I don't care what system you have Bob and Charles and a couple others will always be out there.
Oh I am not complaining about them at all, I enjoy seeing those guys at the track with the odd ball combos that no one wanted to build. If I recall I think Charles was even driving the PT out on the roads at Cordova when he set the record! I'd call that a true stocker! lol
Patrick Downing is offline   Reply With Quote