HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #11
Tom Moock

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Coolest new Thing from PRI

Rawhide, How many NHRA division director`s got a new 2011 ford taurus, Division 5 got one. Tom
Old 12-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Moock View Post
Rawhide, How many NHRA division director`s got a new 2011 ford taurus, Division 5 got one. Tom
a taurus??? that will show you what NHRA thinks of the division directors. I would have at least expected an expedition or F-150
Old 12-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #13
Larry Fulton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
no, the rest of us class racers "get it", because YOU slipped some obviously bull**** horsepower numbers past NHRA, wonder how many dually's and Gt500's that cost ya?
Wow!!!
That's some hateful S**T right there...
This thread had nothing to do with HP Factoring and giving away duallies?

Thanks Mike for answering my request and giving us a little show insight.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Fulton View Post
Wow!!!
That's some hateful S**T right there...
This thread had nothing to do with HP Factoring and giving away duallies?

Thanks Mike for answering my request and giving us a little show insight.
you=ford racing
Old 12-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #15
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Chad, I guess you and some others would like a 'quit racing and hi performance' as GM did some years ago. The involvement of the manufacturers is what keeps racing in general moving along. Did you notice that the 'car of tomorrow' didn't really make any friends with Nascar, now the manufactureres are getting real bodies. I think a lot of the complaining is due to GM not in the mix yet. Just because GM isn't here yet, doesn't mean the Ford and Mopar guys are bastards. Do you really think without the manufacturers and vendors that the racing franchises could keep the electric car people, tree huggers, & other Democrats at bay? It would be a short run with a bad car as the Nascar folks say. Was it a manufacturer who built the 55 265 and started all this. It was other manufacturers that responded with the 390's, 406, 409, 413 and the muscle car era.
Without that you don't have a car. Complain all you want, if it offends you that bad, try fishing. I think it's great that Ford and Mopar sneak around the Detroit area tracks and test stuff, and it's even better when we got a spy. GM will be back I believe as they got rid of some of the democrats with the IPO, maybe enough for a special Camaro. Course they yall would have to get mad at Toyota.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Chad, I guess you and some others would like a 'quit racing and hi performance' as GM did some years ago. The involvement of the manufacturers is what keeps racing in general moving along. Did you notice that the 'car of tomorrow' didn't really make any friends with Nascar, now the manufactureres are getting real bodies. I think a lot of the complaining is due to GM not in the mix yet. Just because GM isn't here yet, doesn't mean the Ford and Mopar guys are bastards. Do you really think without the manufacturers and vendors that the racing franchises could keep the electric car people, tree huggers, & other Democrats at bay? It would be a short run with a bad car as the Nascar folks say. Was it a manufacturer who built the 55 265 and started all this. It was other manufacturers that responded with the 390's, 406, 409, 413 and the muscle car era.
Without that you don't have a car. Complain all you want, if it offends you that bad, try fishing. I think it's great that Ford and Mopar sneak around the Detroit area tracks and test stuff, and it's even better when we got a spy. GM will be back I believe as they got rid of some of the democrats with the IPO, maybe enough for a special Camaro. Course they yall would have to get mad at Toyota.
Jeff, I've said this a million times. I think the factory involvement is great. They should help support all of the racers who are loyal to them. I don't think that turning loose a bunch of axe murderers on the rest of the class is a good way to do that. If they had built the package cars with current production motors, with their showroom factors ( have to give ford credit, they did use the GT500 motor albeit with a bogus factor) but just more race ready and with a lighter weight I don't think anyone would have a problem with that at all. They would probably still have sold just as many and it would have had a positive effect. I do think the cars are cool, yours is really neat, and they should have a place to race. That place should be super stock. NHRA should also own up to the fact that they screwed the pooch on the HP factors and put an appropriate factor on them, not botch the AHFS so that is screws everyone. This deal is such a fiasco, and there isn't even an attempt by NHRA to make it look lie they weren't bought off.

****once again, i have nothing against anyone who races one of these cars. This is purely about the factories and NHRA*******
Old 12-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

I think the new cars are great. Just obscenely under rated. That was not nessecary. The low life weasels at Ford and Chrysler that pulled those bogus hp ratings out of their rears and submited them to NHRA are the original problems. That "let's screw the others over" kind of mentality is one thing wrong with big business right now. Not having new cars racing. The straight up racers will run them hard enough to get the hp hits they deserve. The guys that were slow before and are suddenly well under the indexes will just think they are fast now, and that their last car was over rated is the reason they were slow. They will think everything is OK now and try to protect the ratings instead of taking the hits.
If GM tried to do anything they would screw it up anyway.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #18
Alex Denysenko

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
The low life weasels at Ford and Chrysler that pulled those bogus hp ratings out of their rears and submited them to NHRA are the original problems. That "let's screw the others over" kind of mentality is one thing wrong with big business right now. If GM tried to do anything they would screw it up anyway.
Low life weasels?
A bit harsh don't you think?

Based on your assesment I guess they were probably tutored by Arlen Fadely and Fred Simmons right Ed?
Two of the original modern day "low life weasels" doling out fictitious horsepower numbers, wouldn't you agree.
Why all of this unnecessary name calling?
As Jeff Teuton said in his post, this has been going on since 1955.
I for one am thankful for Ford and Mopar taking a proactive invlovement with NHRA/IHRA class racing just as GM did for so many years previous.
FYI
The Ford Racing booth at PRI had to be one of the most visited of all the displays that did not offer any half naked women models.

Last edited by Alex Denysenko; 12-12-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Alex Denysenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #19
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

I don't think it is too harsh. Name another combo as badly under rated as this new stuff.
Name a group of engines like this as under rated as this new stuff.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 12-12-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #20
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

My dad has been to PRI every year since it started, I have been probably 10 times. This year they moved the left wall in by 25 feet or so and did shorten the room in the back but did a great job filling the space so you really wouldn't notice. I was there Thursday and Friday and the Vendors I talked to were suprised by the positive turnout. My dad was at IMIS and it was more round track,sprint car related there is a place for both shows however you are asking alot out of the manufacturers to do 3 shows in 6 weeks counting SEMA, something has to give as they cant keep spending that kind of money.
As far as the race programs I wish you guys that bitch all the time would get a life, we have heard you complain over and over and we are tired of it. My son will be in a stocker next year and in 2012, we wont have a challenger or mustang, actually we will have less than 20K in the car turn key and if he gets his *** handed to him heads up so what, we are the ones that decided to show up to a gun fight with a knife. We wont be more than .50 under in F-G-H class car. When you cant outrun the fast older cars in the class you have NO BUSINESS complaining about the newer stuff. Now if you have the fastest older car in the class and you get your *** handed to you by an underfactored newer car then you have a bitch, otherwise give it a break. I for one have never had a fast car and dont really care to spend the $$$ to get there, but you guys that are keyboarding it to death arent fast either when comparing apples to apples.

At the end of the day I will continue racing with my boys as long as I can, its what we do, it keeps their grades all A's and its what my family does. My dad was lucky enough to do it for a living for years and when he was doing it he worked harder than anyone and rarely got outrun heads up. Figure out where you fit in and go for it, otherwise give the new car bitch a break.

Herb Jr
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote