Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #21
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Just posted on NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjohnston View Post
I think IHRA would get alot more cars if the rules were enforced and they didn't have a class for everything, including your lawmower!. Get rid of the SPZ2-23A WTF classes!.
Just as I said.....Its mentality such as this is what Im talking about.. Those SS/Production classes are left over from the AHRA days and when IHRA was first formed. It included BOTH the NHRA and AHRA classes. Not much different than the SS/AS, or SS/CM, etc. that we see in NHRA S/S today. Over 3/4 of those classes no longer exist over the last several years. I worked for them for 22 years and never saw a lawn mower in eliminations yet. Or are you talking about fuel funny cars?
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #22
Donnie Moore Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Donnie Moore Jr.
Default Re: Just posted on NHRA

I agree with T HALL ,in 1997 I won IHRA WINTERNATIONALS in SS with my dads car ,wanted to run SS in nhra va. divisonal already had membership & number had approved physical (nhra)
called MR. COLLINS about getting chassis certified and making license passes at Va div race ,was told to call MR.HOLT he said NO,my dad spoke with someone they said to call back and ask them
if I could make license pass at the end of the line of the qualifying because they had seen others do it before.I called MR. HOLT back and ask him he said call MR.COLLINS he said NO for me to get my stuff done at a nhra track not at a div. race they didn't have time to deal with it and don't call back and ask again at first I was mad but then I said it is there rules so go with , but then I go with my dad to div. race in VA. and on friday 1st. qualifying pass there was a car at the end of the line very well known SS car with a new driver on second pass i ask him if he was making license runs and he said yes
so now I'm pissed so I went to 1 of the 2 az holes that told me no and they laughed and said if U had brought the car maybe we would have let u run ........the rest is history my membership expired in 1997 and have never thought of renewing and never will !!!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #23
7881 Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 7881 Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason oldfield View Post
"pending changes to the online credential system" (whatever that means). :
In response to the online credential system. They had a trial run at Pomona, I had regular credentials while my husband had a printed scanned online credential. Which stated you could only enter threw gate 15 or gate 17 at Pomona. Mind you security EVERYWHERE questioned him in the lanes because none of them were educated on the paper printed scan ticket.

Sunday morning we walked out to get breakfast threw gate 15. When we returned they stated we could not enter because no one is able to enter threw this gate walking in. They told us we had to walk ALL the way around the facility and go to gate 17. Mind you at gate 17 they did not even have a scanner to scan my husband ticket and we still would not have been able to get in.

So creative me saw a mini van with one guy and I asked him if we could hop in so we can enter threw the gate 15 in a vehicle. The security was fine with it. STUPID
Old 11-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #24
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Unhappy Re: Just posted on NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by j gardiner View Post
It's funny how IHRA is practically begging people to come race with them and alot of racers won't give them the time of day. NHRA dumps all over there racers and guys can't get enough of it.
If IHRA, could extend it's track membership further west than San Antonio, Tx., then I'd go to there races too...I can't afford to travel several hundred (+) miles to race, hence my post of last week (the NFL/NHRA thing)...
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #25
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: Just posted on NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe176 View Post
It wouldn't bother me if they totally seperated Pro and Sportsman racing events...and it looks like it wouldn't bother them either.
Perhaps we can get Jeg's Mail Order to add another one or two sportsnational events to their schedule, cause it sure wouldn't bother me to have a sportsman only national event tour!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #26
joe176

Liked 41 Times in 9 Posts

Hoorrrahhhh Gary !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be great if we had one at Maple Grove or E town for the Div 1 racers.

Last edited by joe176; 11-25-2008 at 11:30 PM.
joe176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #27
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts
Question Re: Just posted on NHRA

Quick question.....

How do you get a BRONZE card?
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #28
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Wink Re: Just posted on NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe176 View Post
Hoorrrahhhh Gary !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be great if we had one at Maple Grove or E town for the Div 1 racers.
Joe;
Forget Englishtown.Between the curfew and the less than sportsman friendly management a better prospect would be Atco.I think Sway would be receptive to such a race.Instead of Sept. LODRS race have a Sports Nationals.

Ed
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #29
Bill Harris

Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts

I used to race a LOT of IHRA, especially when I lived in NC. However, IHRA is never going to draw a major crowd in class racing (stock and SS) as long as there are so many 1/8th mile events. I think IHRA is great, and treats the racers like kings compared to NHRA, but I think there are too many like myself that just cannot stand 1/8th mile racing in class.

Just my opinion, not worth a nickel.
Bill Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:50 AM   #30
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sean Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
If IHRA expanded their territory to the left coast, there is a big possibility they could put a hurt on NHRA.
I'll second this.

And to the people asking us to support IHRA... I'm going to do everything i can to attend edmonton this year in an attempt to win your faulty championship.

Send some more events out here and we'll show up.

I encourage all fellow northwest racers to take a long hard look at this event.
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote