HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #11
joe176

Liked 41 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Just posted on NHRA

It wouldn't bother me if they totally seperated Pro and Sportsman racing events...and it looks like it wouldn't bother them either.
joe176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #12
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who cares!? F-em!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #13
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

Right on Tony..... I am not looking to hard for my next car.....
I got ride of my ride at the right time.
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:34 PM   #14
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

You could probably get away with a grade 1 and still enter some nationals...but it's doubtful. I think NHRA just forced your hand to run more divisional events.
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #15
Tony Janes

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

The two Vegas races in 2009 with quotas of 130 for Super Stock and Stock should be no problem with one grade point.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 PM   #16
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Just posted on NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by j gardiner View Post
It's funny how IHRA is practically begging people to come race with them and alot of racers won't give them the time of day. NHRA dumps all over there racers and guys can't get enough of it.
Its been that way since the beginning of IHRA. Its mostly about NHRA "EGO" and what most hard core NHRA racers think is a second class deal . IHRA has tried hard over the years and survived many ups and downs. Most dont realize that if they supported IHRA more then the association could grow and aquire better tracks, more help, more and better sponsers, and more knowledgeable tech personnel to perform the required inspections. They have done a lot with so little. Ive had my ups and downs and diagreements with management but to be honest.....I would rather race or work for free with IHRA than work with NHRA and be paid. If you can call what most NHRA tech people make getting paid. Dont get me wrong....I have some great friends who work for NHRA but they do it for the love of the sport and because of the racers just as I did for so many years for IHRA. I worked for NHRA in 1974-75 and believe me.....theres NO comparison between the two. Contrary to popular belief.....NHRA management cannot "Walk on Water". Terry Bell
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #17
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Its been that way since the beginning of IHRA. Its mostly about NHRA "EGO" and what most hard core NHRA racers think is a second class deal . IHRA has tried hard over the years and survived many ups and downs. Most dont realize that if they supported IHRA more then the association could grow and aquire better tracks, more help, more and better sponsers, and more knowledgeable tech personnel to perform the required inspections. They have done a lot with so little. Ive had my ups and downs and diagreements with management but to be honest.....I would rather race or work for free with IHRA than work with NHRA and be paid. If you can call what most NHRA tech people make getting paid. Dont get me wrong....I have some great friends who work for NHRA but they do it for the love of the sport and because of the racers just as I did for so many years for IHRA. I worked for NHRA in 1974-75 and believe me.....theres NO comparison between the two. Contrary to popular belief.....NHRA management cannot "Walk on Water". Terry Bell
I think IHRA would get alot more cars if the rules were enforced and they didn't have a class for everything, including your lawmower!. Get rid of the SPZ2-23A WTF classes!.
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #18
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Wink Re: Just posted on NHRA

Easy on that class. That's the class I run with my 38 Hudson Fastback red in color of course.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #19
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

If IHRA expanded their territory to the left coast, there is a big possibility they could put a hurt on NHRA.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #20
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Fred, maybe if you understood what the SS/P classes were you wouldn't be so hard on them.(Basically stock bore/stroke w/ modified corporate match heads and single carb) The "p" or "production classes go back to the beginning of IHRA in the '70's. Actually, "production" classes were around before SS/GTzxylm classes that NHRA started if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they should do away w/ GT classes? Bottom line is there are rules for production class cars just like the other SS classes, take away SS/P racers and you lose about 30% or more of your entries. I haven't seen the lawn mower class yet...but who knows whats next!