HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-23-2019, 12:22 AM   #11
Rod Greene

Liked 204 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: Stacking at St. Louis

[QUOTE=1320racer;598166]there is nothing "legitimate" about this latest self serving complaint, it just that infringes on his plans.[/QUOTEh

I don't know you but I do know when you were on here all the time before you were an A**. Now that you are back it is even worse and from what I understand you are just a bracket racer. Take your sheet somewhere else.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:35 AM   #12
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

there's that I think I'm special cause I'm a class racer attitude. News flash, you're a bracket racer every time you put a dial in on your window.

you don't know me so take your sheet somewhere else
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:46 AM   #13
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
there's that I think I'm special cause I'm a class racer attitude. News flash, you're a bracket racer every time you put a dial in on your window.

you don't know me so take your sheet somewhere else
any customer of any business should be treated with respect and consideration after all the Customers pay the bills for any company, business, or a non-profit organization. I understand the issues from all sides and with a few racers as well as some businesses the stacking problem and pitting problem can be solved if they want it to
Old 09-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #14
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

One year they did the same thing at the Gatornationals a few years back before they started the Baby Gators thing. Would not let anyone stack at the track. To say the least it was a cluster. We had to hunt to find a place to park two 60+ foot rigs for two days. Then there was a big traffic jam at the track when everyone showed up at 6 am to get pitted. The track had personnel there so what is the big deal. Especially when they are coming directly from another race the weekend before. They actually paid a police officer to sit there and turn the racers away 24 hours a day. Probably would have been cheaper to pay someone to manage the stacking. Lets face it most of us know how it works.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #15
ssracer3821

Liked 113 Times in 30 Posts

We were at the Gators the year they sent us to Orlando and we stayed at a shopping center for a few days because the pits were flooded. Stacking and Tech used to be a shopping center near Trails when they had the Springnationals there. If they can't stack at the track maybe NHRA could at least make arrangements for a reasonable alternative.

Last edited by ssracer3821; 09-23-2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: not worth the controversy
ssracer3821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-23-2019, 10:30 AM   #16
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Stacking at St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
As a former class racer, but one who still follows the sport closely, I no longer have a dog in the fight. Something always confuses me though. NHRA continues to pull this stuff and treat class racers like red-headed step-children, the racers complain (which they completely have the right to do) YET they continue to go back and support them. Quit and run NMCA. What would NHRA do if not one single class car showed up? Hard to take people's complaints seriously when they'll be at the next race continuing to take their crap. Just my 2 cents.
Problem is the small fact that the NMCA is part of NHRA now ! I don't know how MUCH they are together but they are.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #17
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

my money is green and good everywhere and I assume yours is too. No one is forcing anyone to compete at an NHRA event. If you don't like how they stack, park, run the event or pay the winner/runner up and requirements to collect contingency sponsor money, stop the useless complaining and negative comments about everything NHRA and do us all a favor and quit going. You won't be missed!

Last edited by 1320racer; 09-23-2019 at 10:52 AM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #18
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts

1320 I think you would like being a class racer in S/SS when shoe polish is not needed.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #19
sully3358

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

There is a truck storage lot across the street behind the truck stop and other venues in the region to park.
sully3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #20
Tar Heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Problem is the small fact that the NMCA is part of NHRA now ! I don't know how MUCH they are together but they are.
I did not realize that; thank you for the clarification. I stand corrected.

Well ... just do what we did; put mufflers and drag radials on the "race car", buy a lawn chair, and go grow with your significant other at car shows. Not much from our end to complain about there. A whole lot cheaper too!
Liked