HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 08-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #11
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Pourciau View Post
I admit I have never driven a sprint car..... but I do know when you press the gas pedal with the horsepower those cars have, the rearend is going to kick to the right side not the left.
its actually opposite, it should turn left but will go into a controlled slide. Either way sucks for both tony and kevin.

One thing i do not agree with is the way the media is treating this, if joe schmo ran the poor guy over you would probably not even know

Last edited by AC; 08-10-2014 at 09:46 PM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:10 AM   #12
Bunkster

Liked 43 Times in 10 Posts

If there was ever an example of what a top fueler would be like on dirt and going in a circle, these 410 inch sprint cars would be it. They are a breathtaking display of violent machinery that even when under expert control, are out of control. If you’ve never witnessed them live and up close, you haven’t lived.

Too bad this kid got killed, but it appears he was quite a hot head lacking basic common sense. To think this was anything but an accident would be moronic. Even when idling around during a yellow, it is organized chaos. And that's with a fresh tear-off.
Bunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #13
Lou Jeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

tony stewart is a VERY ignorant hot head. He has proved his stupidity time and time again. I still do not shop at Home Depot because of his STUPID outbursts. What a shame a young man was murdered by a hot head punk bully. Shame on the LITTLE man tony stewart.
Lou Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #14
Rusty Davenport

Liked 100 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Jeffery View Post
tony stewart is a VERY ignorant hot head. He has proved his stupidity time and time again. I still do not shop at Home Depot because of his STUPID outbursts. What a shame a young man was murdered by a hot head punk bully. Shame on the LITTLE man tony stewart.
does that excuse the ignorance of walking in a black firesuit at night on a "live" race track acting like it is WWF instead of racing ??? Leave the drama off the track please, stay in the car you stand a better chance of living.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #15
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:

Murder, lol , talk about stupid outbursts. This kid is known for running onto the track, what happen between him and stewart was a racing incident and he should have just sucked it up. Instead now everyone thinks tony is a bully.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #16
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

Tony most likely was looking at the track works(emergency vehicles) coming from the left and not expecting the young man to jump in front of him.

my 2 cents
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #17
philbilly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

suicide not murder!! its the kids fault, it is a sad out come for sure.
philbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #18
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

I have driven a sprint car before, granted it was only 25 laps in someone else's car and those throttles are so touchy , but getting back to the crash, I have watched the video a bunch, remember these cars have no radio's from spotter to driver, Tony didn't know why the yellow came out as if you watched the video he really never hit him ran him up high, but when Kevin got out of the car, you will look, tony is running right behind the blue and white car in front of him, and the blue and white car swerved to miss from hitting Kevin standing out there and I honestly don't think Tony was paying attention except for following the car in front of him and swerved at the last second when he finally seen him and the wide back tire and bar that is in front of back tire to the frame got him. Bad deal plan and simple, feel bad for both parties but Tony shouldn't get anything out it law wise. Just my feelings.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #19
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

People that know nothing about those cars make some of these idiotic statements. I took a break from drag racing from 1980 through 1990 to race one of those things. I hired a driver.
If you have not worn one of those helmets with several tear-offs on the visor, and lights shining at you from the outside of the track, and see a driver dumb enough to wear a black fire suit at a night race, next to a black car, that is asking to get your tail run over. The driver's vision is not that great under those conditions. Those cars do not mauever like a car on pavement with a differential. They will not stop on a dime, on dirt. The brakes are configured to "set" the car on entry when running the bottom, not stop it suddenly.

That kid was dumb enough to get out of the car and throw a tantrum like a two year old, stepping in front of a car going about 40 MPH, instead of acting like a man and going to talk to Stewart after the race. Well, I'm sorry, but he asked for it. It is really sad that he died from his idiotic antics. No rational person is going to think that even Tony Stewart would run over somebody on purpose.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #20
Lou Jeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe tony stewart DID NOT go to the race track with intentions of killing anyone. However he DID lose control of himself and in the course of his actions he killed a young man. Search tony stewart on youtube and you will see how level headed and what a sportsman he is. Have a wonderful day!
Lou Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote