HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #521
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

John "FINESPLINE"

And many shots too!!!
If I could only go back to 1968, and use my 'then' college trust fund to purchase a couple of cars.
Amazing, how many of them became available in late 1969 and 1970,
right after the Winternationals.
$5500 was just about the going price for a non Big Name car.

pc
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #522
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Paul
WHOA!!! Hold on there Bubba-Louie!!!! The Ed Miller car is NOT mine, I am just doing a bunch of work on it for the owner. At this time I am not at liberty to say what car number it is, or the paint scheme that's going on it, because it is not mine. Sorry!!!

JSL Racing
To return one of these cars back to it's 68-70 status is like walking a tightrope. Most of them went through many modifications, some alot more than others. Remember these things were just workhorses back then & collectability was nowhere in the picture. Very few cars survived uncut in some way or another. When a person wants to restore one of these things, first off you have to decide from what era you want it to resemble, because they changed alot through the years of racing. You don't want to remove anymore of the original car than you absolutely have to, because you have to keep as much of the cars identity as possible. Each car is different in how much you gotta replace. So it is a balancing act, & ultimately it is up to the owner how he wants it done. But, yes,rust free parts cars are a absolute asset when restoring a Hurst car. When you think of it tho, just about any car that requires any kind of resto. work will require some sort of parts car.

M68
You keep on blowing me away with your pix. HOLY CRAP Man.!!! Very Cool!!!! Keep them coming!!!!. Even after I find the history on my car,(if that ever happens) this thead will continue due to the input & interest yous' guys are putting into it. Well Done!!!

Liteweight
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #523
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINESPLINE View Post
Paul, You have found heaven in this thread. Daryl and you have to get together for a few cold ones when this is all over. LOL ------John
Finespline
If Paul finds the history to my car, I will come down there & take him out his favorite Italiano resturant, and I live in Mid West Canada , but he's going to have to put up with me for the weekend.

Lightweight
Daryl
Old 09-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #524
JSLRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Daryl.. is your car completely back halfed or just tubed to the frame rail and the springs moved in.. you have a ton of rubber under yours.
JSLRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #525
Liteweight
VIP Member

It retains all it's original fiberglass & sheet metal, including the frame rails & location of them. It did have a set of sheetmetal inner tubs only installed in the 70's sometime, but they have since been removed & a set of original inner tubs from a parts car have been put in, up against the frame rails. There is a filler installed between the inners & the outers.
Ya, I like the big rear tire thing on these things, & it hooks HARD too!!!.

Liteweight
Daryl
Old 09-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #526
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Finespline
If Paul finds the history to my car, I will come down there & take him out his favorite Italiano resturant, and I live in Mid West Canada , but he's going to have to put up with me for the weekend.

Lightweight
Daryl
LOL------Daryl, I have never met Paul but I am sure that he knows where to go. I believe he lives somewhere within 45 minutes of NYC. Honestly I believe Paul will find the information you seek on your car.

Last edited by FINESPLINE; 09-20-2010 at 09:45 PM.
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #527
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

This just sounds illegal.

Whose is it?
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #528
davezinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Charlie A, that car is supposed to be Bob Lambeck's Dart

Daryl, have you looked into any connection maybe of your car to one of Max Hurley's Dart's?

Dave

Last edited by davezinn; 09-21-2010 at 04:48 PM.
davezinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #529
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Paul
WHOA!!! Hold on there Bubba-Louie!!!! The Ed Miller car is NOT mine, I am just doing a bunch of work on it for the owner. At this time I am not at liberty to say what car number it is, or the paint scheme that's going on it, because it is not mine. Sorry!!!

JSL Racing
To return one of these cars back to it's 68-70 status is like walking a tightrope. Most of them went through many modifications, some alot more than others. Remember these things were just workhorses back then & collectability was nowhere in the picture. Very few cars survived uncut in some way or another. When a person wants to restore one of these things, first off you have to decide from what era you want it to resemble, because they changed alot through the years of racing. You don't want to remove anymore of the original car than you absolutely have to, because you have to keep as much of the cars identity as possible. Each car is different in how much you gotta replace. So it is a balancing act, & ultimately it is up to the owner how he wants it done. But, yes,rust free parts cars are a absolute asset when restoring a Hurst car. When you think of it tho, just about any car that requires any kind of resto. work will require some sort of parts car.

M68
You keep on blowing me away with your pix. HOLY CRAP Man.!!! Very Cool!!!! Keep them coming!!!!. Even after I find the history on my car,(if that ever happens) this thead will continue due to the input & interest yous' guys are putting into it. Well Done!!!

Liteweight
Daryl
Thanks, Daryl, Paul, etc. I'm just sharing what I've found on the 'net over the years. Speaking of which, is this the same Ed Miller Barracuda you're working on...or a different car?

M68
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #530
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

M68
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote