Old 10-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #71
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts
Default Re: 64 Plymouth GT/EA in Ennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris DeGidio View Post
T-10 was also used in 1963
Yes, I think you are correct, but not with the max wedges. 383s and 361s?
Thanks,
Bill
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #72
Mopar Steve

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post
Yes, I think you are correct, but not with the max wedges. 383s and 361s?
Thanks,
Bill
383 B-bodies only if I remember correctly.
Mopar Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #73
jimi

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
I might step on some toes here but it could be the "East Coast" and "West Coast" rule book deal.....LOL. If its a clone (or real) of a steel Hemi car then the front fenders and hood must be STEEL and have a hinged hood with an alum. scoop. If its a MAX Wedge body (clone or real) it should have a hinged alum hood, scoop and fenders. Max Wedge STEEL cars never had a hood scoop. The only lift off hoods in 1964 were the 330 2 door sedans and 2 door sedan Savoys but Im not saying all of the 2 door Hemi sedans had lift off hoods. As John Lang said some most likly came (Late Build date) with hinged hoods. One more car......several years ago Dave Wren and Mopar somehow got a 2 door hardtop Belvedere with an Alum front end legal and in the class guide using a race Hemi to drop into a lower class and it was runner up at Indy a long time ago. If this is the combo in question then the hood should still be hinged. Mother MOPAR made some wierd stuff when it suited them or NHRA rules dictated it. Maybe Carrol Shelby wrote a letter.....LOL. and the games continue.
terry i have the paper work givin to my dad by farmer in the early 1980's that states in s/s these cars (322 body) can run all of the aluminum(fenders doors hood scoop single head light grill etc) hinged hood with light springs etc. my father and uncle george ran ss/ba from 1984 with our car and it is still a ss/ba car now, the only thing we were not allowed to use was the afx plexiglass front windshield (travis made sure of that), the paper work even allows the use of plexi or lexan replacement side windows as long as it is the same thickness as the light weight glass.
that is the nice part of ss/gt for the mopars ,hood scoop hemi car with a 273,340,361b block? any thing is possible
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #74
jimi

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Still waiting for all the Hemi experts out there to tell me whats the deal on the 1964 hood pins. Henged or pined or both????
my aluminum hood is from a maxwedge car it is a hinged hood. i always understood that only the aluminum sedan "savoy's" had 4 hood pins.
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #75
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: 64 Plymouth GT/EA in Ennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi View Post
my aluminum hood is from a maxwedge car it is a hinged hood. i always understood that only the aluminum sedan "savoy's" had 4 hood pins.
The 1964 Hemi Alum front end 2 door Plymouth Savoys and 330 Dodge 2 door sedans assembly line produced for S/S (and A/FX) are the cars I was refering to and are the ones that CAME factory equiped with 4 threaded rods and large wing nuts to hold the hoods on with. I was NOT talking about the Belvedere 2 door hard tops (alum or steel) or made up cars like Dave Wrens Fury hard top. Farmer could have made them do anything back in the day. and it became a "trickel down" effect after all of the 45+ years.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #76
jarn05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
The 1964 Hemi Alum front end 2 door Plymouth Savoys and 330 Dodge 2 door sedans assembly line produced for S/S (and A/FX) are the cars I was refering to and are the ones that CAME factory equiped with 4 threaded rods and large wing nuts to hold the hoods on with. I was NOT talking about the Belvedere 2 door hard tops (alum or steel) or made up cars like Dave Wrens Fury hard top. Farmer could have made them do anything back in the day. and it became a "trickel down" effect after all of the 45+ years.
i still have the paper work from farmer if i can figure how to scan and post it i will.
jarn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #77
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi View Post
Is this the "6.40" combo that had the hood "pins"? I think these had the aluminum doors and hinges as well as all the other aluminum parts from the lightweight package.

Formerly Mr340 (had to change the name to get into the Competitor's only area)
Old 10-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #78
GRAPE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
On page 124 Hemi The Ultimate American V-8 book It shows a 1964 Dodge Hemi with 4 hood pins coming of the assembly line.On page 25 Nov. 1994 Super Stock & Drag Illustrated it shows a 1964 Pic.at the US Nationals of Color Me Gone with 4 hood Pins.
GRAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #79
GRAPE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

On page 124 Hemi The Ultimate American V-8 book It shows a 1964 Dodge Hemi with 4 hood pins coming of the assembly line.On page 25 Nov. 1994 Super Stock & Drag Illustrated it shows a 1964 Pic.at the US Nationals of Color Me Gone with 4 hood Pins.
GRAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #80
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Here is Jim's old car