HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 09-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
1legjerry

Liked 58 Times in 8 Posts
Default Line lock with ABS brakes ????

Planning to start bracket racing my new to me 1993 chevy 1/2ton truck. Currently the truck is all stock. I would like to install front and rear line locks. 1 butten for the front to help with burnouts, and 1 button for all four brakes to hold the truck at the line(800-1000 rpm). I don't have a left leg to hold the brake and have my right foot on the gas at the sametime.

My other option is to rig up a hand brake like the wheelchair guys use. but i don't want that in the the car for everyday driving.

So the questions are.
Can you run dual line locks legally in summit sportsman class (D7 nhra)?

Will the line locks mess up the anti lock brakes? (i think this truck is rear only not sure)

What are your opinions on the hand brake?
1legjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
magnumv8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Line lock with ABS brakes ????

Jerry....line-locks are front wheel only by the rulebook....as far as interfering with the rear antilock system that shouldn't be an issue (I ran a truck for a long time with the same setup)....sometimes I would get a "brake indicator" light on the dash but it was a non issue....as far as holding the truck on the starting line, I have seen a couple one legged drivers, one used a hand brake and the other used the "road racing" trick of heel and toe that does take some practice to master...only holding 800 to 1000 rpm it shouldn't take a lot of brake pressure to hold your truck on the line even with a stock convertor......

D L Rambo.....
magnumv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
1legjerry

Liked 58 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Line lock with ABS brakes ????

I was thinking the rules might have change about line locks. haven't seen a rule book for about 6-7 years when sold my race car. I was liking the idea of having a button in the car like my old transbrake car. I might try just one line lock and see if it will hold it. if not i rig up a hand brake. i don't see how i can make heel-toe consistant enough.
1legjerry is offline   Reply With Quote