HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 04-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Deserves its own Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1761
I have been trying to talk Kevin Sway into this but I am wondering how many people out there would be interested? Have a .90 Gamblers weekend (Similiar to the Mitchell races)
3 races- fri,sat, sun run the .90 classes with Top Sportsman and Dragster....No dealing with NHRA or sticker money.... cash at the end of the day

I think if the timing of race was right it would draw a lot of cars! I'll be there would also help out in organizing it! Call me 732-239-6490 732-239-6490 Tommy De

Doesnt have to be just Atco, what a great idea. Opinions??
Old 04-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Deserves its own Thread

me like, as long as the entry fee is not CRAZY.
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
SC1317

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Gillespie View Post
me like, as long as the entry fee is not CRAZY.
Ditto...I'd go! Would be nice if it was week before or after a D1 race that was fairly close. Atco is 6-7 hours for me and would rather just take extended vaca and stay in the area.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts

Ok, so I have to put my 2 cents in on the subject and see what everyone thinks. Now I agree with Jim that a 3 day sportsman type race would be great and it would be all about the sportsman racer but, you have associations that are out there that are not NHRA in D-1 that already do this. You have Dave Ley's EC Stock and Super Stock, MASGA and now the Super Comp Series is back. Most of these series already have a 2 day race within a race for the sportsman guy. They run 2 races in a weekend to cut down on the cost of towing, you get 2 time shots on both days and then go into 1st round not, 2 time shots on a Thursday when it's 95 degrees out and then you run 1st round on a Friday at 8am and 55 degrees out. June 5th and 6th you have Super Gas and Super Comp at Atco a week before the National at E-Town. I'm sure Joe would allow you to leave your trucks and trailers at the track till Wednesday. July 10th & 11th at Maple Grove it's almost like a National Event for sportsman guys, with S/G and S/C Sat and Sun, Stock and Super Stock on Sunday. MASGA is at Cecil the week before the D-1 Race and the S/C Series is at Maple Grove that same weekend which is a quick hour, hour and half drive to Cecil. The one thing to remember is you don't have to join the points to run these races, everyone is welcomed ( I mean we've had a dude from California run the past 2 MASGA Races at Cecil). What I think we should really do is have someone look into forming a Super Street Series in this area (I know they have a successful one up in upstate N.Y. but thats a drive). Set the series up, Piggy back it onto the Super Comp and Super Gas Series and bam you have a .90 weekend type series. If it's payout that your worried about talk to the guys who run the series, I'm sure Tom Boyle and Lucky are not going to push you away if you have a suggestion. They try there best to keep the entry fees to a decent minimum so your not having to take out a 2nd mortgage on your home to race and to be honest with you the payouts are not that bad for a 32 car race. The more cars we get the better the payout.

Just my .02 cents
Rob K. (rekeister@aol.com)
1198 S/Gas
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
d1hitter
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

enough with the plugs, answer the question.......
d1hitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts

sounds ok to me but a lot of other races and only so many weekends in a season...
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
JJ3159

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i lke the upstate n.y. idea
Old 04-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts

d1hitter I'm not plugging anything or here to start a posting war, I'm just stating the facts. Between D-1 Races, National Opens, Bracket Races and Association Races why go and add more races to an already packed schedule. Get with the people who run an already established series and throw the idea at them, support that and say "Hey how bout we do a 3 day .90 series weekend....I have a list of 30 racers who said they would support the race and would come so let's get the ball rolling".
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm in agreement with Rob and Bryan..

There are lots of races already for .90 racers....maybe not as many in the south for S/ST, the only series around here is the NESSA at LVD and also one run at NE dragway...

But as Rob says, if there is that much interest in running SST races, why dont the SST racers get with Rob, and tag along with the MASGA races ? I would bet most tracks would be receptive to additional cars coming in, but you need a head on the horse (just like the other series) to run the race, collect money, get the ladder, etc...

I'm sure that D1 Hitter would be glad to help the SST guys out !
Old 04-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
FOR REAL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can not take this.my dad always says you have to spend cash to make cash.will not waste my time if its not a BIG pay out.yea lets pay 25.00 to win 100.00. **** that.200.00 per day to get in.
FOR REAL is offline   Reply With Quote