HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #11
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

If you drove into the lanes you are ready to race, if your lane moves and you are NOT ABLE to move you are done unless your paired partner allows you time to repair (not required). I have many times pulled next to friends, family, and heavy hitters, you have to WIN rounds to win a race and if you cant beat a friend, family or a heavy hitter, YOU DONT DESERVE TO WIN.

I just feel that a ladder first round is a waste of time because it isnt like Div1 can finish these races as is, nevermind adding more classes and more ladders.

Lets race if you win you win, we all go division racing for the fun anyway, racing is what we do between the fun and partys.

Flip Cup & Beer Pong 2007

Thanks,
Chris DePascale
S/C 1153....Addicted Racing
Jad153@aol.com
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:57 PM   #12
hookdaddy

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Here's what happened to us @ the MG Open. We were out past the line (and the fence for that matter) for first round, the person pulling the cars pointed to my son AND Ray Skipper. We went to the water, Ray's car didn't start we waited and the next thing you know they pulled the car behind Ray around (Jon Jon ) and we had to run him. I figured Ray's out!! Wrong!! Next thing you know Ray's car starts and here's now paired with Jacki Rogge!! WTF. I've known Dave for a hundred years or so - so later in the day I asked him "What's the policy because I obviously I don't have it right" He said "we pull the next car in line" I said "what about the car that doesn't start?" He told me whenever it start's we'll put him in line. We're here to run races, not singles" I said duck season is now open, I guess if I don't like my pairing next time my car just won't start either." and I left.

We won't be at Atco - we learned our lesson but it looks like we made our point.

Don Scholl
S&W Race Cars
hookdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 AM   #13
Pete Sanca

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am new to the web site, maybe I should be sitting back for a while and just reading, but I have to say.....Lets just shut the hell up and race! I am sure there are "duck hunters" out there, so let them do their thing. For the most part, no one does this for a living. There are alot bigger things going on in the world then Div. 1 random pairings. Next time you want to complain about how we are paired, think of the guys that scraped every last dime and loaded up their family just to go racing, think about our soldiers fighting just so we can be doing this! Most of the people who play games dont win, and its much more fun beating someone that is playing games anyway! Just a thought!

H.A.A.C. Racing
Pete Sanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:17 AM   #14
kmrt1055

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Super Comp Kid -

I hope this is a joke:

I am in favor of this new policy and I think it will help stop a certain Super Comp Racer/Transmission builder and his wife from playing games in the Staging lanes.

Debbie Moses

AKA : Super Comp Race/Transmission builders wife

kmrt1055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #15
sg1838

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to agree with Tom here. I don't know who did what at Maple Grove that prompted this, but the "random pairing" in D1 has been a joke for a long time. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people park at the back of the lanes to wait for their "chosen" opponent. I can tell you that I would certainly give up lane choice to race a guy that I knew couldn't get better than an .050 light, or better, knew that he was running his car flat out and couldn't run the number because of the weather conditions.

A ladder is the BEST way to stop this, but it may not be the most practical because of the time it would take to implement. I've raced at both D1 and D3 races, and I have to say the D3 procedure is MUCH better than that used in D1. The only downside that I can see is that if you're 3 cars from the front, you had better be strapped in your car and ready to go, as it's entirely possible that you could be the 3rd pair pulled, even though there are still 80 cars in the lanes. As I'm sure all of you know, this isn't necessarily the most pleasant thing when it's 90 degrees outside.

But, I would gladly put up with this to know that I can pull into the lanes pretty much whenever I want, be almost assured that I would get the lane that I want, and feel comfortable in the fact that it's going to be a random pair. Now, is it possible that the official at the head of the lanes could be in cahoots with a racer to two and help them get a favorable random pair? Yes, it's possible. But, IMHO, the likelihood of that happening is extremely low compared to a driver duck hunting on his own.

The excuse that D1 can't use the D3 method is just crap. That's just an excuse not to change. And though there are bigger problems in the world, that doesn't mean that this shouldn't be fixed. If somebody's giving it to me in the *** and I don't like it, I'm most certainly not going to keep my mouth shut because there's bigger problems in the world like poverty, war, and world hunger.

Jason Oldfield
S/G & S/ST 1838
sg1838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #16
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I get a kick out of you Jason.....Do you have a minimum word count.....

Just kidding....I still read them....

What ever they do in D3 seems to work pretty well....they line everybody up and they pick from all the lanes.....so you have no idea who you race...

and the bye is picked randomly from the chips that they pick lanes from.....that way there is no human error or favoritism involved...and if you can't pull out....you're done.....The D3 crew has done a really good job....
(especially Red).....

CBS
I guess I can be long winded....also

(I'm finally taking the silverware back out)

CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #17
Pete Sanca

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jason,

If your getting it in the *** and you dont like it, just relax, dont get to stiff, I have been told that would make it better, and as far as keeping your mouth shut, be careful you might not like what goes in there either.

I'm not saying all should be ignored because of other world problems, all I am saying is that we are all doing something we love to do. I look at myself as "the duck" and if a "heavy hitter" is looking for me, I say bring it on! I might lose 4 out of 5 times, but that 1 win will feel pretty special knowing that the clown was looking for me to beat me up.

H.A.A.C. Racing
Pete Sanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #18
sg1838

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rock,

No minimum word count, but I figure that I make myself look smarter by barraging all of you with as many words as possible. For some reason, when it comes to writing I've always found that quantity rather than quality always impressed my college professors and bosses the most...

...and no I'm not kidding, as sad as that may be...

Pete...Very nice rebuttal. I'll try to keep your advice in mind if I ever find myself in one of those precarious positions! [:-laughing-:]

As far as being duck and being hunted, I'm OK with that too. I like the fact that when I go to the races people have no idea who I am because I got a nice big surprise waiting for them! Now, is it the smartest thing in the world to do to say that I WANT to go out and run Haas, Erks, Richardson, Iggie, Connolly, and Sawyer every event? No, but I'll tell you what, if those are the guys I beat to take home the Wally, you can bet that I'll be damn proud of the job I did.

That said, I'm generally not one to be intimidated, and again, I feel like I have something to prove. But, when I see guys of the above-mentioned caliber (not the guys I mentioned as I've never seen any of those guys play those games), it annoys me because they're obviously trying to tip the scales in their favor (I also lose respect for them too, but that's another story). So, I say let's eliminate that possibility, and where we see we can make improvements, let's do so.

Oh, and by the way, congrats on your recent win!

Now that I've called out Rock, he's probably going to hunt me down the next event we're at to make me pay for my long-winded posts...

Jason Oldfield
S/G & S/ST 1838
sg1838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #19
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I am most nervous 1st round for sure....really anybody can beat you in this class...I just assume not race the world champ in the first round (like I did last weekend) because you're going to lose some of those races....those guys win for a reason....they're pretty good at it....but they lose just like everybody else....against the top racers...you're going to win some and lose some....that's just the way it is.......`

I raced Iggy in the 1st round of the All Stars race and I was lucky and he felt sorry for me....and let me win.....and he was pitted next to me....

It was kind of interesting because I wasn't as nervous because I knew I was going to get a tough draw.....no matter who it was.....

So the ticket must be to plan on running the world champ and when you don't....you will have all kinds of confidence....and probably a round win.....

I know I'm in Jason territory...

CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #20
Iggie Boicesco

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've raced mainly in Division 1, 2, and 3. Personally, when it comes to random pairings Division 3 seems to have the best system and it doesn't take long to do the pairings. Only problem,you need someone from the DIVISION to stand in front of the lanes and get it done!

Iggie