HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
BIZMANRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default unanswereed question

about a week ago i asked a question concerning the englishtown national event race. in which the super street entry list went from 50 to 60 racers. back when i raced in 2004 i saw a change from 80 to 50. thats when one class was removed from the activieitys at the event, and every year a different class was droped. in my last year i went to 4, D1 events and finished in 58th place for the year. i though i had no problem getting in. but, then the rules changed and 80 became 50.

now, i'am already to go and getting excitied about racing again. i went on the nhra web site and saw the 61 names . i further noted by looking at the people who were listed that some of them have as few as 2 events attendance.

how did this happen. back in the day the englishtown event sold out in 2 days,

is there something going on? does any body know? in any case i hope to see most of you during the second half of the season

s/st 1739
carlos mendes

Carlos Mendes
BIZMANRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
sg1838

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Carlos,

Good to hear from you again. I'm not sure who got in with a grade point of 2. I had thought that the last people to get in were with a grade point of 4, but I could be mistaken. Maybe a couple of people dropped out and those grade 2's immediately jumped on the opportunity.

I'm not exactly sure why the quota in S/St was lowered from 80 to 60, but I think the lack of participation is due to the increase in gas prices. I posted a similar message asking what was going on, as in my research I found that through Chicago only 6 sportsman classes had completely filled the quota, and half of those were at the Winternationals.

Somebody else responded that the car counts were down due to people being fed up with the way we're being treated by NHRA, but I don't completely buy that one. Yeah, maybe a racer here or there has decided to stay home because they're sick of being NHRA'd, but the rise in gas prices seems like a more plausible reason.

Interestingly enough, I spoke with the VP of NSCA today (Pat Budd), and he told me that car counts are down in the NSCA as well. He also said that he's had conversations with local track owners, and they're complaining of the same thing, and both Pat and the track owners are attributing it to the rise in gas prices.

Anyway, if you want to be guaranteed that you're going to get in to S/St at Englishtown, you had better have a grade point of 6. The last time I was there for the national event (2005) it took a grade of 6 to get in, and even then it sold out in 24 hours. Without a grade of 6, you're taking a gamble that it won't fill up before you get a chance to register (which would be a pretty safe gamble in most cases this year, but who knows about next year).

I hope this helps, and I hope to see you out at the track again soon!

Jason Oldfield
S/G & S/ST 1838
sg1838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Former winners are allowed to race the event, enter anytime even if this is the only race they attend, from what I understand it to be.

Gary

Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
CBS jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats not true only the past winner of the last year.

CBS jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:53 AM   #5
MikeSawyer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Carlos... did you take grade points earned at National Opens into consideration as well? Just because someone only went to 2 LODRS events, in division 1 they could still have 7 or 8 grade points!

Plus you have to take into consideration the 3 year average. What if someone had 10 grade points in 2004 and 2005 but only 2 in 2006. That's still an average of over 7 grade points.

Later!
........... Mike

Mike Sawyer
Sudden Impact Racing
http://www.siracing.com
MikeSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
Pete Sanca

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got in S/G with a grade 2. Never raced the year before, so I had no average. I also turned on the red light in round one and that is why I am able to make this post on Sunday. I am checking N.H.R.A. and rooting for Tom & Chris de, and Ron Steiner! Make your chassis guy proud guys!

H.A.A.C. Racing
Pete Sanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
BIZMANRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks all those to took the time to answer my question. alot better responce than my first post. but, better late than never.

jason, its nice being back though i'm not all the way back yet...lol. there still is the matter of my 427 small block that needs to be finished. i'm such a jerk for not stepping up to the big block when i had a chance. but, i'm just so used to the small block set-up. the weight of it, aand other things that i know from memory. but, the real reason is that even though the motor broke. i still have alot of parts to take off the old motor and put on the new motor. so i guess that i'm not only a jerk but i'm also a stupid one.

to all the others mike, congrats on the runner up at e-town. i guess that was your dad in the car. by the way (if you see this) drag racing.com by summit had that car going through at 191 mph. that was a miss print right?

i never though about the other points (national open) well i guess that i'm just never going to make a national event with being a car dealer and all. but, in looking at the entry list there are a few that i figure don't want anything to do with the event. they have plenty of points and are high in the rankings so they are winners. just wish once i could go. but all this is way in advance since there is much still left to do. i just hope that alchole is the answer to my hot weather wows.

until i see you all again, good luck to all
BIZMANRACING is offline   Reply With Quote