HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #61
Tom Meyer

Liked 303 Times in 106 Posts
Default Re: DRC Commentary

What time will super gas run round one. Now if they try to put that in between TF and Funnny car they will take it to far. Just how much may pepole will you have at 9:30 in the morning to what Kurt get whomped by someone.Tom

Last edited by Tom Meyer; 03-04-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Tom Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #62
Bobby Bennett

Liked 14 Times in 2 Posts

Never believed class racers cared about Super Gas. I always thought most looked down on the class. Learn something new everyday.
Bobby Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #63
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Under the watchful eye of former NHRA and IHRA Pro Stock driver Roy Hill, Kyle Busch raced at Rockingham Dragway Monday. The 31-year-old Busch, who normally drives the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, had a best quarter mile time of 9.16 seconds at 166 miles per hour.
slideshow Kurt Busch, the 2004 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion and one of only 18 drivers to have won races in each of NASCAR’s top three divisions, showed off his vaunted versatility Monday night at Rockingham Dragway at the wheel of a 1970 Dodge Challenger in which he will make his drag racing debut two weeks hence.

Under the watchful eye of former NHRA and IHRA Pro Stock driver Roy Hill, who now operates a professional drag racing school, the 31-year-old Busch, who normally drives the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, had a best quarter mile time of 9.16 seconds at 166 miles per hour.

“We got a lot of homework done,” Busch said, “but we’ve still got a lot to do. The track worked great and I was amazed at how well the car hooked at the 400 foot mark.”

A vintage “muscle car,” Busch’s Challenger is equipped with a turbocharger which, according to Hill, makes it fully capable of sub-9.00 second times although it will be dialed-in to run the 9.90 second standard of the NHRA Super Gas class.

Busch will make his Super Gas debut at the March 11-14 NHRA Tire Kingdom Gatornationals at Gainesville, Fla.

A native of Las Vegas, Busch was the 2000 Craftsman Trucks Rookie-of-the-Year and the 2003 IROC champion before winning the ultimate stock car title in 2004, the first year NASCAR’s premier championship was determined in a Countdown format.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #64
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 703 Times in 206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bennett View Post
Never believed class racers cared about Super Gas. I always thought most looked down on the class. Learn something new everyday.
Bobby, You could not have put it better. .....I'm sorry my friends,but this is a whole lot of whining and complaining about nothing. .......I made light of Buschs' plans on the .90 forum a month ago,and we all had a good laugh. ...........As of today neither Stock or SS is full, or SG..........I seriously doubt NHRA will be bumping anyone to make way for Busch to enter................The only thing I agree on is he should be in the Sportsman pits. ....Think of the spectator traffic that would generate!..............Don't doubt that NHRA will try to engineer a Marquis matchup for him 1st round ,ala Garlets /Fletcher at Indy. ......My 2 cents, Tom.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #65
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts
Question Re: DRC Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blankenship View Post
BIG got in indy and gainsville under the former world champ rule
i think he was a champ sometime before i was born being i am just 58
jim
So Jim,

You don't actually have to be a former NHRA Sportsman Champ in the class you are entering? Did not realize that.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #66
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: DRC Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Goldman View Post
Bobby, You could not have put it better. .....I'm sorry my friends,but this is a whole lot of whining and complaining about nothing. .......I made light of Buschs' plans on the .90 forum a month ago,and we all had a good laugh. ...........As of today neither Stock or SS is full, or SG..........I seriously doubt NHRA will be bumping anyone to make way for Busch to enter................The only thing I agree on is he should be in the Sportsman pits. ....Think of the spectator traffic that would generate!..............Don't doubt that NHRA will try to engineer a Marquis matchup for him 1st round ,ala Garlets /Fletcher at Indy. ......My 2 cents, Tom.
I was not whining ,just showing were he had actually tested his own car . I hope he gets serious with this deal and gets a car that could be competive.I'm not a Bush fan and by no means am i taking up for him. As Dan said in another post it could be anybody. Big Daddy had his little Day at the races in stock and that did not last long either. I like seeing new faces in this sport . Not trying to Bash anyone.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #67
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

not sure all know who this Busch guy is . I know if i saw this person on the street i would not know who or what he looks like so who cares if he wants to race let him race if he can get in the race like everyone else
Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #68
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
why not suggest NHRA eliminate pre-entry to national events. That's a good way to overcrowd the pits and classes!
Really? I thought we were "experiencing the worst recession in decades", "car counts are down", and "quotas still aren't full". I think NHRA has plenty of other policies that help keep the classes from overcrowding...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #69
Henry S

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I bet he gets pulled for the bye first round so that the "media" can show only him winning.
Henry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #70
Jim Wahl
Banned

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Talking Re: DRC Commentary

Mary, any past World Champion can enter any event without grade points, Garlits is a past World Champion. Just one of the perks. Jim
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote