HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-10-2020, 01:50 PM   #31
Pat6868

Liked 66 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Covid 19. Over reaction ?

Interesting to see Sweeden's response to this dilemma. Whether this is successful or not, I wish them health and safety.
Pat6868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #32
SSGT Mustang

Liked 203 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Sledge View Post
Bruce

I understand that people have their own opinions and passions about the Media and Politics, but on the whole, and for as long as I've been around, (76 years) the media and politicians were normally at the top of the list for gross misinformation.

I understand how political leanings can sway peoples opinions of what to believe or not.

Being passionate about anything, including your political thinking, isn't a bad thing but it can lead to not being able to communicate and reason with other people that may not agree with your opinion.

I may be way out of line but it would seem to make more sense to use our passions towards a more productive outcome.

Arguing with other people about this makes no sense when nobody is going to change their mind set. I'm as guilty as anyone.

What positive steps, if any, could be taken?

Using common sense and be being cautious is a pretty safe bet.

RJ
Don't waste your time. The guy has validated almost everything I wrote. He wants me to share my research because he's too lazy to do it. I bet he wants me to pay him for it too.

He's the type of guy who will go out to prove that the media is honest and factual instead of questioning whether the information is honest and factual and making your own conclusions based on what you find from real data.

You just cannot fix it.

Last edited by SSGT Mustang; 04-10-2020 at 02:06 PM.
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #33
Paul Sarvas

Liked 172 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Klein View Post
In my opinion, and I'm not going to get into arguments, just what I observe:
media and the Democrat Party marches to the beat of Media Matters and George Soros
The Republican Party and the Tea Baggers march to the beat of Fox News, Breitbart News, Infowars, The Drudge Report, and Charles Koch. An honest and fun loving group indeed.

pS
Paul Sarvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #34
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

I really love it when a plan finally comes together.....

Y’all deserve one another...

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #35
Paul Sarvas

Liked 172 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
I really love it when a plan finally comes together.....

Me too...

Happy Easter, Mr. Sledge...

pS
Paul Sarvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-10-2020, 04:30 PM   #36
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post
The Republican Party and the Tea Baggers march to the beat of Fox News, Breitbart News, Infowars, The Drudge Report, and Charles Koch. An honest and fun loving group indeed.

pS
Yeah, the Dems and Commies would rather put their faith(am I allowed to use the word faith around Dems?)in life-long politicians, "professional" lawyers and media hearsay from an un-named source.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:54 PM   #37
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGT Mustang View Post
Don't waste your time. The guy has validated almost everything I wrote. He wants me to share my research because he's too lazy to do it. I bet he wants me to pay him for it too.

He's the type of guy who will go out to prove that the media is honest and factual instead of questioning whether the information is honest and factual and making your own conclusions based on what you find from real data.

You just cannot fix it.
You're just talking trash because you are the type of person who is immune to research. You're a closed minded person who is actually too lazy to do research. In fact you only have opinions and have no research that's why you are not responding to my post.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:56 PM   #38
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Yeah, the Dems and Commies would rather put their faith(am I allowed to use the word faith around Dems?)in life-long politicians, "professional" lawyers and media hearsay from an un-named source.
The Dictator that you support has told over 15,000 lies since he has been office. Now refute that with facts.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:02 PM   #39
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Quote:
Bruce

I understand that people have their own opinions and passions about the Media and Politics, but on the whole, and for as long as I've been around, (76 years) the media and politicians were normally at the top of the list for gross misinformation.

I understand how political leanings can sway peoples opinions of what to believe or not.

Being passionate about anything, including your political thinking, isn't a bad thing but it can lead to not being able to communicate and reason with other people that may not agree with your opinion.

I may be way out of line but it would seem to make more sense to use our passions towards a more productive outcome.

Arguing with other people about this makes no sense when nobody is going to change their mind set. I'm as guilty as anyone.

What positive steps, if any, could be taken?

Using common sense and be being cautious is a pretty safe bet.

RJ
My question to SSGTMustang was simply a request to provide his proof about the media lying about Covid 19. He comes back with a bunch of gibberish and attacks me. And I don't put up with that crap. He wants to talk smack but runs for cover when asked to prove his garbage remarks that I take he has gotten from the Dictator in Chief. People need to be called out for this kind of trash talking.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:28 PM   #40
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
The Dictator that you support has told over 15,000 lies since he has been office. Now refute that with facts.
OK Bruce, name some and show me your data to back up your statement.
And don't show me any piddley s##t stuff. I can show you Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Shumer piddley s##t lies all day.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote