HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2019, 12:21 AM   #1
George Wright

Liked 346 Times in 31 Posts
Default 96 Mustang FGT/G

Some of you may remember Jimmy Ronzello's SS/BX Mustang. We quit racing this car back in 2008 after we became involved in the CobraJet program. All of the V6 engines and parts were sold and the car sat for about 10 years. Last summer I began the task of converting this car into a Super Stock FGT/G with a 2012
CobraJet 5.0 Liter naturally aspirated engine. This is the small OEM throttle body combination. I finished the car late last year and took it out to test it on the last day the local track was open. Between a cold slick track and a shifter that did not co-operate I was not able to get a full pass. I was able to make several full passes last week. I plan to run this along with my CobraJet stocker at some Division 3 races this year starting with Columbus. The engine was assembled by Jimmy Ronzello (JRP). I am using a Joel's on Joy C4 transmission and a Coan 7 inch convertor. The car also has a Holley Dominator EFI system. I have some build photos on my phone that need to be edited and resized. I will be posing those in this thread soon.

I originally had a Hurst Quarter Stick in the car, but did not like it. I ended up putting a Turbo Action shifter in it.

I originally wanted to use either a BOSS 302 intake or a CobraJet intake, but they were too tall to fit under the hood. The engine is lowered as much as possible to get the Holley sheet metal intake to fit. You may also notice that I am running an alternator on this Super Stock car.

Video of the first full pass at Milan Dragway on April 24th 2019.

Last edited by George Wright; 05-01-2019 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Typo
George Wright is offline   Reply With Quote