HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-14-2015, 02:39 AM   #11
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: 30x9 Radial Slick For Brackets

Next set we try on the Camaro will be the Goodyears as well.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #12
1700camaro

Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts

Well, right or wrong I ordered my radial slicks. When I started this post I was intending on getting the Hoosier's, but wanted to keep an open mind. I would have considered MT, but like I said their release date was Feb.

I almost changed my mind to run the Goodyear's, but decided on the Hoosier 30x9 R15, C06 compound, lightweight.

Anyway, with the MT 29.5x9 bias tires we pulled 1.40 60's with 70 runs on them & probably have another 30 runs left. When they were fresh we could go 1.38-39 60'.

If anybody cares or would like to hear about the performance of the new tires. I would be more than happy share the information when I get some in Feb.
1700camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:06 PM   #13
1700camaro

Anybody have any input on the shock adjustments for the radials?

This is our shock settings for the bias ply slicks. QA1 stocker star shocks, DA on the rear & SA on the front. #1 setting being loose & #18 being stiff. Currently the rears are set at #5 for the rebound & #10 for the compression. The front is on the #1 setting.

I think I'll try the above setting to start. Then loosen the rebound 1 click at a time & tighten the compression the same way for the rear. The front may have to be tightened. Is this the correct thinking/direction to go when switching from bias to radial?
Old 01-10-2016, 01:11 PM   #14
1700camaro

I was a little apprehensive on using radial slicks for bracket racing. I'm glad I made the decision to use them!

While I had a great racing year, better than planned. The radials played a good part in my success.

Our home track is The Strip in Las Vegas, NV. Most of our racing was done in the daytime with some pretty hot track temps. We also ran in CA. & UT.

We made around 125 runs this year. We had 2 passes that we spun & that was my fault. The 1st time was on cold less than stellar track prep, but not bad by any means. We was using a launch retard, because I thought that was needed for the conditions. My 1 son had made his 1st pass & ran a 9.92 @ 136. He wanted to go into the 80s & I told them the track will not hold it. So, both my sons were admit that I turn off the launch retard. We were rewarded with our 1st spin on the radials, LOL!

The 2nd spin was at the Las Vegas Thanksgiving race. Temps were below freezing during the night. My 1st run early in the morning (track not very warm) I spun. I attribute this spin to not enough burnout. We do a very short burnout & it works great in the heat. We started doing more burnout for the rest of the race & had no problems.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #15
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

We did try the Goodyear's near the end of the season...virtually no difference between them and the Hoosier. I've heard claims of better longevity for the Goodyear, but only time will prove that.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #16
L79racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

would a radial slick be similar to running a stiff side wall bias slick? I would like a stiff side wall on my stick Vette but tire clearance is a problem. I thought maybe trying a radial slick like the Hoosier 18210. Any thoughts?
L79racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #17
1700camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by L79racer View Post
would a radial slick be similar to running a stiff side wall bias slick? I would like a stiff side wall on my stick Vette but tire clearance is a problem. I thought maybe trying a radial slick like the Hoosier 18210. Any thoughts?

I've ran the stiff sidewall bias slick & there's little to no comparison with the radial slick.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #18
Steve OB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Steve OB

M/T makes a Pro Bracket Radial. Might be worth looking into. Fast like a Radial with the longevity of a Bias Ply. They just came out this past spring.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #19
L79racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve OB View Post
M/T makes a Pro Bracket Radial. Might be worth looking into. Fast like a Radial with the longevity of a Bias Ply. They just came out this past spring.
Yea I just read that they are more forgiving than a regular radial. I will look the pro bracket radial.
L79racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #20
Steve OB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Steve OB

My Nephew used them all season this year on a 10.80's bracket car. (28x10.5) He got 316 passes on the first set & only changed them because he was heading to the million. Fast & consistent.