HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2020, 11:06 AM   #51
BBF67

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Lawsuit over cylinder heads

The tech dept has no doubt found many illegal items only to be overridden by the powers that be. Why? More than likely to avoid lawsuits by the competitor towards his engine builder. When push came to shove, the engine builder did not talk to the techman who found the illegal item. The engine builder went straight to the top and confronted the powers that be saying the illegal part had passed tech many times before. Of course those many times before may not have been in tear down but in tech at a points meet probably by a guy who normally teched S/G. Now that some real rules with some teeth in it have been proposed they start rubbing the engine builders the wrong way and all #### breaks loose.
BBF67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #52
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts
Default Re: Lawsuit over cylinder heads.

It would be interesting to know what Mr Gulius motivation to bring a law suit against NHRA. Money, respect. I know he closed his business down supposedly because of this head issue. He is 75 years old. His stuff was always very fast but sometimes didn’t pass tear down. I know of some that got their privilege suspended that were his customers.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:38 AM   #53
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBF67 View Post
The tech dept has no doubt found many illegal items only to be overridden by the powers that be. Why? More than likely to avoid lawsuits by the competitor towards his engine builder. When push came to shove, the engine builder did not talk to the techman who found the illegal item. The engine builder went straight to the top and confronted the powers that be saying the illegal part had passed tech many times before. Of course those many times before may not have been in tear down but in tech at a points meet probably by a guy who normally teched S/G. Now that some real rules with some teeth in it have been proposed they start rubbing the engine builders the wrong way and all #### breaks loose.
It doesn't matter where, when, or how....if a "shirt" with the logo of "NHRA" tears someone down, there better be a consistent rule implementation. I find this to "NOT" be the rule of thumb with the "sanctioning" body of our sport.
Too many "John Wayne" wannabes floating around!
Sad, very sad!

Last edited by Sean Cour; 04-26-2020 at 12:41 AM.
Sean Cour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 01:07 AM   #54
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 937 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cour View Post
It doesn't matter where, when, or how....if a "shirt" with the logo of "NHRA" tears someone down, there better be a consistent rule implementation. I find this to "NOT" be the rule of thumb with the "sanctioning" body of our sport.
Too many "John Wayne" wannabes floating around!
Sad, very sad!
It was before I started racing, but I heard back when Farmer Dismuke was the NHRA National Tech Director, he had the final say, and very little "funny stuff" got past him. Seems that things were a lot more "black and white" when he was in command.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:19 AM   #55
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

?????

Last edited by Sean Cour; 04-26-2020 at 08:59 AM.
Sean Cour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:55 PM   #56
SS/GSI

Liked 507 Times in 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBF67 View Post

It baffles me how this thread keeps going with very little and/or no knowledge about the facts. As I have pointed out previously, to other posters on here, please refrain from making statements you are not educated on. If you would like the facts, although I doubt any of the parties involved will tell you, go get them from the source. If not, your speculative BS is exactly that...BS, and you know who you are! Never heard so many people love the sound of their own voice...keyboard!
Old 04-27-2020, 08:38 PM   #57
Pete Lanciers

Liked 562 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
Never heard so many people love the sound of their own voice...keyboard!
Kevin, my Pop passed away in 2005, still feisty at 98, he coined a colloquialism for the phenomenon you describe. He would say, "Sounds like a man with a paper asshole on a windy day!" Took years for me to understand what he was talking about but then one day I heard it...
Pete Lanciers is offline   Reply With Quote