HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 08-12-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Default TD or not TD at LVD

I have heard RUMORS that there is a TD race at LVD this weekend.
(a make up race that got rained out from a couple weeks ago)

Is this true?
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
RayStantonJr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: TD or not TD at LVD

HI FRANK,I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING SO I CALLED LVD TODAY 8:30AM 8/12 HOWARD SAID IT WAS TO BE OCT. 10TH&11TH. HE ALSO SAID IT WILL BE ON THE WEB SITE SOMETIME THIS WEEK.....RAY STANTON
RayStantonJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: TD or not TD at LVD

Thanks Ray.

It's much appreciated.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
ScottHall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wayne and I have been having many conversations with the track and the racers who are in the points race for 1st and 2nd place. As I write this, here is what we know:

For every remaining weekend from now until Mid-October, there is a conflict with other races that would cause either one, or all three of the principles in points to not be able to attend.

Now what makes this difficult to schedule is that with the only three possiable weeekends available, any one weekend we schedule, it will all but determine who finishes in first thru third before the race even begins.

Here is what is going on that I know of:

Next weekend: 1320X and Pinks - we are not guarenteed that we will be able to complete the race either day...LVD doesn't run the race

August 29-30: Cecil County Divisional that Ken and Debbie will be at based on points in D1, so that could take Ken out of the championship. Its hard to schedule a race knowing he will not be there!

Sept 5-6: DPRC Top Dragster Series Race @ Epping

Sept 12-13: IHRA National Event at Epping

Sept 19-20: IHRA Divisional at Epping

September 26-27: Wayne Hofmann will be at Maryland for the IHRA National Event. The race could be run then, but again, you've determined the points battle before it even starts.

October 3-4: Atco Divisional - Wayne Ken, and myself will be there, and Im sure a few of you may go also.

October 10-11: Atco/Bill Mitchell series race - LVD King of the Hill Race
Haven't confirmed yet, but I know some of the regulars will not be there including myself. I can't confirm that the track can add a T/D race in with the King of the Hill weekend, or anyone can guarentee the weather conditions.

As you can see there are points contender conflicts just with the first two or three racers, never mind having attendance down based on other who race in the series not being there.

From a racers stand point, I know you just want to race, but from our stand point (Wayne and I) we can't just have a race and know:

-Who will win the championship before the first run is made
-We will be down a couple more cars than normal

Remember this......Howard has already taken money from his pocket to cover the fields...with everything he has on his plate, having a SHORTER field with full payout is not fair to have. This entire reason is why we had this series scheduled to end in early August because we knew this schedule got busy after that.

Our final option may be to end the points season now, and have the track coduct a race when they want to schedule it themselves, and follow there payouts, schedule, etc.

No matter what is posted, or what is suggested, it has an implication on the final points outcome. I can say that Ken Moses, Wayne Hofmann, and Vince Mussolino have worked hard to earn the points they have, and to lose positions based on them not being able to attend because a race was rescheduled is hard to look them in face and tell them this.

Scott Hall
ScottHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #5
topd1332

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Scott you are 100% correct I started thinking to myself when was a good date for myself I also have all the samethings you guys are doing. I really think ur last option is OCT 20th and everyone knows the weather in NY and could be a complete rain out or good either way I want to thank both you and Wayne for all the hard work you 2 put into trying to make this deal happen. If you schdule something I will be there Vince Musolino
topd1332 is offline   Reply With Quote