HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > Northeast Super Street Association

Old 11-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts
Default challenge

repost from my post to rob in the massa:

not a bad idea....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As mentioned by Daran Summerton in the Southern Stock and Super Stock Association section, how about a Challenge race or a run off.
We can have an end of year finals so to speak, with the TNT series and the northeast super street group. maybe even the ohio gang (Pacemaker's)
somewhere in the middle. not too far to travel for all involved. maybe just bring top 10 in points? this would be a team race, you could also do this with the s/g series. come on rob. I am calling you out on this. it may even bring more interest to your .90 nats.
Keith 944 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
SST159

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Thumbs up Re: challenge

Keith,
I think that is a great idea.
Kenny is already putting out the feelers in our group to see how many would be interested.
If there is anyone that could pull this together it would be Rob!
I would suggest to welcome as many cars as you can so the pay out makes it worth the drive.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts
Default Re: challenge

Thanks Drew, I hope we can put something together. The main thing is schedule and location. If there is a possible 90 Nationals this year we could maybe do something there but, I'm still deciding the fate of that event.

To give everyone a heads-up regarding this event. I have spoken with Kenny about putting something together and have sent an invite out to Ted Banes and his TNT group to have an All-Star Type event for the groups of MASSA, NESSA & Possibly the TNT Series.

Their are 2 big factors that will have to be taken care of before we go forth. First will be trying to find a location that suits everyone and is a central location. Looking at locations the only place I can think of would be Englishtown as the next closest would be Leb Valley or Atco but, that means that one group would have to drive farther then the other which would be unfair. 2nd would be getting the sponsors to put up the cash to hold the event and put up a nice purse for everyone.

Basically the way things would play out would be similar to a bracket finals. The Top 10 or 12 drivers at the current points standings (Kenny and I will put a cut-off date so everyone is made aware if they made it or not). We would hold a lottery for 1st round pairings and if it's just NESSA & MASSA then I would draw a card then Kenny and thats who would race each other. So it could be #2 MASSA vs. #9 NESSA, #1 NESSA vs. #12 MASSA. The idea behind it is to have a race of champions for Super Street since driver in the 10.90 class don't get a chance for a World Championship.

Send me your ideas and thoughts to Rekeister@aol.com
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote