HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 07-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #21
flash

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Rules for nhra super street

run ihra super rod,don't have to do the physical to get liscence.
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #22
sst1226

Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEMING View Post
I think the 2800 deal is crazy.. people are still running crazy mph.. They need to rethink the weight deal cause there are alot of people with older cars that cant run 632's and go 175mph in super gas, but would be cool going 10.90 at 135...

I wish they would put a mph cap on atleast s/st..
Wasn't the original intention behind the 2,800lb. rule to shy away some of the cars capable of what was considered big MPH for the time from running s/st? If you lowered the weight but want a cap on mph, wouldn't those two work against each other? At that point you would potentially be inviting more cars capable of 150+mph into the class so what would be the mph cap? I also think that a majority of guys capable of 10.90@135 are already doing it.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:55 PM   #23
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

I believe a some of the racers felt that 2500 lb cars were hurting the class, and did not like the idea of a S/G car running SST. They had cars that were just over 2500 lbs. And one year they had stutter boxes, before the throttle control, cubic inch scenario started to take off. They also changed the tree from .4 to .5 seconds. I believe this was 1994 when the rules changed. Hurt some racers that had been running that class for a years. They did not high mph back then like today. High mph for a SST car in 1987 would be 130. And I don't believe that any one was going 130. Lot of races throttle controlled it on the big end.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #24
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Rules for nhra super street

I was going 10.90@145 in 1997 in a 3200 lb backhalf, its all relative to what your used to.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:47 PM   #25
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts

If Super Street is suppose to be an entry level class, then why are cars that can run Super Gas allowed to compete in Super Street? Once your car is able to run Super Gas times and mph, then that car should move up to that class and not be able to run Super Street. What is the purpose of it being an entry level class if you allow cars that can run the faster class to compete with the entry level cars? Super Street is only competed at one national event race per division. Super Gas runs at most national events and competes for national points, Street does not. It doesn't seem fair to allow these cars to run in Street. Just my two cents.

Last edited by NHRA1926; 12-21-2015 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Forgot about the national points issue
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #26
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA1926 View Post
If Super Street is suppose to be an entry level class, then why are cars that can run Super Gas allowed to compete in Super Street?
Who said Super Street is supposed to be an entry level class?
Old 12-22-2015, 05:55 PM   #27
NHRA1926

Super Street has always been considered an entry level class by NHRA in the past. There are no national points for the class. It has always been the class to start racing in to get your feet wet in Divisional competition. It is a class for racers to gain some experience in NHRA divisional competition. It's the class that local racers can run to start their dreams of running a national event in their division. There is only one national event in each of the 7 divisions in the country for Super Street racers to compete at. If you wanna run in the 9's at more than 135 mph then you should run in Gas. Please understand that I'm not knocking any one that runs in the class. I run in Super Street myself. I just don't believe the class is meant for cars that can run in the faster classes, but can come down and run with the slower cars. It doesn't seem right. No different then a full time touring pro racer in any other sport coming back to compete with the next step down division. Once your car is capable of running in that faster class, I don't think it's fair that you come back and compete against the cars in Super Street. Again, I'm not trying to put anyone down or pick on anyone. Hope I get my point across without losing the meaning of my opinion or hurting anyone's feelings. That's not my intentions.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #28
SG192L

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is the way all the .90 classes are just look at Super Gas there are more 170 and 180 mile a hour cars than 140 to 160 nhra let the cat out of the bag an now that is the way it is.
SG192L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:30 AM   #29
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Faster cars only have an advantage if you believe that is true. The slower car has the power to control the race by being in front all the way down the track.

No offense to me personally, as my Super Street car will never be legal to run in the 9s or over 135. I could pretty easily move it over to Stock though.

If you look at the list of race winners, you will see that it isn't dominated by super high MPH cars.

If your emphasis is really on keeping it a 'beginner' class, then the restriction should not be on speed but on driver success. I.E, if you win two division championships, then you can no longer run the class.

Again, that sucks for me since my car can't 'move up.' I'd just need to be done with divisional racing.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:09 PM   #30
NHRA1926

How could you move up to Gas if your car only runs in the tens? My car also could almost fit into stock eliminator also. In fact it is a real street driven car with license plates, registration, state inspection and street tires! Maybe they outta think about requiring street tires and mufflers in the class since it is called Super STREET? Although street cars are getting to be not real "street cars" lately. Take the new street outlaws cars. There about as streetable as Pro Mods or Dragsters. Oh that's right. One of them is now called Crow Mod. What was I thinking?