HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Can-Am Stock Super Stock Series

Old 07-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default Was that a National Event??

This weekend at the Bend didn't seem like a normal national event. Im usually woken up my the smell of VHT but not this weekend. And when a 450hp stocker rattles the tires like a pro modified on a "National Event" track theres a problem. The usual rain kept us all waiting. Im going to leave on tuesday next year so im not parked in the stones. Having a black car i was dusting and spray waxing all weekend to keep it looking half way clean. And then I get my event photo and theres stone dust stuck to the tire shine on the front tires!!!
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 331 Times in 131 Posts
Talking Re: Was that a National Event??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrateCamaro View Post
This weekend at the Bend didn't seem like a normal national event. Im usually woken up my the smell of VHT but not this weekend. And when a 450hp stocker rattles the tires like a pro modified on a "National Event" track theres a problem. The usual rain kept us all waiting. Im going to leave on tuesday next year so im not parked in the stones. Having a black car i was dusting and spray waxing all weekend to keep it looking half way clean. And then I get my event photo and theres stone dust stuck to the tire shine on the front tires!!!
Hey TV, I can sell you a solution for your "shakes".
Dave Turner #3110
D & E/SA ‘72 Mustang
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
Mike Savelle

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Hey Tony what track where you at ? Marshall and Philbrick 1.3 under the index ?????????????? Mike
Mike Savelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Johnny U

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with Tony with the exception of Sunday morning the track really seemed to come around. Usually at Grand Bend my car hooks rather well for what it is but last weekend it was not really that good. Maybe because I finally set the timing correctly and my motor made a little more power I had a few traction issues.
Johnny U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Was that a National Event??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Savelle View Post
Hey Tony what track where you at ? Marshall and Philbrick 1.3 under the index ?????????????? Mike
From what I could see the air was way better than it should have been for this time of year but this has absolutely nothing do do with the lack of bite on the starting line. I would have went .9 under in the first round if i didn't take 4 years of brake pad off in the traps trying to slow the bastard down...and I never go that fast in July. And that was with my bracket tuneup back in with apparently is better than my go fast tuneup. And I seen Briane go way faster than that a few weeks ago at cayuga with terrible air and a good dragstrip. So really "the house of hook" in grand bend wasn't all that great.
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote