HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
knsrace

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

We just want to say thanks to the Lebanon Valley crew, our fellow racers, speedway racers, and owner Howard. Everyone pitched in and saved our equipment except for very muddy trailer floors the race cars were intact. Once again thanks. Our thoughts and prayers to those who lost equipment.

Kenny and Sharon Edgar
knsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
lvd2340

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to lvd2340 Send a message via Yahoo to lvd2340

Here's a link with some pics from the flooding

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow
Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #13
SEBELL1862

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SEBELL1862

First of all, let me explain- over 8" of water fell in the Lebanon area yesterday afternoon. What was throught to be a moderate storm dumped more water than anyone can imagine into a small area washing out roadways and flooding places that haven't seen water like this since the early 70's. It rained so hard it shut Route 20 down further east from the track with over 4 feet of water rushing over the road. All this water had to go somewhere.....of course the track was down stream and was dealing with the deluge of downpour itself.
Here is a status update as I spent most of the day at the track answering phone calls and trying to get a handle on things. The facts as the water level went down- most trailers were able to be accessed as of this evening. Even the ones in the outer field that were underwater were accessible tonight.
We even saved a few fish who had become disoriented and stranded!
There is a section of the jersey barrier in the right lane near the main turn off that has been turned over and undermined. According to Howard, the crews are in line to begin repairs on that tomorrow, which I know as a fact because they were meeting with him this afternoon when the area was visible.
The pit area near the fuel depot and the cross over into the field is no longer there- it is a big hole where the rushing water eroded everything away. Tonight, the contractors were looking over the situation and fill will be used and blacktop will need to be reinstalled in this area. Right now, even a good leap wouldn't get you over the gaping hole leading towards the field and fueling at the depot is impossible because of the cave in.
The water was still in the staging lanes, so it is impossible at this time to know what that area was like. I can tell you it was like the rushing rapids last night.
The timing system right now is still under water. The holes that usually house the timing system looked more like water drains today as the water continued to pour out of them. The system is being pulled apart, repaired and fixed as we speak so that as soon as the water goes down, it can be reinstalled.
We are moving forward. Realistically, I'm truthfully thinking we may be operational by the Night of Fire. Howard being true to his word had the doors of the club house open tonight and the place was drying out as it was the first to become accessible. Crews are on standby to get in to clean up as soon as areas are clear. Howard told me tonight if the weather holds maybe we can have a test and tune on Sunday. Saturday is definitely out of the question. Only time and weather will tell.
Crews were still working at 9pm tonight with large pumps to clear the water out of the oval track which was spilling onto the dragway in hopes to move the water back to the creek.
Once again, as the water level goes down, we will deal with the situations at hand.
Thank you to all for their help and cross your fingers as they are calling for more rain tomorrow (Friday). We'll be back up and running as soon as humanly possible.
SEBELL1862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:27 AM   #14
ScottHall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank You Sue for the information.......

I know you'll keep us informed with reliable info as it happens........

Scott Hall
ScottHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #15
dracer1988

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here are some pictures I took last night. Nothing really other then the big hole by the gas pumps. And look at the water line on the black trailer behind the Ford truck. We got lucky, had water in the trailers but it didn't get into anything on the cars.

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/DRACER1988/
dracer1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #16
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

What a shame, I feel sick for the racers that had their stuff there.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #17
RayStantonJr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys,just wanted to thank,sue,derek,nick,jean,mark and everyone that was trying to reach me wednesday night.i had my phone off and woke up thurs. 7am to the messages.i thought my car and dragsters were done,they were 'only' under 3 feet of water with the fronts receiving only an inch or two ,thats where the engines to the car and dragster were thank god.i want to thank ed moran the starter at lvd for being there with that backhoe he saved my 2 trailers and made it possible for myself and with the help of nick graham to dry them out within hours.thank you ed, i understand you worked very hard wednesday/thurs, 3am.last i,m very sorry for brian,wendy,nelson and the other racers that were not as lucky ,i hope we can all get our cars together very soon and race,howard i seen the track today 'fri' your doing a great job........ray

Last edited by RayStantonJr; 07-31-2009 at 04:30 PM.
RayStantonJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:12 PM   #18
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Man thats some bad looking pictures and I'm sorry to see them. I raced there a few times and really like it up there. I hope the damage to racers and track property is not as bad as it looks.....
Old 07-31-2009, 08:49 PM   #19
SEBELL1862

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SEBELL1862

Today, crews showed up at the track with excavators, fill, stones and all sorts of pumps, brooms and cleaning equipment. The clubhouse was cleaned out and under pretty good condition. The water had gone down enough where the parking lots were clear and the water was out of the concession stands. The jersey barrier was removed and the fill was put in and tamped until.....it rained!
Yes, once again the track and the grounds are under water. Water is once again running through the club house. The good news I guess is that it is a foot less than where it was at it's worse point the other day. Unfortunately, we start at square one once again.
Tomorrow morning, we will be back at the track chasing the water away and cleaning once again.
Keep us in your prayers as we tackle what appears to be a never ending battle. As of tonight's news....another round of rain and thunderstorms on Sunday.

Sue Bell
SEBELL1862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #20
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury

Its 10 am sunday and i just finished making room in the garage for the flooded cars and trailer we are hoping to be able to get them here to the house this am and start the process we never dreamed we would have to do clean up from a flood wendys car was submerged and my dragster they tell me didnt get it as bad i havent seen the stuff yet i am prob gonna cry its our whole life there racing and ourt racing friends and family ........thanks for everyones help and wishes

Brian Hansbury
Wendy Beall
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote