HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 02-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
mike britt

Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default Shock setting startin point

I just put a new set of Strange single adjustable shocks on the rear of my nova. It weighs almost 3000 pounds, has a small block in stock location, ladder bars, and runs low 10's wide open. Any body have a suggestion where to start, they come on softest setting.
mike britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #2
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts
Default Re: Shock setting startin point

Best way to start ,especially on single adjust shocks is to set the shocks in the middle of the range of adjustment and make one or two baseline hits.
If the car feels comfortable going down the track try increasing the setting stiffer on the next run and pay attention to the 60' . ....
If it improved from the baseline run and still felt ok down track increase the setting one more click at a time to see if the 60' improves further .
If the second runs 60'was slower than the baseline then soften the setting to increase the hit and see if the 60' improves
I find it will usually take a few weeks to find the ideal baseline and tire pressure settings on most cars.
I've spent a whole test day just chasing the effect of tire pressure on 2 different shock settings.
Just remember what works on your friends cars wont always work on your car . Converters , chassis settings ,horsepower, changes everything on a shock setup.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:18 PM   #3
mike britt

Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Shock setting startin point

Thanks Tom, I knew you'd have a good idea for me.
mike britt is offline   Reply With Quote