HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 10-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
Bunkster

Liked 43 Times in 10 Posts
Default The Wicked Witch is Dead!

There used to be a fellow in these threads that fought a good fight: To discredit his hometown police department as it had become the laughing stock of the nation.

Waldo, Florida (not far from Gainesville) was the nation’s number one speed trap.

Just a few days ago, that town disbanded its police department.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-town-infamous-for-speed-traps-disbanding-police-force/

Once in a while, the good guys do win.
Bunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
Larry Sullivan

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: The Wicked Witch is Dead!

And just in time, Division 2 has a regional event at Gainesville this weekend.
Larry Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
Ron Ortiz

Liked 251 Times in 84 Posts

Whoa, hold your horses there racers, I have been a contributor in Waldo myself. But, it wasn't the Waldo PD it was the Florida Highway Patrol. You know, black and flat yellow cars, SUV's, muscle cars. Seems they are doing well there also as I have been told by others of their plight. Also which was unusual each one of these customers said the same thing. " He said if I was going a couple of miles less, he wouldn't have to ticket me"

Mine was 12 miles over, another was 11 miles over, another was 14 miles over, another was 9 miles over, and the last one was 8 miles over. Wonder what the "cushion" is?

So Be Aware when in Waldo or nearby

Also be careful when you are going through the twilight zone intersection at night
at US 301.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA Lost and Fined
Old 10-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #4
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

I drive this stretch almost every weekend. I can tell you on any given night it looks light christmas light at the mall with so many "officers" pulling people over. Ron is right most now are the Florida Highway Patrol not Waldo. Also, the road to the Gainesville track. CR 225 is really BAD during the points race and the Gators. The road is 55mph except one small area that is 45mph, It is so small you can stand on the road and see 55mph sign then the 55mph and then in a short distance the 55mph again! That was the last time I contibuted, it was leaving the track after Friday Qual for the points race....
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote