HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 10-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
Ron61

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Class understanding

Been a lurker here for a while, and decided to join up, so I wanted to put on my first post, so take it easy on the new guy. Bracket raced for several years and sold my car 2 years ago, while I was working on another car mainly for street. Been revisiting my local strips the last few month's trying to get back the interest. The car I currently have is a 75 dart with a factory 360, all stock except I put in an 8 3/4 rear. Been looking in the class racing stuff and quite honestly I'm somewhat confused on what is required with all the different classes. I guess my question is do I slowly transform this car to a bracket/street car or possibly a class car. Any help or info would be great. May be a winter project. Car is done, with the exception of any required safety equipment and any other things I may need. Heading to the Super Stock event at nearby Mason Dixon to snoop around some .I don't like to ask questions to guys that are there competing, so figured I would try here. Been to the MD event as a spectator for the last several years, good event.
Ron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
Sean Marconette

Liked 160 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: Class understanding

Welcome,
You may want to repost in the stock super stock section. Give more details of stick or auto. The guys running this combination will be able to tell you better what classes the car fits in. At the top of the Class racer page, there is an icon "NHRA Competition" go there and under TECH, find stock car classification, and engine blueprint. This will help with casting numbers and where the car fits. You also need a rule book. Most likely your car will require a roll bar in stock, any rear end from same manufacturer is allowed. So you are good there. You also need to have some sort of budget in mind as this stuff if not cheap, and we can't just throw parts at it.
Hope this helps.

Sean

Last edited by Sean Marconette; 10-04-2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: More info
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Hi Ron. I'm the guy that does the M-D event every year and it is a great race for sure. This will be my twentieth year in a row going there for this event. Be sure to look me up and say hi.

The Stock Car Classification Guide will tell you what class(es) a car can compete in; some combos may be better at one class over another. Never be afraid to ask questions; it's how we learn.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #4
Ron61

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies and info. I will navigate around here to see if I can figure some of this stuff out. if anything get a better understanding of this type of racing . I was at MD on Saturday to watch some racing, beautiful day, but with a chill in the air. Was great to get back at the track and re connect with some old racer friends. I spoke briefly with Mike Bassin (sp) the track announcer about the event coming up among other things racing oriented, and what a wealth of knowledge. I always thought he was a great announcer. He enlightened me on some things, sounds way over my budget. I did enjoy the 3 classes of index racing they had, actually had a friend run his dad's car and was running very consistent for a car that hasn't been out for 7 years I knew it was a few years but not 7 ,I found out later. Was great to see that car back on the track and a tribute to his dad. Overall a great day at the track, looking forward to that event as I always have. Thinking of o making a trip to Maple Grove for the Dutch Classic, just not sure yet at this time. Mike Carr thanks for your kind comment and know you will be quite busy at that event, but I will take a few seconds of your time to just stop and say hi. I wasn't sure where to put my initial post, so I figured I would put it here.

Last edited by Ron61; 10-05-2014 at 06:15 AM. Reason: forgot a word
Ron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 456 Times in 172 Posts

Hey Ron...thanks for posting, and thanks for your interest....

Best of luck finding the right car/class to get you back into racing. You don't need an eight second car to win, and have fun...Go get em...