HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #21
Mike Gray

Liked 497 Times in 133 Posts
Default Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFicacci View Post
These cars are faster than most super stock cars in "stock" form. Make them all super stock only. Parachutes and 10.5 tires are the next step with these things once everyone gets them to leave. Do we really want that in stock?
Already there: (I think, is this thing a stocker or SS?)
http://www.bangshift.com/blog/The-Pa...Cobra-Jet.html

Last edited by Mike Gray; 05-09-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Mike Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #22
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

Kind of makes ya want to puke dosent it !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #23
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Well, let me tell you about Baton Rouge. I picked D/FIA to run only because there was only one D/FIA in the nation in the whole year last year and that person was from Michigan. So I ran that so I would not offend anyone. Only guy. So I ran what the car seemed to like. I think I went 4 or 5 rounds in a bracket race. No heads up---on purpose. So it was 1.70 under a very soft index. So what. Gee, what a deal. Purposely avoid any heads up and get hosed.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #24
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Well, let me tell you about Baton Rouge. I picked D/FIA to run only because there was only one D/FIA in the nation in the whole year last year and that person was from Michigan. So I ran that so I would not offend anyone. Only guy. So I ran what the car seemed to like. I think I went 4 or 5 rounds in a bracket race. No heads up---on purpose. So it was 1.70 under a very soft index. So what. Gee, what a deal. Purposely avoid any heads up and get hosed.
Jeff,I like your opinion of the question I asked you.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #25
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Well Ed, let me tell you. We have been working out these stock and ss cars since l958. And we learned plenty. And we applied what we learned to these new cars. Matter of fact I was in touch with the factory before the financial trouble about these cars. No one was more surprised than me when they actually made the cars. A 68 Hemi Dart today would have a 4 link, aluminum heads, efi (which did not exist back the, and neither did this crap they call pump gas), a Jerico, a two disc clutch and all the stuff we now have. Would you expect the manufacturers to build an old technology car? Did you know that the average stock/ss efi motor makes about 10 hp less than a carb? A comp motor makes about 20 less. The adjustablity is what makes them work good. The workout time now is about 5% of the time from the 60's. The knowledge is out there. Sorta like an Apple IIE, still a good computer, does the same as the newest stuff, but not as efficient. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but its all I got. Progress is touch, and change is here. No going back.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #26
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Well Ed, let me tell you. We have been working out these stock and ss cars since l958. And we learned plenty. And we applied what we learned to these new cars. Matter of fact I was in touch with the factory before the financial trouble about these cars. No one was more surprised than me when they actually made the cars. A 68 Hemi Dart today would have a 4 link, aluminum heads, efi (which did not exist back the, and neither did this crap they call pump gas), a Jerico, a two disc clutch and all the stuff we now have. Would you expect the manufacturers to build an old technology car? Did you know that the average stock/ss efi motor makes about 10 hp less than a carb? A comp motor makes about 20 less. The adjustablity is what makes them work good. The workout time now is about 5% of the time from the 60's. The knowledge is out there. Sorta like an Apple IIE, still a good computer, does the same as the newest stuff, but not as efficient. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but its all I got. Progress is touch, and change is here. No going back.
Jeff,I agree with what you said,but these new cars are way underfactored compared to the
Hemis,BBC and even the 335HP Cobra Jets.Do you agree with what Bo said about you
guys having at it in your own classes,away from the old combos?Sounds like a good start to re awakening S/SS in the eyes of the public.If the next generation were made in the spirit of the old cars,like mentioned previously,stripper showroom models you wouldn't have to mortgage your future on, we might see a resurgence in class racing.Wadda ya think?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #27
borninamopar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
If we are going to factor them that close, then the 396's and 428's all got to get hit to slow them down for the rest of C Stock. Maybe hit the 273 in U/SA or hit about 19.8 combo's of 350 Chevys to make them run the same as the rest, and the 396/325, that got to get hit, for one thing it is way too fast for SS, Sounds like dumbing-down-America so everyone is the same. We have run a Viper for a friend on 9 inch tires @ 9.20 @ 148. Smooth as glass. The new V10 car I got @ 144 is like driving to the grocery. Any of yall ever been that fast? The title of this thread says it all. You want to get rid of most of the new cars, make new classes and let them beat each other up. No evil, no bull, no nothing else, all the cars are certified to 8.50 and you got the net, collar, etc. Where was all this factoring and evening-up before the new cars. Must have been buried in the back of the brain, or maybe the new cars are in a class where you were the dominant car. The new cars are here just like the new cars in the 60's, then the 90's. I guess if the GM cars were ahead of the goats and ovals, it would be ok with most people.
And that right there says it all: Chevy guys crying and whining. Safe? It's freakin' racin' for grandma's sake...How safe is it supposed to be? If you are scared stay home and watch on TV.
borninamopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #28
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,032 Times in 270 Posts

Jeff, interesting you mentioned the 68 Hemi Dart. Wasn't that car placed in Super Stock immediately? Which is the point everyone has been making from the beginning.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #29
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,032 Times in 270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by borninamopar View Post
And that right there says it all: Chevy guys crying and whining. Safe? It's freakin' racin' for grandma's sake...How safe is it supposed to be? If you are scared stay home and watch on TV.
Yeah, good luck with that position. The brilliance behind it is astounding.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #30
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Contact your Division Director, your SRAC member, or NHRA and support the proposal for new classes in Stock and Super Stock. 6.0, 6.5, and 7.0 in stock (call it A/FX or whatever) and a 5.5 lb class for Super Stock. Give the new high horsepower cars a destination and they might disappear from your complaint box. Imagine that! All the safety rules are already in place, so that ain't an issue. After class, it's a bracket race anyway, and almost all of the folks with these cars won't be on your horizon. Might be the late 60.s all over again. It's out there. Just needs support from the racers, Chevy to get in the field, and stop the Mississippi from rising. All easily done. Trust me. Might be a nice heads up ring on Saturday.
Am i missing something here? was this not put on the table already and wasnt even considered ? I sure remeber a petition for this and they ignored it. Since you seem to be the Embassador to these new DP's what do you feel has changed that they would even consider it now ? enlighten us please.

Last edited by B Aceves; 05-09-2011 at 11:19 PM.
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote