HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
IHRA has had a 7.0 lb class for years and very few ever ran it. The FI cars are seperate from older stockers and again the new cars very seldom show up other than Jeff T.. I think they are all on an ego trip to show off in NHRA. .
IHRA has AA/FI, BB/FI and probably go to CC/FI, DD/FI if needed.
these classes are for the 2008 and up (newer cars)
That is "classess of their own"
Old 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #12
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

So Danny are you saying the same IHRA everyone BITCHES about on here has taken care of the problem? WOW.
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbjr View Post
So Danny are you saying the same IHRA everyone BITCHES about on here has taken care of the problem? WOW.
Yup, solved it before it ever was one..
Old 05-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,016 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Alan,that's the clearest explaination anyone's made on the subject of the new cars.The only one's who'll disagree are those who own/race one and don't want to lose their racing
(heads up) advantage or maybe stand to profit by an association with them.
Ed, I actually LIKE the new cars, I think they're cool, and I think properly classified and promoted they could be good for the manufacturers, good for NHRA, and even good for the classes. I consider guys like Jeff Teuton, Rock Haas, and Dempsey Pendarvis to be friends. Just as I do the Beattie family who own ATI, and who race a new Challenger in Stock. I'd like to see Chevrolet jump in, IF NHRA is going to solve the problems.

I'd also like to see all of the manufacturers actually produce street legal production cars that could fit in real Stock classes, and get them factored and classified at least reasonably. If they'd all produce something like the old COPO 9561 cars and the Road Runners, cars that were basically bare bones light weight cars with a production high performance drivetrain, those would be good for Stock Eliminator, and they'd belong. THAT would be a real return to the sixties and the muscle car era. A real street car, no air, no power accessories, no excess trim, no monster stereo with "blue tooth", just light carpet and rubber floor mats with no power seats. Leave off all the fancy paint, wheels, decals, and trim, and cut the price down where the cars could be bought. Then they could do a body in white program with support, and it would be good for racers, good for racing, and good for sales. I'd even be in favor of NHRA allowing them a shipping weight reduction (say 200-400 pounds from a 3600 pound shipping weight) to allow for taking off the safety and emissions equipment that wouldn't be necessary for racing.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

If we are going to factor them that close, then the 396's and 428's all got to get hit to slow them down for the rest of C Stock. Maybe hit the 273 in U/SA or hit about 19.8 combo's of 350 Chevys to make them run the same as the rest, and the 396/325, that got to get hit, for one thing it is way too fast for SS, Sounds like dumbing-down-America so everyone is the same. We have run a Viper for a friend on 9 inch tires @ 9.20 @ 148. Smooth as glass. The new V10 car I got @ 144 is like driving to the grocery. Any of yall ever been that fast? The title of this thread says it all. You want to get rid of most of the new cars, make new classes and let them beat each other up. No evil, no bull, no nothing else, all the cars are certified to 8.50 and you got the net, collar, etc. Where was all this factoring and evening-up before the new cars. Must have been buried in the back of the brain, or maybe the new cars are in a class where you were the dominant car. The new cars are here just like the new cars in the 60's, then the 90's. I guess if the GM cars were ahead of the goats and ovals, it would be ok with most people.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
JeremyDuncan

Liked 280 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbjr View Post
Not so much......

BATON ROUGE, La. - Final order after 2 rounds of qualifying in Stock Eliminator at the 2011 Nitro Jam Series, IHRA Mardi Gras Nitro Jam:
Psn--Num--Class-Driver, Home Town, Machine-----------------ET---Index---(+/-)
1 4022 D/FIA Jeff Teuton, Houma LA, '09 Challenger 10.495 12.20 -1.705
2 4909 B/FIA Dempsey Pendarvis, Gonzales LA, '09 Challe 10.003 11.55 -1.547
3 489 C/FIA Sam Pourciau, Walker LA, '02 Camaro 10.425 11.90 -1.475
\ 4 4561 F/SA Bill Bagley, Longview TX, '73 Duster 10.927 12.15 -1.223

The lower HP factory race cars still race in the "regular" FI classes. They only made classes for the high HP new combo's.
JeremyDuncan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
If we are going to factor them that close, then the 396's and 428's all got to get hit to slow them down for the rest of C Stock. Maybe hit the 273 in U/SA or hit about 19.8 combo's of 350 Chevys to make them run the same as the rest, and the 396/325, that got to get hit, for one thing it is way too fast for SS, Sounds like dumbing-down-America so everyone is the same. We have run a Viper for a friend on 9 inch tires @ 9.20 @ 148. Smooth as glass. The new V10 car I got @ 144 is like driving to the grocery. Any of yall ever been that fast? The title of this thread says it all. You want to get rid of most of the new cars, make new classes and let them beat each other up. No evil, no bull, no nothing else, all the cars are certified to 8.50 and you got the net, collar, etc. Where was all this factoring and evening-up before the new cars. Must have been buried in the back of the brain, or maybe the new cars are in a class where you were the dominant car. The new cars are here just like the new cars in the 60's, then the 90's. I guess if the GM cars were ahead of the goats and ovals, it would be ok with most people.
Jeff you forget one fact.FACT the old combos you mentioned didn't come into the game with such an outragously underfactored HP rating.The guys who ran those combos worked on them and got them to the point they're at now.I would think that you've been down that road for the many years you've been racig S/SS.How about it?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #18
Joey Bohannon

Liked 61 Times in 21 Posts

My opinion doesn't mean a whole lot nor should anyone elses as a single person, however I feel NHRA and possibly IHRA as well have gone about the system of factoring all wrong. It is my opinion thats every combination should be given a realistic number initially, maybe even a little on the stiff side. Make the owners run the cars hard to qualify and then back into it to make the cars competitive within the class they fit naturally. The anwser isn't "more classes" no one has a problem running the new cars, people have a problem running against ANY under rated car.

I know there will be people to say well spend 100K on a new car and you can be fast too. I choose to race and older car, it is my choice. However should I want to spend 100K on that car it would not be n the same ballpark as the new stuff. YOU CAN'T OUT RUN THE STICKER ON THE WINDOW, PERIOD. I personally couldn't care less at this point, but some people are taking a major reamin' over this stuff.

Joe Bohannon
1967 Camaro SS/HA and PROUD!
Joey Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #19
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyDuncan View Post
Not so much......

BATON ROUGE, La. - Final order after 2 rounds of qualifying in Stock Eliminator at the 2011 Nitro Jam Series, IHRA Mardi Gras Nitro Jam:
Psn--Num--Class-Driver, Home Town, Machine-----------------ET---Index---(+/-)
1 4022 D/FIA Jeff Teuton, Houma LA, '09 Challenger 10.495 12.20 -1.705
2 4909 B/FIA Dempsey Pendarvis, Gonzales LA, '09 Challe 10.003 11.55 -1.547
3 489 C/FIA Sam Pourciau, Walker LA, '02 Camaro 10.425 11.90 -1.475
\ 4 4561 F/SA Bill Bagley, Longview TX, '73 Duster 10.927 12.15 -1.223

The lower HP factory race cars still race in the "regular" FI classes. They only made classes for the high HP new combo's.
As i posted , there will be more classes added to the lower hp cars if there is enough participation... 1 car in competition will not make a new class....at least they are trying to make it fair at IHRA...Oh and all three of the cars listed above( 2- mopars and 1-gm) got hp that weekend too, instead of dropping all the indexes 3 tenths.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
MikeFicacci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These cars are faster than most super stock cars in "stock" form. Make them all super stock only. Parachutes and 10.5 tires are the next step with these things once everyone gets them to leave. Do we really want that in stock?