Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #21
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: Bob Shaw is a bad man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Janes View Post
All the above mentioned have the option to run T/SA. AHFS is a computer generated program that takes the human element out of the equation. Much better than getting horsepower in the staging lanes like sometimes happen in "the good old days"
Thanks alot.............................................. .................................................. ...........

Ed F.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #22
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Bob Shaw is a bad man

Since you all like the AHFS so much and the weak HP combos (what I mean by "SLUGs") lets hope (you not me) that the next combo that he or anyone else comes up with dosent fall into your class (whatever it is) after you have worked for a long time on your car and spent just about everything you could afford and the true potential dosent show up in this new combo until your at INDY or some other big event for class or a heads up run for all the glory and bucks.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #23
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Question Re: Bob Shaw is a bad man

Ed Fernandez -- Exactly what is a "FFF" that Bob Shaw has his choice of that you refer to ? ? ? Not being the Internet junkie that you are some of these letters are foreign to me .And besides me, Dave Ley , Russ Warnes and Joe Teuton might want to know .................
Old 03-22-2009, 04:45 PM   #24
Tony Janes

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Bob Shaw is a bad man

The chances of Ed and Bob Shaw running each other heads up are well like winning the lotto.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #25
John Lang

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Bob Shaw is a bad man

Jack Matyas, I believe he may be in reference to full figured (large) people , as myself and some of the aformentioned!................... Later.......... John
Old 03-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #26
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: Bob Shaw is a bad man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Ed Fernandez -- Exactly what is a "FFF" that Bob Shaw has his choice of that you refer to ? ? ? Not being the Internet junkie that you are some of these letters are foreign to me .And besides me, Dave Ley , Russ Warnes and Joe Teuton might want to know .................
I was going to sit on it for a while but I'll fess up.It means Full Figured Fellow.Welcome to the 21st century Jack.
Tony,I know I'll never have to run Bob.NJ is a long ways from Mo. to me.It would be nice to meet him and see the "slug" Terror in person.

Ed
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #27
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Cool Re: Bob Shaw is a bad man

Ed -- You must have learned that on the 'net as they don't speak that way in New Jersey...............

PS -- Good luck on racin' that Caddy............BTW, when he gets HP, and he will sooner or later, does that make his car a T/SA ?
Old 03-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #28
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Since you all like the AHFS so much and the weak HP combos (what I mean by "SLUGs") lets hope (you not me) that the next combo that he or anyone else comes up with dosent fall into your class (whatever it is) after you have worked for a long time on your car and spent just about everything you could afford and the true potential dosent show up in this new combo until your at INDY or some other big event for class or a heads up run for all the glory and bucks.
That's the nice thing about NHRA, they have All the info online and free so you can determine what class you should race and what competition you may have. All laid out in the open. Some people insist on racing something they are apparently in love with so nothing will change what they race. Others, like Bob Shaw, are smart and have no allegiance to any make or model. And I don't know Bob but I suspect his thrill in racing is the hunt for the obscure.
Hip-hip-horay! for Bob Shaw! (and to all those that feel the need to try and knock him down a notch....waaaawaaaawaaa!
Old 03-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #29
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lee View Post
That's the nice thing about NHRA, they have All the info online and free so you can determine what class you should race and what competition you may have. All laid out in the open. Some people insist on racing something they are apparently in love with so nothing will change what they race. Others, like Bob Shaw, are smart and have no allegiance to any make or model. And I don't know Bob but I suspect his thrill in racing is the hunt for the obscure.
Hip-hip-horay! for Bob Shaw! (and to all those that feel the need to try and knock him down a notch....waaaawaaaawaaa!
I agree Jeff. The car has been in the rulebook for years. Anyone could have built one, What about Ray Golonka's Caddy It ran pretty fast also.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #30
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lee View Post
My sentiments exactly. Atleast one of the afore mentioned racers has had one bad combo for atleast 15 years. Meanwhile ,Bob has built 6 or 7 good cars in the same ET range.
What we DON'T want is affirmative action drag racing.