HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-08-2019, 12:42 AM   #1
Monte Howard

Liked 48 Times in 14 Posts
Default Class Eliminations Run Order

Since we didn’t race at the US Nationals last year, I went to Indy to watch Stock and Superstock Class Eliminations. I would like to see NHRA go back to calling A-G/SA to the lanes and put all A/SA cars in one lane, B/SA in the lane besides them and so on. Setting in the stands watching a couple I/SA cars runs then and couple K/SA cars then whoever. It is a complete mess for the fans. Please NHRA I think for the fans we need to get back to running all same class cars together.this back and forth is a complete mess while setting in the stands.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:39 AM   #2
Steve Dziorny

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Class Eliminations Run Order

This would require everybody in the same class to show up in a timely manner which can get difficult once enough cars start blocking up the entrance to the lanes.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts

I too would like to see the class cars all run together by class, A/S, A/SA, B/S, B/SA etc.

However I think it would be a nightmare to try and pull that off and not have delays.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:56 PM   #4
Rod Greene

Liked 204 Times in 72 Posts

Simple solution. They already pair the cars on a ladder so you know who you are running, Call class to lane like A/S to lane one B to 2 etc . You have 15 minutes to be in your lane and paired up. A runs first when the first pair roll out the lane is blocked if an A car pulls up late he loses. The the B cars roll out when they move if a B car is late he loses. ETC... IF you are late you really were not serious about running class maybe next time you will be prepared.
This is similar to the first 3 pairs in eliminations. This eliminates the people who hang back and play games.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #5
Scott Loge

Liked 141 Times in 30 Posts

Agreed,

Why not use both sides assign each class a Lane # and tell them get there. Start runnin lane 1 and go through. You not in your lane when its time you don't run!!

Easy Peasy!!
Scott Loge is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #6
a pontiac

Liked 35 Times in 10 Posts

When I mentioned this at Indy this year, I was told, " its changed, get over it." This worker was too young to comprehend much more than his authority and his clipboard. I use "worker" loosely in his case.
a pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-08-2019, 06:08 PM   #7
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

It's difficult enough to get all of the cars in the lanes for qualifying during the given time must less at a specific time.....
Dan
Old 01-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #8
Rod Greene

Liked 204 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
It's difficult enough to get all of the cars in the lanes for qualifying during the given time must less at a specific time.....
Dan
I never had a problem getting to the lanes on time. I was usually the first car there. I think that after you didn't make it once and lost you would get your act together and be there on time.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #9
Bill Bogues

Liked 169 Times in 52 Posts
Smile Re: Class Eliminations Run Order

Call them up in order: a,b,c etc: if there not in line to run when there class starts running too bad.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:07 PM   #10
Dallas Kelly

Liked 85 Times in 21 Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again, to run a class together requires that the personnel assigned to the staging lane jobs understand what a CLASS is and how important for the show that everyone in that class runs consecutively. This was NEVER a problem when Redman controlled the lanes during class eliminations so most competitors understand it IS a manageable situation but the will to do so must originate form the top down. Rant over.
Dallas Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote