HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-25-2015, 07:10 AM   #1
Pony Pilot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Throttle Stop Baseline Setup

After four trips to the track resulting in three opportunities to remove my trusty C-4 to replace clutches and bands, I finally gave in and bought a Powerglide for my SST car. Needless to say, I'm back at square 1 as far as my throttle stop combination. I've had one opportunity to test so far, and discovered I have a fair learning curve in front of me as far as what the Powerglide wants in the way of going on the stop and when to shift it. My test was on a 1/8th mile track. I did two all out passes; one at 5.87/116 and the other at 5.88/116, so it appears to be very consistent. First try on the stop was having TS1 set to come on at 0.3 sec; TS2 set for 2.5 sec. My goal was simply to find what RPM it wanted to be at on the stop. My initial goal was to get to 4,000 RPM. Shift was set for 7,000 RPM. The car didn't like this, as RPM on the stop dipped sharply to 3,400, but then accelerated during the remaining time on the stop as seen on my Racepak graph. The best pass I had was going on the stop at 0.3, shifting on time at 0.7 and an RPM on the stop of 4,400. The only issue I saw was a 400 RPM drop at the shift, otherwise the RPM on the stop was pretty stable. TS2 was kept at 2.5 seconds for all test passes. I realize graphs don't win races, but I was wondering if that is typical of a Powerglide car, or if I need to keep tweaking something? I figure that as long as the car does the same thing consistently, I should be able to work with it. I just thought some of you guys who have run powerglides a lot longer had any additional advice the might shorten my learning curve. Thanks for any input.
Pony Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Throttle Stop Baseline Setup

What type of stop is it? air or electric? How heavy is the car?
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Pony Pilot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Throttle Stop Baseline Setup

It's a 4-blade #1 Stop electric. Car weight is ~2,850 lbs. Graph pasted in to better show what I'm talking about.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TS Graph.PNG
Views:	390
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	27177  

Last edited by Pony Pilot; 01-27-2015 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Adding Graph
Pony Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote